Cigars

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Cigars

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Exactly the kind of response I expected from you. I've seen the way you flame some people and "flex" you superior knowledge on certain topics such as school. You might be a pretty cool guy but can certainly be a dick at times. I did msg someone else regarding these and they in turn mentioned it in the thread and appreciate it. They didn't turn face and act like a total asshat. Congrats dude.

I'm sick of the way you talk to some of the people on this forum. You should be a little more appreciative and get off your "I'm an educated school principal" high horse. I would expect someone like yourself to be a little more understanding.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Marcus wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:/sigh

Another counterfeit Cohiba. If anyone is interested in some genuine Cubans, contact me by pm.

I want two cubans. One for me and one for coach. How do I make this happen?
PM your address and I'll gladly send you a small package for the both of you.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Coach wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Another counterfeit Cohiba. If anyone is interested in some genuine Cubans, contact me by pm.

I want two cubans. One for me and one for coach. How do I make this happen?
PM your address and I'll gladly send you a small package for the both of you.

Good on you. At least your not a complete prick.
I never thought I was a prick. As far as my knowledge, it was the only major thing I had to add to this forum as I don't have the incredible gun knowledge you folks have. Hence the reason I joined this forum. I was just trying to help you out and even offered to send you a care package. All you do is continue to call me names and such. That's fine by me. I won't lose any sleep over it. Happy Easter to you and yours.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:50 pm

FWIW based on my experience with Cohibas in Europe a judicious application of rat shit could be an improvement. ;)

IMHO 75% of the appeal of Cubans is due to the "forbidden fruit" mystique.

I'm much more of a pipe smoker than a cigar smoker, but given the choice of any cigar in the world I'd go for an Arturo Fuente Robusto.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Frailer wrote:FWIW based on my experience with Cohibas in Europe a judicious application of rat shit could be an improvement. ;)

IMHO 75% of the appeal of Cubans is due to the "forbidden fruit" mystique.

I'm much more of a pipe smoker than a cigar smoker, but given the choice of any cigar in the world I'd go for an Arturo Fuente Robusto.
Cohibas are prolly one of the strongest cigars made in Cuba. Aside from Cohiba and a few others, most of the other hand rolled brands from Cuba are often blended the exact same way. 33% to each leaf. The difference in each cigar and brand typically comes from the region the tobacco was actually grown in.

I love fuente. The hemmingway short story is FANTASTIC. It's a great short smoke when you don't have a great deal of time on the table. If you ever feel like spending a ton of money and have an hour to kill, try a fuente fuente opus x. They are nothing short of spectacular. They are a very strong cigar though. Make sure you eat a big meal before you intend to tackle one.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:54 pm

What identifies this as a fake? Just curious... I have a Cohiba and then two Romeo Cubans I brought back from the DR.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Anyone ever tried a Macanudo Portofino? I took a shine to them years ago, and enjoy one every once in a while, when I can afford them.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Toddinlou wrote:

What identifies this as a fake? Just curious... I have a Cohiba and then two Romeo Cubans I brought back from the DR.
Mostly the words habana cuba runs into the above live. It would never pass habano sa inspections. They are pretty meticulous. Cohibas are the most counterfeited cigars in the world. Often times, they are actually made in Cuba. Problem is they aren't made in the official partagas factory in havana. The create fake bands and use cuban tobacco short filler off the floor. That typically leads to foreign material ending up in the stick. I've gotten tons of fakes before. I once bought a box of dantes and the whole box was a bust. I was pissed. I've never bought a box of high end collector sticks since. It's just too much of a risk. They only made a few hundred boxes of the dantes.

Cubancigarwebsite.com is a great source for cuban cigar knowledge. It's based out of Australia. The guy that runs it is top notch. I met him on a trip to a herf in Australia a few years back.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Wyldman wrote:Anyone ever tried a Macanudo Portofino? I took a shine to them years ago, and enjoy one every once in a while, when I can afford them.
Macanudo is prolly the largest know brand out there. They make great mild cigars that are pretty affordable. My first hand rolled stick was a macanudo. They sell them everywhere from high end premium brick and mortar stores down to has stations. They've been doing it for years.

To answer your question, I don't think I've ever had the portifino.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:32 pm

A fine, soothing smoke, (white tube) especially good with brandy after dinner. The Robustos (green tube) are nice, but have more character, and require tequila or bourbon as an accompaniment.

My .02 worth, FWIW. You really should try at least one.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Wyldman wrote:A fine, soothing smoke, (white tube) especially good with brandy after dinner. The Robustos (green tube) are nice, but have more character, and require tequila or bourbon as an accompaniment.

My .02 worth, FWIW. You really should try at least one.
I'll do just that then. I'm going to a concert on Wednesday night. I'll pick one up for the trip up. I'm pretty sure my local b&m has them on hand.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:21 am

PM's incoming to a few.
Last edited by mtchbrian on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:53 am

mtchbrian wrote:take the griping to PM's. don't need this place looking like KFA with Wash having an episode.
Not helpful
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 am

Probably another counterfeit Cohiba but I'll smoke it just the same. The COHIBA on the band in person is metallic but the lettering is a little low. BTW this did not come from Cigars Intl. Just had the catalog on the coffee table.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 am

Toddinlou wrote:Image

Probably another counterfeit Cohiba but I'll smoke it just the same. The COHIBA on the band in person is metallic but the lettering is a little low. BTW this did not come from Cigars Intl. Just had the catalog on the coffee table.
It's kinda hard to see from that angle. The color of the band looks good. The cigar is a lighter colorl compared to a maduro which is good. The gold on the lettering looks good. Like you said, the country is a little low. Is the cigar tripple capped? Pic for reference.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398083379.365912.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398083379.365912.jpg (110.94 KiB) Viewed 388 times

Medic45

Post by Medic45 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Cigar international is a spin off company for cigars.com!! They are both exceptional company's but neither offer the ISOM you maybe looking for! The one shown is a Nico made Cohiba which iIS A FANTASTIC STICK I am an active member on Ccom aka cigar.com!! 1fast message me sometime let's chat ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by irishrob » Sun May 04, 2014 8:55 pm

I've been getting some good deals from http://www.cigarauctioneer.com They are run by Famous Smoke shop. Usually get them at about 50% off.

I place I used a few years ago for forbidden cigars is Puroexpress.com

I may have a couple humidors to unload if anyone needs one. Trying to cut back to just keeping 2. Easier to maintain.

Return to “Everything Else”