Sonic, Chili’s join restaurants with no-guns policy

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Sonic, Chili’s join restaurants with no-guns policy

Post by Nolan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:36 am

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Sonic, Chili’s join restaurants with no-guns policy

Post by Toddstang » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:08 am

Open carry: I can see their point because of the idiots who open carried rifles into restaurants in Texas. They said nothing of conceal carry.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:10 am

But Sonic is a drive through. Screw them.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:01 am

Toddstang wrote:But Sonic is a drive through. Screw them.
They specifically noted on their patio and inside and added that for your car to follow local laws.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 am

I used to love Sonic. It was a local link to home, for me. I deem my money better spent elsewhere, now. Chili's never did much for me anyway, so no great loss there, but there's now no chance that I'll spend any of my money there, ever again.

My little boycott may mean exactly nothing in the great scheme of things, but it's my money and, by God, I will pick and choose for myself where I spend it.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:19 am

Wyldman wrote:I used to love Sonic. It was a local link to home, for me. I deem my money better spent elsewhere, now. Chili's never did much for me anyway, so no great loss there, but there's now no chance that I'll spend any of my money there, ever again.

My little boycott may mean exactly nothing in the great scheme of things, but it's my money and, by God, I will pick and choose for myself where I spend it.
It does and doesn't mean anything. Chili's won't miss your money but you instead spending it at some place that does respect your rights is a triumph for them. They may not see it because they calculated profits in the millions but it makes a difference.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:32 am

so you shouldn't roll up in your hood-mounted belt fed, I guess.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:04 am

[quote="Wyldman"]I used to love Sonic. It was a local link to home, for me. I deem my money better spent elsewhere, now.

Sonic up here don't seem the same as they used to be in the south. For that matter they aren't the same down there anymore either. Not bad, just not what they used to be... They used to be awesome!

travisccook
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by travisccook » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:35 am

I think the NRA-ILA did well in addressing this particular issue.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... ore-321429
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:28 pm

They said they will follow local laws which seems to me they are hinting at gun owners to conceal. Non gun people really won't get that reference about following local laws because most people think its illegal to carry guns....seriously. I bet more people than not think its illegal to carry a gun without a "license". We surround ourselves with like minded people often we don't hear as much from the general masses.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm

jackalo626 wrote:They said they will follow local laws which seems to me they are hinting at gun owners to conceal. Non gun people really won't get that reference about following local laws because most people think its illegal to carry guns....seriously. I bet more people than not think its illegal to carry a gun without a "license". We surround ourselves with like minded people often we don't hear as much from the general masses.
This was my thoughts as well.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:22 pm

jackalo626 wrote:They said they will follow local laws which seems to me they are hinting at gun owners to conceal...
I think they're doing more than hinting--at least Chili's seems do be. Their statement:

"We recognize that the open carry of firearms in restaurants creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws," Chili’s Dallas-based parent said in statement. "So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue."

I actually feel sorry for some of these businesses. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:They said they will follow local laws which seems to me they are hinting at gun owners to conceal...
I think they're doing more than hinting--at least Chili's seems do be. Their statement:

"We recognize that the open carry of firearms in restaurants creates an uncomfortable atmosphere and is not permitted under many local liquor laws," Chili’s Dallas-based parent said in statement. "So, we kindly ask that guests refrain from openly carrying firearms into our restaurants and we will continue to follow state and local laws on this issue."

I actually feel sorry for some of these businesses. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Yep. Say you're sitting in Chili's, with family, when Joe Bob pulls up in his vehicle. He gets out, straps on a rifle, shot gun, what ever, as you and your family see this. Your reaction Im sure isn't going to be "Let me sit here and finish my Cajun Chicken Pasta and see what happens." At least Im not.
If these open carry extremist wouldn't have taken shit over the edge with long guns, and left shit alone with holstered side arms, these places of business wouldn't be putting this stuff out.
JMHO.

Edit: Watching Bonanza rerun. Guys get off horses, put long guns in side saddle, go into tavern with side arms. Not a care was given.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:53 pm

Frailer wrote:

I say hinting because they don't directly say "bring your guns concealed so everyone will shut up about it". Also the people that don't think carrying is allowed at all for human beings, will not get the point of mentioning they will follow local laws on the issue. To us they are appeasing us and letting is know cc is welcome.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:26 pm

KYgundude wrote:
They specifically noted on their patio and inside and added that for your car to follow local laws.
Lets go to Sonic

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Another thing: why are folks always talking about how great gun laws are in Texas?

Open carry is in Kentucky's constitution, forgoodnesssakes. In TX open carry of sidearms is verboten.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Frailer wrote:Another thing: why are folks always talking about how great gun laws are in Texas?

Open carry is in Kentucky's constitution, forgoodnesssakes. In TX open carry of sidearms is verboten.
you got me, no open carry is what always stands out to me.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:09 pm

I don't get people who do it to make a statement. If I carried (and my opinion is useless cause I live in Canada), why would I want to advertise it? I understand that there are people who are uncomfortable around firearms. Am I? No. But I get it. I don't want someone thumping their Bible on my table at a restaurant, I don't want a pride parade prancing around it either. Same way I wouldn't want an open carry advocate flaunting his/her gun rights. I just don't want people pushing their agenda on me, no matter what it is.

You got your beliefs? Good. You don't need to be a zealot and force it on others.

I've never been to a Sonic, so I don't really know how bad this affects y'all haha.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:54 am

That'll be two if he ever makes it down here.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:58 pm

ssracer wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401817876.245481.jpg
Perfectly put.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Toddstang wrote:
ssracer wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401817876.245481.jpg
Perfectly put.
I'm lovin it

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Everything Else”