calling out a kac member/sponcer

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: calling out a kac member/sponcer

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

SpookyPistolero wrote:Its amazing what a gin & tonic and a nights rest will do for your demeanor. Give it a whirl.
I think it was moonshine actually that started this.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

How about we wait until the moonshine wears off.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

wash
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by wash » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 pm

I don't see antagonizing the Rev or LA as productive.

wash
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by wash » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 pm

The facts: Shooting the G18 ROCKED!!!!

reverend dreed

Post by reverend dreed » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Coachf wrote:
reverend dreed wrote:Ok guys here is the deal! L/A as of wends at 8 pm made no donation to the range.

I will bow out of this as he has more influence than I do here.

I will no longer be posting on this site or kfa for that matter. as it seems that I am a liar.

If you guys still want the range on the 14th of july let me know, but I will have no part of this Bull Shit

if you want to reserve the range for the 14th of july post on my site otherwise i will remove the reservation as of monday the 16 th of april

see ya around Dave
w Dave, that sure was quick. So the range is reserved but now your going to remove the reservation unless we post on your site?

...thought you weren't a range officer? Why the hostility to all of us?
nope not a range officer just a member that pays the $150 to reserver the range for a private party out of my own pocket

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Till » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:39 pm

.... Can't we all be friends?

I mean really is all of this necessary?
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

wash
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by wash » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 pm

I'd follow the Rev to hell and back. Let's let time allow for the Rev and Lincoln to work this out. Both are good guys. I'm sure this will be resolved once they can talk to each other.

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Till » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:43 pm

This is redonkulos....

Night, watch out for the mean unicorns on Friday the 13th. Full moon tonight?
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:44 pm

I see this not going anywhere tonight.

IMHO Everybody get some sleep.

wash
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by wash » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Agreed. Further posting is not going to help matters. I'm shutting up unless I have to respond to a post. Maybe lock it up??? Not my call of course.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm

reverend dreed wrote:Ok guys here is the deal! L/A as of wends at 8 pm made no donation to the range.

I will bow out of this as he has more influence than I do here.

I will no longer be posting on this site or kfa for that matter. as it seems that I am a liar.

If you guys still want the range on the 14th of july let me know, but I will have no part of this Bull Shit

if you want to reserve the range for the 14th of july post on my site otherwise i will remove the reservation as of monday the 16 th of april

see ya around Dave
I originally planned on handling this privately and hate to continue to air it out here, but it looks as if it needs to be now....

First of all this has nothing to do with "who has more influence" and no one called you a liar...

Its clear that LA hasnt made the donation yet, but is there a reason, does he plan on bailing on NH and KAC over $200??

What would have been wrong with us contacting him (or you shooting him a pm) to find out whats going on??

I really hate to call you out Rev, but the wat you chose to handle this bears bad results for everyone involved....basically this was set up to be a lose, lose situation....

Worse case senerio: LA is a thief and he lied......then we could have noted it and handled it appropriately...

But what if he has/or still planned on following thru.....now we've openly mad him look bad for no reason at all...

And as I suspected as soon as I seen this thread, someone would end up "leaving"

I just dont see how there were good intentions with the way this was handled....

Not sure what else to say.....

Im still waiting to talk to Mike.....shortly after I was contacted about this situation I had a small emergency to tend to and just got home.....

Which brings up another point that weve discussed more than once.....we try to handle issues as quickly and appropriately as possible, but we do have families, work and life in general and cant always just drop things we have going.....

I really just wish this could have went down differently
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:58 pm

SpookyPistolero wrote:Its amazing what a gin & tonic and a nights rest will do for your demeanor. Give it a whirl.
experience??? :llama:
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

