Good Brake Mechanic for an Acura??? Louisville

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Good Brake Mechanic for an Acura??? Louisville

Post by Next » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 am

I have 2011 RL. Was hoping to find a shop that works on these. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself. 74,000 miles on it and dealer said I need to replace all around in a few months. I know there are guys that specialize in certain models so I was hoping to find one. With the rate I am going I will need this done around Aug-Sept time frame. Will also need new tires I am at 5/32 now on the factory michelins. I should get 90,000 miles on the factory set which one shop told me suck and only have a rating of 45,000 miles. I do mostly hwy driving.

I am also kicking around trading it in. Maintenance is crazy expensive on this thing.

Thanks again for replies. I will get serious in a few months

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Toddinlou » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:47 am

Next wrote:I have 2011 RL. Was hoping to find a shop that works on these. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself. 74,000 miles on it and dealer said I need to replace all around in a few months. I know there are guys that specialize in certain models so I was hoping to find one. With the rate I am going I will need this done around Aug-Sept time frame. Will also need new tires I am at 5/32 now on the factory michelins. I should get 90,000 miles on the factory set which one shop told me suck and only have a rating of 45,000 miles. I do mostly hwy driving.

I am also kicking around trading it in. Maintenance is crazy expensive on this thing.

Don't replace tires at 5/32. Run them down to 3/32 fairly easily. Really any shop can do your brakes. I would honestly take one of the guys on here up on the offer to help you out. They aren't very difficult to do. At your mileage I probably wouldn't mess with turning rotors, just replace them. Parts can be had pretty cheaply. Check rock auto.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:51 am

Maintenance wise, flush the transmission (dealer isn't much as most honda vehicles are drain and fill not flush) and check to see if it's timing belt vs chain. If it's belt keep up with that even though it's pricey.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:22 am

Next wrote:I have 2011 RL. Was hoping to find a shop that works on these. I don't feel comfortable doing it myself. 74,000 miles on it and dealer said I need to replace all around in a few months. I know there are guys that specialize in certain models so I was hoping to find one. With the rate I am going I will need this done around Aug-Sept time frame. Will also need new tires I am at 5/32 now on the factory michelins. I should get 90,000 miles on the factory set which one shop told me suck and only have a rating of 45,000 miles. I do mostly hwy driving.

Whoever told you maintenance was crazy expensive on a jap vehicle either is the person taking your money or have no clue WTF they are talking about. I won't waste my time with the endless details and info backing that up but the Internet is at your finger tips.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:19 pm

everything I see on the acura brakes, there is nothing special to scare anyone off or make it a "special" job. Order your parts and hit me up this fall. Just toss me what ever cash/ammo for labor fees. I hate to see people screwed by dealers and shops. Some will bend you over for a few bucks on some useless BS.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 pm

An Acura is probably a snap compared to my Mercedes. I think they done everything the hardest way possible.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Return to “Everything Else”