Consealable body armor?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Consealable body armor?

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:35 pm

My girlfriend is a paramedic. Im looking to get her a level III3 vest. Where should i look? Any "off brands" i should stay away from...?

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Consealable body armor?

Post by justang1997 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Level 3 stops rifle rounds. Like with plates. That's probably too much vest. If I were riding around with an ambulance at my disposal, id risk it and wear a small 2a vest that isn't full wrap around coverage. I'd want my shoulders and neck with full range of movement for cpr and stuff.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:24 pm

On pieces of gear deemed critical to life, I recommend seeking out the advice of true experts. If armor is truly worth buying, it's worth buying the RIGHT armor.

When I want to know about armor performance or terminal ballistics I find out what Dr. Gary Roberts has to say.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Rext
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rext » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Just got an email from these guys today. They can help.
tamiamiarmor.com
Kentucky Firearms
Kentucky's class three dealer
..When you just want to shhhoot!

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:10 pm

I've worn vests by both Second Chance and Point Blank; both were reasonably comfortable, but since nobody shot me while wearing either, I honestly can't comment on which might be better, nor do I recall if they were II or IIIA.

To be completely honest, "reasonably comfortable" wouldn't be comfortable enough for me to wear everyday as a paramedic. If I were a cop I'd learn to live with it; otherwise, the risk wouldn't justify the discomfort for me.

Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Something she can throw on right before a run is what she wants. She watched a patient at a hospital cut the security guys throat and go after others. One of her co workers tackle the guy and unarmed him. The same day i posted this she was helping a unresponsive female. After the woman was in there truck a car pulls up. Few guys get out beating on the ambulance wanting the female. They were blocked in and couldn't drive off. PD showed up...but she said it felt like forever. If a vest gives her piece of mind i want her to find one she will like. Expired is good too.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ProCroation » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:33 am

Frailer wrote: but since nobody shot me while wearing either.
Despite the seriousness of this thread, for some reason this made me laugh a little
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Shineybore » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:33 am

https://uspalm.com/product-category/defenders/

Check into these, soft panels. I've watched some reviews on YouTube and they seem pretty effective.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:56 am

US Palm is great stuff. Check out AR500armor.com if you are on a tight budget.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Pitbullcrazyinky wrote:Something she can throw on right before a run is what she wants. She watched a patient at a hospital cut the security guys throat and go after others. One of her co workers tackle the guy and unarmed him. The same day i posted this she was helping a unresponsive female. After the woman was in there truck a car pulls up. Few guys get out beating on the ambulance wanting the female. They were blocked in and couldn't drive off. PD showed up...but she said it felt like forever. If a vest gives her piece of mind i want her to find one she will like. Expired is good too.
I saw the word "concealable" in the thread title and assumed you were looking for something to be worn under clothing.

I assume she'll have little time to prepare before going on her run (at least I hope she wouldn't, especially if I'm the guy she's coming to get), so grabbing the vest, finding a place to change, undressing and redressing might not be practical.

There are "vests" that don't look like body armor that are worn as outerwear, but I'm clueless about those.

I understand what you say about a vest making her feel better, but feeling safe and being safe aren't the same thing b

Return to “Everything Else”