Lincoln Arms

Post by Lincoln Arms » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Mr. Reed,
I apologize that I have not had a chance to read your post of hostility and anger towards me until now. My full time job has had me out of the country for most of the week. I really don’t have anything to say other than I am sincerely sorry for the members and my customers who have had to read the negative and disrespectful things that you have posted about me. I don’t portray to have any more influence or anything else on this site than any other member. I simply have a hobby that I enjoy and I try to share and promote to others with little to no personal gain. I lost a dear friend last November that spent every Friday night for a long time shooting trap at the New Haven range. Out of kindness and respect, I offered to donate my time and my weapons to benefit the club financially and to give members an opportunity that they may never again get to have. Giving back to my community and fellow shooters is all that I have ever intended to do. Right now, I suppose that there are two envelopes in P.O Box 172 at the New Haven Post Office that enclose two separate checks made payable to the Lincoln Trail Fish and Game Club. Beside the “For” section of these checks, you will see that one will say 2012 Club Membership and is for $15.00. The other will say something of about K.A.C and Buford Holt Donation and is for $235. I am not sure if Larry Holbert is in charge of that Post Office Box. I will act as if nobody has checked that box or made anyone aware of the two payments made by me that reside there. I will be glad to meet any club officer with access to the P.O Box at the Post Office in the morning in case it has not been checked in the past two weeks. I am available for a phone conversation if necessary and can be reached at 270-766-8349. I can only apologize for not handing someone a stack of cash that Sunday afternoon. I wanted to make sure that these funds made it directly to the club and didn’t add any further responsibility by handing the money off to someone else. I did not boast about the donation, nor did I make a big deal about it. I simply enclosed a letter with my donation and the reason behind it. I am truly sorry for your negative feelings towards me and I hope that someone will please check the mail.
Mike Boone
Lincoln Arms

Ironsights

Post by Ironsights » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 pm

looks to be settled. wished i wouldve got in on some of the g18 action but didnt that day

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Cue chirping crickets.

SpookyPistolero
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SpookyPistolero » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Ar-Rob wrote:
experience??? :llama:
Ha!
You better call Kenny Loggins. Cause you're in the danger zone.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Lincoln Arms wrote:Mr. Reed,
I apologize that I have not had a chance to read your post of hostility and anger towards me until now. My full time job has had me out of the country for most of the week. I really don’t have anything to say other than I am sincerely sorry for the members and my customers who have had to read the negative and disrespectful things that you have posted about me. I don’t portray to have any more influence or anything else on this site than any other member. I simply have a hobby that I enjoy and I try to share and promote to others with little to no personal gain. I lost a dear friend last November that spent every Friday night for a long time shooting trap at the New Haven range. Out of kindness and respect, I offered to donate my time and my weapons to benefit the club financially and to give members an opportunity that they may never again get to have. Giving back to my community and fellow shooters is all that I have ever intended to do. Right now, I suppose that there are two envelopes in P.O Box 172 at the New Haven Post Office that enclose two separate checks made payable to the Lincoln Trail Fish and Game Club. Beside the “For” section of these checks, you will see that one will say 2012 Club Membership and is for $15.00. The other will say something of about K.A.C and Buford Holt Donation and is for $235. I am not sure if Larry Holbert is in charge of that Post Office Box. I will act as if nobody has checked that box or made anyone aware of the two payments made by me that reside there. I will be glad to meet any club officer with access to the P.O Box at the Post Office in the morning in case it has not been checked in the past two weeks. I am available for a phone conversation if necessary and can be reached at 270-766-8349. I can only apologize for not handing someone a stack of cash that Sunday afternoon. I wanted to make sure that these funds made it directly to the club and didn’t add any further responsibility by handing the money off to someone else. I did not boast about the donation, nor did I make a big deal about it. I simply enclosed a letter with my donation and the reason behind it. I am truly sorry for your negative feelings towards me and I hope that someone will please check the mail.
Mike Boone
Lincoln Arms
Thank you for the response!

Hartlage
KAC Member
KAC Member

calling out a kac member/sponcer

Post by Hartlage » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 am

Well that was interesting. Think I'll have a glass of bourbon and listen to some Bob Marley now.
Eagerly awaiting the XDS release...

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:08 am

I just talked to Mike/Lincoln Arms....his post above pretty much sums it up...

To be clear HE MAILED THE CHECK A FEWS DAYS AFTER THE EVENT AND IT SHOULD BE IN THEIR PO BOX NOW...

He didnt just send it, he already sent it....I have no reason to doubt him....

Sounds like this is a very unfortunate way for all this to unfold....

I am personally embarrassed how this was handled and hope we can all put it behind us...

Its really a shame that we have so many good members that got tangled up in this mess and resulted in the lashing and bashing it did....and all for no reason....

Even if LA did default it wouldnt have been a reason to have something like this transpire...

Let's all just remember this and hopefully we can learn from it and handle things better in the future if problems arise....

Not sure what else to say other than I hope we can all move one and make amends...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Return to “Everything Else”