pesticide for ticks!?!

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

pesticide for ticks!?!

Post by etownguy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:59 pm

So I got my new scope for the 15-22 and tried to go out into the woods at my lil range to sight it in. By the time I got out there I wiped 8-9 ticks off my legs as I sat at the table they kept crawling up my shoes onto my legs in hoards. I would guess by the time I got out and got myself cleaned up I probably took 40 ticks off me :shock: , luckily none of them bit in...

Has anyone used a pesticide meant for ticks to spray in the yard or where ever? I have a 20 gallon sprayer for the 4-wheeler that I can use to spray the path and all off shoots so I would want something in a concentrated format. Generally just looking for something that is known to work well.

I like my hiding hole in the woods but if the tick issue doesn't get better I will not be going back there anymore this year.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: pesticide for ticks!?!

Post by nemo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Trying to control ticks in wooded setting is near impossible, better try and just keep them off of you. I use Adams flea and tick spray and douse me clothing before I leave.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Ironsights
Been liked: 0

Post by Ironsights » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Duranon. used it exclusively when i used to hunt in areas where the very tiny ticks would get on you by the hundreds. good stuff, do not spray it on your skin and it will last up to two weeks on hunting clothing if they are not washed

ThatKyGuy

Post by ThatKyGuy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Great stuff. Can either spray on cloths and let dry or soak them in it and stays on for about 6 washes.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 am

Go to PetSmart & get a bunch of Advantage. It works on dogs, why not on you, too?
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

GreyGoose
KAC Member
KAC Member

pesticide for ticks!?!

Post by GreyGoose » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Wyldman wrote:Go to PetSmart & get a bunch of Advantage. It works on dogs, why not on you, too?
It sounds crazy but I often buy flea and tick collars and put them on around my boots works like a charm. I'm like a giant tick magnet. So I've tried alot of different products. This has been the easiest and most effective.

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:01 pm

I use frontline on my dogs, it stays in the oil on their fur for like a month....i hope you dont have oily fur, haha. It takes a day or longer to kill a tick, unless you want to leave them on you for a day and then pull dead ticks off i wouldnt use it

Return to “Everything Else”