Open Range is getting ridiculous

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Open Range is getting ridiculous

Post by kokopelli » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm

been there once, will never be back. I was trying out a Colt Officers I had refinished- while shooting I remember the range guy being behind me and moving around quite a bit...when I finished shooting the 50 rounds I brought, I looked back and ALL my brass was gone! Dick head had collected all of my .45 brass. The guys in the bay to the left of me, who were the only other ones in the room, were shooting .22 and .380 I think, but none of their brass was gone- I guess dick head reloads .45 himself.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Ian » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 pm

I would have asked for it back lol
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Ian wrote:I would have asked for it back lol
Same.

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 am

Open Range can kiss my $%6! I want do any business with them with their high prices. Kinda remind me of Cheaper than dirt prices for their Pmags....
Last edited by SAMPLE- BANNED on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kill em all and let God sort them out! <===== What a keyboard Commando like me would say. Mostly because I am frustrated with my lack of success with life.

I WILL USE THIS RADIO IF I HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!!!1

IM A REAL MAN!

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:17 am

kokopelli wrote:been there once, will never be back. I was trying out a Colt Officers I had refinished- while shooting I remember the range guy being behind me and moving around quite a bit...when I finished shooting the 50 rounds I brought, I looked back and ALL my brass was gone! Dick head had collected all of my .45 brass. The guys in the bay to the left of me, who were the only other ones in the room, were shooting .22 and .380 I think, but none of their brass was gone- I guess dick head reloads .45 himself.
isn't that stealing! I would have kicked his ass and took my shit back from him. Screw that place after hearing this, I want be going back..
Kill em all and let God sort them out! <===== What a keyboard Commando like me would say. Mostly because I am frustrated with my lack of success with life.

IM A REAL MAN!

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm

i had a guy at KCR pick all my 5.56 brass while i was shooting once and i walked over and told him thank you as i took it off his table.
Hard Core Wild Banshee Style!!!!!

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:10 pm

burn360 wrote:i had a guy at KCR pick all my 5.56 brass while i was shooting once and i walked over and told him thank you as i took it off his table.
I would have done the same thing! What ever happen to asking if they going to keep their brass. I guess that is a lost art.....

IM A REAL MAN!

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:32 pm

SAMPLE wrote:
burn360 wrote:i had a guy at KCR pick all my 5.56 brass while i was shooting once and i walked over and told him thank you as i took it off his table.
I would have done the same thing! What ever happen to asking if they going to keep their brass. I guess that is a lost art.....

Open Ranges policy is to keep the ranges swept and spotless at all times. If you want to keep your brass you must tell them.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 pm

KYgundude wrote:
SAMPLE wrote:

Open Ranges policy is to keep the ranges swept and spotless at all times. If you want to keep your brass you must tell them.
Regardless of their policies, they should know better judgment then to sweep in close vicinity to someone. Even at our shoots I will glance back if I see a lot of movement out of my peripherals. It can't be that hard to wait till said persons time is up and sweep the lane after they have packed and gone.

Only exception would be say, someone goes in and runs 500 rounds through something. The spaces are small and no one wants to slip on all that brass. Other then that, fucking wait.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Keeping the range clean is one thing but to have someone like a range officer picking up brass as someone is shooting is a different story according to niceguyr6. I have in fact shot at Open Range several times and they don't clean the range as you shoot. What that Range Officer did could be consider theft. There is no way around this, it's theft and they should change their policy according. It's bad when an 11 year old kid can't shoot his own ammo that he work hard for there. Give me a fucking break! Over price range....
Last edited by SAMPLE- BANNED on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IM A REAL MAN!

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 pm

SAMPLE wrote:Keeping the range clean is one thing but to have someone like a range officer picking up brass as someone is shooting is a different story according to the person who started this thread. I have in fact shot at Open Range several times and they don't clean the range as you shoot. What that Range Officer did could be consider theft. There is no way around this according to what was described.
Yeah. Don't go there.

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 pm

KYgundude wrote:
SAMPLE wrote:Keeping the range clean is one thing but to have someone like a range officer picking up brass as someone is shooting is a different story according to the person who started this thread. I have in fact shot at Open Range several times and they don't clean the range as you shoot. What that Range Officer did could be consider theft. There is no way around this according to what was described.
Yeah. Don't go there.
I won't!

IM A REAL MAN!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 pm

[quote="SAMPLE"]Keeping the range clean is one thing but to have someone like a range officer picking up brass as someone is shooting is a different story according to niceguyr6.
No problems with Open Range with me. I enjoy shooting there on occasion. It's a SUPER nice place and I have been treated fairly thus far. If ever I had a personal experience like the ones on here (I totally trust the words of a few of the folks on here that have horror stories from Open Range) and the many others I've heard elsewhere I would never go back. I'm good with them for now until they give me a reason not to be...

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 pm

niceguyr6 wrote:
SAMPLE wrote:Keeping the range clean is one thing but to have someone like a range officer picking up brass as someone is shooting is a different story according to niceguyr6.
No problems with Open Range with me. I enjoy shooting there on occasion. It's a SUPER nice place and I have been treated fairly thus far. If ever I had a personal experience like the ones on here (I totally trust the words of a few of the folks on here that have horror stories from Open Range) and the many others I've heard elsewhere I would never go back. I'm good with them for now until they give me a reason not to be...
My apology goes out to niceguy6r-I misquoted him in fact I meant to quote kokopelli...

