Obama To Cut Healthcare Benefits For Military

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nolan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 am

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Obama To Cut Healthcare Benefits For Military

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:36 am

I am old I guess. I remember when a soldier and his family got healthcare nearly free of charge on the base. Then they started saving money by cutting healthcare facilities on bases and paying for insurance for most family members, then you started having to pitch in for family members.

Not much incentive to enlist when the private sector is doing well, but right now I can see where enlisting is still a viable option for some folks.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 am

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am

As long as people who refuse to work and rob the system have health care it is all good--would not want to spend money on military health care for our brave men and woman serving our country--obamma phones for everyone!!!

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 am

Nolan wrote:As long as people who refuse to work and rob the system have health care it is all good--would not want to spend money on military health care for our brave men and woman serving our country--obamma phones for everyone!!!
When re-enlistment becomes a problem as no one can afford to be apart of the military anymore he will use it as a new skid to push his bullshit.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 am

Ian wrote:
Nolan wrote:As long as people who refuse to work and rob the system have health care it is all good--would not want to spend money on military health care for our brave men and woman serving our country--obamma phones for everyone!!!
When re-enlistment becomes a problem as no one can afford to be apart of the military anymore he will use it as a new skid to push his bullshit.
word--health care is one of the big draws to stay in the military

LCPL_NBREW

Post by LCPL_NBREW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 pm

I'm a little ole E-3 with 2 1/2 years in. while I've been in I broke my arm/ did nerve damage and have had to get surgery to fix the problem and I'm very thankfully Tricare covered the surgery and physical therapy but know I guess if I get injured in training Ill pay out of pocket with what little pay I do get
FOR OUR SINS

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Active duty soldiers do not pay for TRICARE for themselves do they? I thought it was only fro dependents Health / dental coverage?
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

LCPL_NBREW

Post by LCPL_NBREW » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm

No I don't pay for Tricare im sure it comes out of my pay somewhere but im just saying with the way things are going its going to end up that we have to pay
FOR OUR SINS

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:47 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:Active duty soldiers do not pay for TRICARE for themselves do they? I thought it was only fro dependents Health / dental coverage?
Reserve programs are different and a small co pay is made in some cases. It's not free healthcare, its severely reduced healthcare.

http://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/ ... anges.aspx

Notice the bottom statement...

Pharmacies at military hospitals and clinics will continue to provide medications with no copays. Visit http://www.TRICARE.mil/pharmacycosts for more details.

As far as active duty, no you wont pay in most cases, unless you are found at fault. Such as you get into a motorcycle accident and you dont have a license and half the safety gear on.

And another instance, if you are overseas and in Korea, but NOT command sponsored and bring your wife. You MUST pay all medical related expenses for her, that also means the delivery of a baby.

If you follow the guidance of the regulations put in place, all is well. Regulations are there for a reason, you are a Soldier, follow em.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 am

Tapatalk screwup

Return to “Veteran Affairs”