Good 9MM powder

For all your cast boo-lit needs.
ThatKyGuy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Good 9MM powder

Post by ThatKyGuy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:23 pm

I am looking to get better groups with my 9 and was wondering what is a good powder for it. I like using around 124-5 grain bullet, I use unique now to load 9 and 40 but am not worried about if it works good for both, mainly want the groups for the 9.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Good 9MM powder

Post by Dustin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:46 pm

I like Titegroup for all my pistol loads. But you have to be careful with it. Its every easy to double charge a load.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Bullseye & Unique are both great general pistol powders. The powder you use will not have as much effect on accuracy & consistancy as tuning your load to your specific pistol. They are all unique & that fantastic load for your Hi-Power may not group worth a damn in your Glock.

Work up a ladder loading for each specific pistol (btw, this also applies to rifles, too!) and see what load that particular pistol likes the best. Harmonics differ from pistol to pistol, even among pistols of the same type & manufacturer. By getting the combination of powder weight, primer, & bullet type, you can tune your load to any specific weapon.

That is not to say that other specific powders may not be better, but I always start with Bullseye or Unique for pistol loads, and rarely can do better with other powders, given proper work up procedures.

My .02 worth, YMMV. I'm certain there are those who will argue, but I rely on 32 years of my own experience when I talk of such things. Am I the world's leading expert? Hell no, but I generally do know what I am talking about.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ThatKyGuy

Post by ThatKyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks a bunch guys

Return to “Reloading”