Band of Brothers - The Poster Project funds "GallantFew"

All things related to the veterans of our Armed Forces. Thank you for your service!
Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Band of Brothers - The Poster Project funds "GallantFew"

Post by Kadnine » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:12 am

I'm jumping on this this. I want that poster.
In 2001 Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks told the true story of how the men of Easy Company helped save the world in the HBO miniseries, Band of Brothers. Now veterans of Easy Company, the actors that portrayed them, Spielberg and Hanks have teamed up for one more fight to help the latest generation of American heroes by signing a one of a kind copy of the Band of Brothers theatrical poster. Beginning June 6th, it will be auctioned on eBay and all proceeds will go to GallantFew.
Bidding for the signed poster starts on e-Bay in 48 hours. I'm sure to be outbid. but I plan to donate my bid amount to GallantFew anyway. They look to be a class operation. Should you feel the same? Consider it.

(I can't believe this YouTube promotional vid only has 900 views! Spread the word?)

[youtube]fqO2ver-VfQ[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/user/PosterProject?feature=watch (YouTube channel with 9 vids)
http://posterproject.us/ (main site with e-Bay link)
http://www.gallantfew.org/ (donation page)

- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Band of Brothers - The Poster Project funds "GallantFew"

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:48 am

Yeah, I would say it's going to be out of my price range in 0.00034 seconds. Give or take 0.0002 seconds or so.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Will be out of my range pretty quick, but would be fun to bid just to be part of it. Will make a donation directly, regardless.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Kadnine » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:07 am

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnndd.... I'v'e been outbid. Current bid as of right now is $3250.

Looks like I'll just be straight throwing some minor cash toward Gallant Few. No poster for me. We Kadnines aren't exactly poor? But we ain't exactly rich neither. ;) Bidding closes in 8 days, 9 hrs for anyone more well-heeled than I.

And DO consider a separate donation to GF. They help vets leaving the service find work, education, and if needed, help with the stress of prior service for an easier transition to civilian life. Basically all the stuff former vets had to figure out on their own and without such a support system. Their ultimate goal is to reduce if not outright *END* the suicide rate of returning veterans. They do good work.... AND yer contribution is tax deductible!

- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

Return to “Veteran Affairs”