Fan violence leads to shooting

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by scorpionmain » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 am

KY made National news for the rioting after the win.

Police say violence among fans led to a shooting.
It happened near campus on South Limestone at Virginia Avenue.

Police say a group of pedestrians got into an argument with some people inside a car when at least one shot was fired.

Police say the victim may have been from Louisville and suffered serious injuries but is expected to survive.

Investigators say the shooter fled the scene

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/One_ ... 96985.html
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Fan violence leads to shooting

Post by Rem700 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 am

Used to live right near that corner. Stupid people.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 am

At the game there was a student holding up a sign that said Couches Burn Soon. Bet the university loves publicity like that.

Like I said in another thread - class, you either have it or you don't
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:51 am

And most drunk college students don't

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 am

Back in the day I shook up my liver often while in college and I guarantee i never even considered turning over cars or burning the furniture. We did, however, plug the drain in the basement of the Delta house, turn on the water, flood it and go swimming. They kept nothing down there so we could do it lol

The point is you don't have to destroy private property to have a good time.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

This is why when sports progress each year I leave the shit alone. Had a good time eating with the rev and everyone in etown for the ul/uk game and no couches were burned.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Hartlage
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Hartlage » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 am

I listened to the police scanner until about 3am. The stuff that was going last night was crazy. There were actually three shootings, but the first one they claimed was not related to the rioting, even though it happened 10 minutes after the game and both subject and victim were decked out in UK gear. It took them about five minutes to respond to the second one due to crowds, witnesses said they didn't know who the shooter was, and the victim got up on their own after a couple minutes and wondered off.

There were A LOT of shots fired calls, but some of them ended up being fireworks.
Eagerly awaiting the XDS release...

Liberty4Ever

Post by Liberty4Ever » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Some of the fireworks in my Lexington neighborhood last night sounded like shots fired, but then again, shots are fired here fairly often. Gosh, the city council passed an ordinance making it illegal to discharge a firearm. So how can there possibly be shots fired in my neighborhood? I don't understand.

:|
Buy rice. Buy beans. Buy guns. Buy ammo.
This is your final SHTF warning!

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm

They should bring in the Feds to borrow the face recognition software, run the video through it and match up the idiots that flipped the cars and set the fires, then arrest them for every felony committed and refuse any plea deals and expel them from UK.
They wanna act like F'ing thugs, let them live the rest of their lives with the results...

Hartlage
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Hartlage » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:42 pm

The guy from this story had his foot amputated today. He'll probably sue the university and settle for a couple million.
Eagerly awaiting the XDS release...

Harleyx2
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Harleyx2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:30 pm

This timeing out sucks

Harleyx2
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Harleyx2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Can't even repile

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Liberty4Ever wrote:Some of the fireworks in my Lexington neighborhood last night sounded like shots fired, but then again, shots are fired here fairly often. Gosh, the city council passed an ordinance making it illegal to discharge a firearm. So how can there possibly be shots fired in my neighborhood? I don't understand.

:|
you must live in my neighborhood because this surely can't be happening in more than one area in Lex. :roll:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm

I agree there are laws against this so it couldn't have happened. We need to make up more laws on top of those so they really don't do it again! :llama:

Return to “Everything Else”