"So You Think You’re Leonidas With a Rifle"

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

"So You Think You’re Leonidas With a Rifle"

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Food for thought

http://monderno.com/monderno/so-you-thi ... h-a-rifle/
So You Think You’re Leonidas With a Rifle

Before I get beyond the first sentence, I need to say that it is not my goal to make someone butt hurt, but if the shoe I am about to describe would fit, then lace it up and wear it. If you are offended by this article odds are that it is directed at you.

There are people who say Molon Labe and truly mean it, but the vast majority would quite literally piss down their leg if the fight ever came to their doorstep.

With the attacks on the Second Amendment coming from all sides, there has been a sort of catchphrase that has arisen that lets everyone know you are a firearms guy or gal, and you are ready to fight to the death to protect your firearms. The Molon Labe movement as I call it has unified us as firearm people and protectors of our rights, and for that I am proud. But what I am absolutely sick of is where I will piss off many.

If you know me on a personal level, you will know that I’m not a fan of the morale patches. I realize I am in the minority on this one and that’s fine, if most of the world agreed with my views we would have some serious issues to deal with, but I digress. It seems that many people have morale patches that show off their inner Leonidas with saying like “Come and take them”, “Embrace the suck” and “Major League Gunfighter”. Unless you are in Afghanistan/Iraq/Africa or other hostile fire pay zone, or have fired a shot in anger in your life (and I don’t mean because you’re pissed off that your $800 AR is jamming) my personal thought is you need to take that shit off your backpack and get back to reality. There are truly rough men in this world that do the dirty work to keep us safe, these men are the true Major League Gunfighters, even though they would never use that term, mainly because truly badass people don’t talk about how badass they are. They don’t self-promote, they don’t call themselves gunfighters. They are quiet professionals; they do evil, but in a very good way.

If there were men on this Earth that could claim Leonidas status, it would be men that have answered the call, in battle, amidst the chaos that comes in battle, and have proven themselves to have mettle; not a middle aged balding guy who watches “Rifle Kata” DVD’s and fashions himself a defender of the Union. While earlier I said I was proud of the Molon Labe movement for helping to unify the firearms community, I am still at a loss as to how the aforementioned self-proclaimed gunfighters will stand up, scream Molon Labe, and take on the US Government in a fight to the death, when most haven’t been in a fist fight in their entire life.

To me if you are willing to tell someone to “come and take them” and I walk up to you, punch you in the face and take your rifle, you had better be ready to shoot me on the spot. If not, then take that shit off and help fight the anti-gun people by other means. The anti-gun people have it in their heads to confiscate all things that go “boom, bang, pop, and snap” and to this end we will see a fight. But don’t say “come and take them” and then just turn in your weapons when the police show up for your gear. Because the time may come when you have your chance to stand and fight, but don’t threaten an armed march on DC just to prove you have balls. As a Weapons SGT once told me, there is a big difference between courage in the face of danger, and danger in the face of stupidity.

A friend of mine in the People’s Republic of Kalifornia has told me for the better part of a year that there are people who can fight on the front lines, and there are people who can help those who fight. Much like Combat Arms and Support units in the military; one is no more important than the other, as they have to have each other in order to be successful. I am not saying not to fight the asshats that are pushing their anti-gun agenda on us, I am saying stop trying to be Billy Bad Ass, and just be Regular Joe who supports our Second Amendment.

If I haven’t managed to offend you yet, stick around, because next up I’ll be talking about embracing the suck.

Today we welcome our newest contributor here on Monderno, SGT Ray Gunbunny. SGT Ray comes to us with an impressive background that you can learn about here.

If SGT Ray has offended you, please email your hurt feelings report to HurtFeelings@Monderno.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re:

Post by Frailer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Coach wrote:Agreed. Im not a badass. Never have understood the gut crowd with the stickers and patches.
If you had all the stickers and patches (and chest rigs/plate carriers, and other bits of high-speed "kit") you *would* get it. Because then you would be a badass.

Ever heard "the clothes make the man"?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: "So You Think You’re Leonidas With a Rifle"

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 pm

I have a molon labe sticker. Oh no this guy thinks because I didn't shoot 48 terrorists in another country I am not serious about my rights. I am not offended at his post as I am a supporter of individual freedoms but apparently this guy isn't because he thinks only the handful of actual soldiers that have killed someone (and believe me it is a small percentage) are deserving of such patches and are serious. Well I would like to to say I am an American and you don't get to decide who gets to wear or display anything. Step down off that soapbox and stare at my sticker in fear bitch for I am badass.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:33 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re:

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm

jackalo626 wrote:I have a molon labe sticker. Oh no this guy thinks because I didn't shoot 48 terrorists in another country I am not serious about my rights. I am not offended at his post as I am a supporter of individual freedoms but apparently this guy isn't because he thinks only the handful of actual soldiers that have killed someone (and believe me it is a small percentage) are deserving of such patches and are serious. Well I would like to to say I am an American and you don't get to decide who gets to wear or display anything. Step down off that soapbox and stare at my sticker in fear bitch for I am badass.

agreed.

You never know how some will react under extreme stress, combat or otherwise. That guy with the gut and molan labe morale patch might crumble or he might be the guy that makes an 80 yard handgun shot that saves a sheriff deputy pinned down by rifle fire.

I have worn Hello Kitty morale patches. It's a patch. It's garnish. it is a conversation starter and good for a laugh.

