Phone geeks- any Windows phone users?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:58 pm

I have an iphone 4, previously had an iphone 3 a while back so total time on any smartphone is about 2 years total. I'm with AT&T.
I simply need a bigger screen...I need to be able to see and reply to emails. iphone 6 size screen at least.

I can get a Samsung Galaxy Alpha (android) or a Nokia 830 waaaaay cheaper than an iphone 6.

I know lots of people using the hundreds of galaxy versions-

Does anyone have experience with a Windows phone?

1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Phone geeks- any Windows phone users?

Post by 1fastmach1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:52 pm

kokopelli wrote:I have an iphone 4, previously had an iphone 3 a while back so total time on any smartphone is about 2 years total. I'm with AT&T.
I simply need a bigger screen...I need to be able to see and reply to emails. iphone 6 size screen at least.

I can get a Samsung Galaxy Alpha (android) or a Nokia 830 waaaaay cheaper than an iphone 6.

I know lots of people using the hundreds of galaxy versions-

Does anyone have experience with a Windows phone?
Not a lot of experience with windows phones but I do have a iPhone 6+ and I love it. The size is great. I can actually watch movies on it and not hate it. I've been an iPhone user since the edge iPhone (1st gen). Couldn't be happier.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:34 pm

2 people in my office got windows phones on the advice of our computer technician. They both switched from androids I think. Both hate the windows phone with a passion. So no personal experience here but the only 2 people I know with them are more than dissatisfied.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 pm

I am a Galaxy S5 user and love it. It's my third android.

Guy at work started years ago with an iphone. When it died after hard use he switched to an android because he liked mine. He loved it. He carries 2 phones, one for work and one personal. Due to price, he bought a windows phone for the personal one - and he says he likes it better than the android.

Have I said I love my android?

YMMV
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:08 pm

I chat and deal with a few folks at school that have Windows phones. It really matters on what you will be doing with it. More work than goofing around, need to pull up that word doc or spreadsheet, windows will outperform the iPhone. Now there isn't as many apps on the Windows platform as iPhone, but it's growing. I have seen them do some amazing things in the classroom with them. Operating system of windows 8.1, and windows 10 right around the corner. I plan on switching over from my iPhone 5s to a Windows once this contract is over.
Now, I don't want to sound like an Apple hater, the platform has many advantages. Ease of use, multitude of "pay" apps. Also they have good CS. I'm just tired of not being able to fully integrate my studying and work on a streamlined platform that truly supports each other. I have noticed that business runs on windows and the ones that have Apple runs windows.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Samsung Galaxy Note 4, way more phone than iPhone 6+, way cheaper. With the 64gb phone + a 64gb SD card, I've gobs of space, + a really fast quad processor chip and a gorgeous super-amoled display that I can read easily, w/o my glasses. Videos (standard or HD) are fantastic, too!

Don't have Office apps, but the ones it comes with are all compatible with office file formats, & with a wireless HP printer, I can print any kind of document from afar.

I like it!
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:41 am

I busted my blackberry q10 and went to a cheap windows phone. Nokia 635. The camera sucks on this one but its the cheapest windows phone at $100.
The Cortana assistant is awesome. The voice recognition is excellent. I can tell Cortana to remind me to get milk when I'm near any store on the way home and it works perfect. Or i can say "next time I'm at home depot remind me to get hinges for the door"and it works like a charm. My favorite is to remind me to tell a friend somethin the next time they call me.
Nokia music app is nice. And Cortana can tell you what song is playing in the background.
I don't play a lot of games on phones but windows has enough for me.
I have found that sometimes I need to restart the phone after serious amounts of browsing the web.
The tapatalk app sucks balls.
Pdf's and word docs and excell are easy to use.
Netflix app is nice.
The only cons with this particular phone is I cant view pics I've just taken without exiting camera and going to viewer. And no flash. Also I'm not able to create folders on the phone. I have to hook up to computer to do that.
If i had an Xbox live acct i could do more with the phone but i dont.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:43 am

Ups allows us to use iPhones now. I'm able to manage any type of file format including power point, word and excel. I can also view pdf files as well. Not sure about editing though. Depends on the pdf file in question. iPhones can manage any office document out there.

Return to “Everything Else”