IM A REAL MAN!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 pm

No problem at all. Who knows? It could just be a matter if time...haha I heard all the Knob Creek horror stories and never had a problem until one trip that was absolutely bad enough that I will probably never go there again...

fromkentucky

Post by fromkentucky » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 am

FWIW, I emailed the link to this thread to Open Range directly, saying they may need to sit down with their staff and review their rules and policies because this isn't the first time I've seen such complaints on local forums. I got a response from a Brendan Montgomery thanking me and asking to forward any more such complaints to him. I figure, even if they don't decide to change anything, it's more effective than just talking about it here.
"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right's existence is all the reason he needs."

-U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:50 am

Good, I'm glad they listened to and responded to you, it's more than they did for me when I tried to talk to them about this and other issues in the past.
Last edited by Wyldman on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

jimbob2383

Post by jimbob2383 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I am not an employee but I am a member of Open Range. In response to the opening thread, I believe this doesn't add up. 1st of all the range officers do not know whether you bought the ammo or not. The person at the counter doesn't care if you bring ammo unless you rent a gun. Your neighbor obviously rented a gun as in this shortage all ranges would rather you bring ammo so they can keep theirs for rentals. They obviously never made it into the range. The ammo in their bag would not have been known to them unless they rented a gun and said I don't need ammo.

They also allow steel case ammo on the pistol range. Furthermore, they allow you to collect your casings. But I would tell them if you are because they are trying to avoid slips with loaded weapons. I for one do not want anyone skating on casings with semi and or automatic weapons when an officer can collect them from your area.

Open Range caters to newbies and upper scale shooters who are willing to travel to avoid dark non-automated ranges. My daughters feel safe there and receive tips from the officers and follow their seemingly long list of rules.

My purchases there have been limited to ammo and used range guns at a fair price. Their other items are high priced (benchmade knives for example) until they run a sale.

If you have a bone to pick with them it is best to not darken their doorways but the fact stands that Open Range is the best maintained, state of the art facility in this region. As for me and my daughters we will continue to support them and enjoy the leagues and programmable targets until my first hand experiences change.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Whatever, I have said my piece here when trying to say it to them failed. Defend them if you chose, it's your priviledge.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm

jimbob2383 wrote:I am not an employee but I am a member of Open Range. In response to the opening thread, I believe this doesn't add up. 1st of all the range officers do not know whether you bought the ammo or not. The person at the counter doesn't care if you bring ammo unless you rent a gun. Your neighbor obviously rented a gun as in this shortage all ranges would rather you bring ammo so they can keep theirs for rentals. They obviously never made it into the range. The ammo in their bag would not have been known to them unless they rented a gun and said I don't need ammo.

They also allow steel case ammo on the pistol range. Furthermore, they allow you to collect your casings. But I would tell them if you are because they are trying to avoid slips with loaded weapons. I for one do not want anyone skating on casings with semi and or automatic weapons when an officer can collect them from your area.

Open Range caters to newbies and upper scale shooters who are willing to travel to avoid dark non-automated ranges. My daughters feel safe there and receive tips from the officers and follow their seemingly long list of rules.

My purchases there have been limited to ammo and used range guns at a fair price. Their other items are high priced (benchmade knives for example) until they run a sale.

If you have a bone to pick with them it is best to not darken their doorways but the fact stands that Open Range is the best maintained, state of the art facility in this region. As for me and my daughters we will continue to support them and enjoy the leagues and programmable targets until my first hand experiences change.
Good for you
Sorry but your story and the other stories don 't add up.

Ahh a member has paid to be there so they must be treated differently than non members.

And I have shot in every range in Louisville except Open Range and I have never seen brass collection with a gun in hand.

Sent Cranky Style from IPhone via Tapatalk
A gun smith
502-231-1118

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Coach wrote:Good god we spend alot of time dogging the local ranges.

Last few years it was KCR, then we dogged TG&G for the competition shoots, and now Open Range.

I see only one solution: KAC range.
AMEN COACH!!!!! The FF need to make this happen! I can all but guarentee it would be a successful business venture!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 pm

O and preferrably closer to Louisville than New Haven or KCR.

drifter0069
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by drifter0069 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 pm

I believe the story from a long time trusted member on this board before I would believe an explanation from a "non-employee" with 1 post. Kinda odd it's posted right after the link is sent to the range.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Coach wrote:Good god we spend alot of time dogging the local ranges.

Last few years it was KCR, then we dogged TG&G for the competition shoots, and now Open Range.

I see only one solution: KAC range.
KCR
Has rules to limit the gangsta mentality

TG&G just made a business decision that was not like by myself and others
Never had a problem with thier rules or any issues shooting there.

Open Range has issues from day one.
First with the owners demeaned that the shooting public support his buisness because of the 2nd admentment.
Then the brass hits the floor and it is ours , to the speed of shooting , to the seemingly preference given to members there.
Which gives you a "discount" but you still pay more than TG&G.

Sent Cranky Style from IPhone via Tapatalk
A gun smith
502-231-1118

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:09 pm

drifter0069 wrote:I believe the story from a long time trusted member on this board before I would believe an explanation from a "non-employee" with 1 post. Kinda odd it's posted right after the link is sent to the range.
I'm a long time member of this forum and a former member of OpenRange and you folks disagree with me so that means little to me on his post count. I believe what wyld said is completely accurate. I just said it's not policy. Someone at the range f'd up and owed his friend an apology and it sounds like they handled it poorly at that. Not going to defend them for that screw up. As for the first time poster he is pretty accurate except for the steel ammo casings. They recently changed the rules to allow steel in wheel guns only because that ammo never hits the floor. Still can't shoot it out of autos as of this past Saturday when I was there.

Sent via Tapatalk on a tiny screened cell phone so piss off if you don't like my typos

Return to “Everything Else”