Sounds like the author is butt hurt. Don't judge a man by his clothes or his morale patch, but by his actions. I agree with him that a vast majority that are crying "Come and Take Them" will meekly hand them over when the time comes. Some of us may be on that list. judging who will and who won't ahead of time it pointless.

I know a feller who has, on occasion, worn a few morale patches. He gets a kick out of it and likes some of the funnier ones. He won't talk much about what he did in the military, but I assure you he ain't no 'wannabe' and he spent time in Afghanistan before it was 'cool'. If you looked at him you might think he is one of the folks that this guy is bitching about in his article.

So it goes both ways.

Lighten up.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:59 pm

^word. Note to self, only military will stand up to a tyrannical government which is made up of.....drumroll.......military lol. Oops I forgot people who have shot people in anger are the only other ones so we might as well just turn them in today and go cry like school girls.

GunningBadger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GunningBadger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:38 pm

I think these patches are an appropriate symbol of the ideas behind 2A solidarity. I feel that if you are doing something to prepare yourself for any eventualities (i.e. staying in shape, training with your weapons, learning all you can) rather than just sitting on the couch munching chips and ordering new pieces of gear you've got the right idea. (Don't get me wrong, I ocassionally will eat chips and online shop for gun parts. Get off me! :llama: ).

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371601846.901653.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371601846.901653.jpg (62.6 KiB) Viewed 990 times
I'm a lean mean fighting machine! Bitch betta recognize! haha

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:36 pm

I need me a McDonald's Morale Patch. Wonder if they have one with Grimace?
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:36 pm

That better be diet coke to go with those snickers :llama:

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Can't do diet! I'm a hardcore elite fighting machine and diet sodas have to many bad chemicals for a warrior like me. Nothing but the original for me. I'm a health nut all the way down to smoking cigs with no added chemicals! :llama: hahaha

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:50 pm

His whole "Opinion" dose nothing to help the cause of liberty and will only further erode the common ground we share.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Meh...
Kinda like saying if you've never been in the military you shouldn't wear camo.
Stupid opinion.

When did this become a fashion show?
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:31 pm

scorpionmain wrote:When did this become a fashion show?
I think that's his point.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Frailer wrote:
scorpionmain wrote:When did this become a fashion show?
I think that's his point.
Apparently he is the fashion show judge....I wonder of I'm allowed to wear green ever again since it might appear to be camouflage and I am not an army ranger?

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 pm

On the one hand, if you are the type who says "come and take them" and means it, you are probably already in a profession such as the military or law enforcement. But that's not the case 100% of the time. There are probably boatloads of people who don't wear their heart on their sleeve so to speak who would stand up and fight against tyranny. Probably more wouldn't than would though. I like the patches, because they promote the right state of mind that gun owners and patriots should be in.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 am

son of liberty wrote:His whole "Opinion" dose nothing to help the cause of liberty and will only further erode the common ground we share.
Agreed. Another fifth columnist, working to erode the will and solidarity of the average Joe. Pay no attention to that man behing the curtain......

Wouldn't it be nice if all of the "tin foil fools" of the world were wrong, and they really aren't out to get us?
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:49 am

As I understand it dosen't really matter what type or color your cover is or how many time you been receiving incomming the vast majority void down their pants leg and jump behind the humvee. Nothing unstudly about that at all. IMHO in a real shoot them up bang bang you will be surprised who will toe up and who will crawl up inside a fritz. Dude in that article is missing the point, dosen't matter if your wearing a pink toto or thank god on my last deployment they stopped me from killing everybody in the world t=shirt, if your punching it out beside me in a spider hole in a real fight that's a mute point to me. I would love to earn me one of them Rifleman patches that the Appleseed program issues and if anyone finds a cammo ball cap with a Hanna Montana logo on it let me know I would love to have one of them too. If you are a real live heavy hitting, gunslinger and you want to jerk my Hanna Montana ball cap off my head hope you got good dential insurance.

Harb

Post by Harb » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 pm

I can kinda see where he's coming from. Americans view guns mainly as luxury items, even though they've never used them in a fight for their own lives or the defense of the nation. We haven't been invaded since 1814. I guess he wants to see more people treating them as tools.

But let's be realistic, VERY few people will ever come close to achieving Special Forces standards, or those of any other high speed unit. Civilians don't make a living by fighting, but they fight to live. I think that's a good thing. It's not a job, it's the will to exert one's right of existence through the force force of arms.

When the day comes that we're declared enemies of the state, I'd rather be surrounded by allies who welcome me into the fight than to be turned away and have to fend for myself because I wasn't "qualified."

GPtuners
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Re:

Post by GPtuners » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:05 am

ChopperDoc wrote: I have worn Hello Kitty morale patches. It's a patch. It's garnish. it is a conversation starter and good for a laugh.
This.

I have a plate carrier that had some Velcro on the front. I wanted to stick something on the Velcro. "Hmm... Zombie Hunter looks funny." Done.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 am

ChopperDoc wrote:
I have worn Hello Kitty morale patches. It's a patch. It's garnish. it is a conversation starter and good for a laugh.
How about something like this

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:32 am

WLJ wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

yeah, I'd wear it. :D

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:01 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

It would match his Hello Kitty boxers !! :-)

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re:

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:25 am

dbh wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

How do you know what boxers he has on? :o :D

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:49 am

jackalo626 wrote:
dbh wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

How go you know what boxers he has on? :o :D
I am checking the house for cameras right now!

Return to “Everything Else”