I have officially been given the go ahead to buy a new AR...

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

I have officially been given the go ahead to buy a new AR...

Post by CCRBUM » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm

AFTER tax returns... lol.. well it's a start! Talked with the wife and she has agreed to allow the purchase of an AR and a case of ammo. The plan is to start really stepping up teaching her how to shoot and be comfortable with our current firearms as well as have something to take larger game with... as much of a HUGE ak fan as I am (don't hate me wash)... I'm going with the AR because I know my wife will have an easier time getting use to the sights on it and dealing with the not-so-there recoil of the ar. Also we are going to start purchasing water purification tablets and non-parishable foods. Watching the aftermath in New York had caused me to refocus on making sure my family can survive after a major natural disaster.

Looksdeadtome

Re: I have officially been given the go ahead to buy a new A

Post by Looksdeadtome » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 pm

I have always tried to be ready for stuff like that. Learned my lesson in 93 with ice storm. We survived, I'm not a total dumb country boy. Although I was 18 at the time and I don't think being prepared to take care of a wife and 2 yr old is on a lot of 18 year old mind it changed my outlook on life. We were 2 weeks no power and couldn't get out of the house, I live in a swamp 20 miles from the closest town. Glad you and your wife are looking ahead. It took my wife awhile to get on board but she is now no doubt. Always telling to me to get this and get that.

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm

yeah my wife has always been pretty supportive when I talk about stuff like this but this is the first time she's really said "yes, spend the money for this stuff" and not "one day we can do that".

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:43 pm

cool man...gonna have to set up some range time and go shooting
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 pm

mtchbrian wrote:cool man...gonna have to set up some range time and go shooting

indeed!

Return to “Everything Else”