RIP Jason Ellis - Bardstown PD

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

RIP Jason Ellis - Bardstown PD

Post by ssracer » Sat May 25, 2013 11:11 am

Fallen Bardstown police officer identified
By Laurel Mallory

BARDSTOWN, KY (WAVE) - K-9 Officer Jason Ellis, 33, was shot and killed on the ramp of Exit 34 from the Bluegrass Parkway to Highway 55 in Nelson County early Saturday morning.

The Bardstown Police Department Chief of Police released Ellis' name in a press conference.

A 911 call came in to police around 2:40 a.m. from a woman who saw his body on the ramp. She reported the scene as a fatal accident involving a police officer. When a trooper arrived, he found Ellis shot to death in the road.

Ellis did not have any radio communications with dispatch in the minutes before his death. He worked second shift, and was in uniform in a marked police car on his way home when the incident occurred.

Ellis was a seven year veteran with Bardstown Police. He leaves behind a wife and two young boys. He was active in the community as a youth baseball coach.

As the only K-9 officer of the 27 members of the Bardstown Police Department, he was also the first officer to ever be killed in the line of duty.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Re: RIP Jason Ellis - Bardstown PD

Post by Dave1965 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:53 am

Sorry to hear that, hope his dashcam caught something.

CESTILL345
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by CESTILL345 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:37 pm

R.I.P, it's always sad when a brother in uniform dies but to be gunned down by some shitball, it's even worst! May GOD be with his family and freinds in thei sad time!

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat May 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Prayers for him and his family, and I hope those responsible are brought swiftly to justice.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Sad thing. He was probably stopping to help someone and was likely ambushed. I hope the dash cam was running as well. I hate when I read these!
:llama:

RWillieK

Post by RWillieK » Sat May 25, 2013 2:17 pm

I went to high school with his wife, and possibly him....still looking for my year book. So sad for him and his family. I know he has a wife and two little girls.

busted leg
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by busted leg » Sat May 25, 2013 7:54 pm

courier journal story states he was driving a car without dash cam or audio,,,wasn't a known gangbanger leader recently arrested in bardstown??

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear and hope the worthless pos who done it gets justice served against them.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sat May 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Coroner says it appears he was ambushed, possibly by someone on a hill

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat May 25, 2013 8:39 pm

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – The first Bardstown police officer killed in the line of duty in the department's 150-year history was ambushed, possibly from a hilltop, according to the Jefferson County Coroner's Office.

The coroner said a 12-gauge shotgun was used to shoot K-9 Officer Jason Ellis multiple times early Saturday morning on an off-ramp leading from the Bluegrass Parkway to Highway 55 in Nelson County. Investigators said Ellis' service revolver was in its holster when he was found dead by a passerby just before 3 a.m. and that Ellis had no radio communications with dispatch in the minutes before his death.
More at the link
http://www.wave3.com/story/22424066/cor ... s-ambushed
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 pm

I haven't seen an officer carry a revolver in a long time.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat May 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Ambushed from a hilltop with a 12 ga.? Shot multiple times? With what, slugs? It would take a hell of a shot, much less multiple shots, to pull this off, sniper-style from any distance over 75 or so yds.

Don't get me wrong, I don't question that this poor man is dead, but what they are describing here borders on the fantastic, and definitely doesn't sound at all random, to me. If what they're saying is true, I would have to think that he was specifically targeted, and unlikely just because he was a LEO. Even a slug loses velocity rapidly at any distance.

This just doesn't compute
IN GOD WE TRUST

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Maybe they mean he came from a hill top

BladeRunner

Post by BladeRunner » Sun May 26, 2013 1:34 am

Wyldman wrote:Ambushed from a hilltop with a 12 ga.? Shot multiple times? With what, slugs? It would take a hell of a shot, much less multiple shots, to pull this off, sniper-style from any distance over 75 or so yds.

Don't get me wrong, I don't question that this poor man is dead, but what they are describing here borders on the fantastic, and definitely doesn't sound at all random, to me. If what they're saying is true, I would have to think that he was specifically targeted, and unlikely just because he was a LEO. Even a slug loses velocity rapidly at any distance.

This just doesn't compute

I'm thinking the shooter put something across the ramp or left a vehicle on the ramp to block it and fired from a position on top of one of the embankments on either side of the ramp when the Officer got out of his vehicle to check it out.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun May 26, 2013 10:30 am

Whoever did this, and for whatever possible insane "reason", this person needs to be caught, now.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Van Zan

Post by Van Zan » Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 am

it would have been hard to pull off unless the perp lived close by or had an accomplice. The get away car would have been easy to spot. scent dogs around the suspected shooter position might have been helpful,
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 am

Talked to a sheriff about it last night. He was in a backup car so it was not equipped with dash cams. They have a person of interest but cannot find the person.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon May 27, 2013 9:46 am

etownguy wrote:Talked to a sheriff about it last night. He was in a backup car so it was not equipped with dash cams. They have a person of interest but cannot find the person.
Being a cop usually results in there being more than one "person of interest", goes with territory.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 am

His vehicle didn't have a car cam because the car he was driving was a pool car. I hope they catch the person (s) responsible for this and hang em high. My prayers are with the family who lost a love one and Bardstown PD who lost a great Officer.
Kill em all and let God sort them out! <===== What a keyboard Commando like me would say. Mostly because I am frustrated with my lack of success with life.

I WILL USE THIS RADIO IF I HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!!!1

IM A REAL MAN!

Return to “Everything Else”