James Yeager on Youtube

Like to live in the wilds, or just camp? This is the board for you. All things survival and bushcraft related here.
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by justang1997 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:02 am

What's yalls thoughts on this guy. I understand he has some harsh critics out there and questionable actions under fire as a contractor in Iraq and may or may not have got some guys killed.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 am

He can shoot and uses the gear he talks about but he is a huge douche with his attitude and there are hundreds of guys better anyway. I don't think he is a couch commando but he builds himself up for sure and thinks his shit don't stink but most of the Internet (which are usually couch commandos for sure) hates him and makes fun of him all the time.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by justang1997 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 am

Yeah. I first watched his "1911's suck" video. That's how I heard about him. Attitude for sure but he makes some good points in some videos. Learned some cool stuff from some also. Most recently his fuel storage video. Saw this being used : http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ZORJ1E

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: James Yeager on Youtube

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:37 am

I have a client ( that everybody calls a douchebag) that has been to several of his classes and thinks he is the shizzel.
I think Yager knows some stuff but is high reguarded in his own mind which makes him a douchebag.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by justang1997 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 am

I like that he is so cocky and speaks his mind right or wrong he sticks by his opinions on things no matter how controversial. Like having one of his instructors filming students from in front of the firing line. He got so much flack and still made a response video and stuck to his guns. I think its a stupid risk and he was totally wrong and should have just used a tripod. Seeing him view that as an acceptable risk makes me never want to be on a range with him however I think he has some valuable knowledge that he gives away for free on youtube.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 am

He turns out good shooters regularly, and though I might not agree with everything his teaches, there is more then one way to skin a cat. I shoot with a few folks who are regulars at his school and they are top notch shooters in nearly everyway.

I saw the internet talk about his actions, the AAR IMO tell a story of someone doing just what they had planned to do in the situation he was in. None the less im not going to listen to internet bad asses who claim they would have done this or that and saved everyone.

I like his attitude, if you wana play my little ponies and have someone that dosent hurt your sensative emotional feeling then get a gay ass life coach.

You drive and ill go down there anytime :mrgreen:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 am

son of liberty wrote:He turns out good shooters regularly, and though I might not agree with everything his teaches, there is more then one way to skin a cat. I shoot with a few folks who are regulars at his school and they are top notch shooters in nearly everyway.

I saw the internet talk about his actions, the AAR IMO tell a story of someone doing just what they had planned to do in the situation he was in. None the less im not going to listen to internet bad asses who claim they would have done this or that and saved everyone.

I like his attitude, if you wana play my little ponies and have someone that dosent hurt your sensative emotional feeling then get a gay ass life coach.

You drive and ill go down there anytime :mrgreen:
Haha your posts are so colorful :llama: same theory as I have is be can teach and has done stuff in his life but he always seems to be a condescending dick. Would rather learn from a jerk that knows something than a humble know nothing for sure.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by justang1997 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 am

I was contemplating a class but idk. I like what I see and hear on youtube but he has more than his fair share of haters. And seeing as this will be the first time I pay for my own training I want to make sure I don't waste my money. I didn't like seeing one of his instructors next to a target being shot at.
Fighting pistol is 2 days, 1000 rounds and a tank of gas to get there. Oh and $450.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am

justang1997 wrote:I was contemplating a class but idk. I like what I see and hear on youtube but he has more than his fair share of haters. And seeing as this will be the first time I pay for my own training I want to make sure I don't waste my money. I didn't like seeing one of his instructors next to a target being shot at.
Fighting pistol is 2 days, 1000 rounds and a tank of gas to get there. Oh and $450.
RWI is a hell of a lot closer and cheaper at that. Ask some of their students what they think.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 pm

My opinion on him is basically the same as others. Not a useless individual, but not the kind of person I would enjoy being around in the slightest.

When it comes to instructors, there are much better options out there. I wouldn't dream of giving Yeager $450.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Ok good idea, when can you start?? :llama:

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

I play my little ponies with ya but im not going to be your best option for a life coach.....lol

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 pm

justang1997 wrote:I was contemplating a class but idk. I like what I see and hear on youtube but he has more than his fair share of haters. And seeing as this will be the first time I pay for my own training I want to make sure I don't waste my money. I didn't like seeing one of his instructors next to a target being shot at.

Check out frank Proctor, he has a 2 day way of the gun class in may . I have heard some good things about his classes.
http://wayofthegun.us/

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

James Yeager on Youtube

Post by justang1997 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks. Here is the course info:

03-04 May Russell Springs, KY

Performance Carbine and Pistol with night sessions

This course can be taken as both days or just one.

Day 1 Performance Carbine with night session MORE INFO

Day 2 Performance Pistol with night session MORE INFO

Cost: $250 per day

Course size:15

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Buccman37 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 am

if I was 15 and played call of duty all the time I would think he is cool

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 am

Hahahahahaha truth!

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:30 am

I don't know a lot about him, but I agree that having a photographer between the targets is unacceptable. There is just no justification for that, despite what he says. So for him to stand his ground on that and still do it from what I read, I think I will pass. If that is an acceptable risk, I cannot imagine some of the other things that go on during range time. We are not talking about 360 degree shoot houses with a training goal and necessary risk. This is a guy sitting between targets with novice shooters on a pistol range he is trying to justify.

I would not care if he was Duke Nukem incarnate, I would not take classes from his company based on that unacceptable safety mindset alone.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

GlockRacer

Post by GlockRacer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 am

I like Yeager, seems like a good guy to me.

"Where did you hear that?"
"On the internet"
"Do you believe everything you see on the internet?"
"They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true"

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Buccman37 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 pm

I really don't know why people hold these "contractors" aka mercs in such high regard. I pretty much did the same thing he did in Iraq, but i wore a real uniform. I did PSD for the Brigade SGT. Major in Baghdad my first deployment in case anyone asks.......Nothing close to the fantasy stories that people are feed all the time from the likes of that yeager dumb ass.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Buccman37 wrote:I really don't know why people hold these "contractors" aka mercs in such high regard. I pretty much did the same thing he did in Iraq, but i wore a real uniform. I did PSD for the Brigade SGT. Major in Baghdad my first deployment in case anyone asks.......Nothing close to the fantasy stories that people are feed all the time from the likes of that yeager dumb ass.
If we were to present our Military to the Militia of the Revolution I wonder if they would also look down on them for being paid while they fight? Many who died for the cause of Liberty not only lost there life but left there family destitute. Issac Davis Left his wife Hanna on April 19 1775 to defend a town that was not even his own, as he walked from the door leaving his sick children and wife he turned and said, "Take good care of the children" he would be dead come night fall. As to the real uniform, no militia were in uniform yet there patriotism is unquestionable. They came not by a Generals order and they faced no discipline if they left.

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Buccman37 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 pm

son of liberty wrote:
Buccman37 wrote:I really don't know why people hold these "contractors" aka mercs in such high regard. I pretty much did the same thing he did in Iraq, but i wore a real uniform. I did PSD for the Brigade SGT. Major in Baghdad my first deployment in case anyone asks.......Nothing close to the fantasy stories that people are feed all the time from the likes of that yeager dumb ass.
If we were to present our Military to the Militia of the Revolution I wonder if they would also look down on them for being paid while they fight? Many who died for the cause of Liberty not only lost there life but left there family destitute. Issac Davis Left his wife Hanna on April 19 1775 to defend a town that was not even his own, as he walked from the door leaving his sick children and wife he turned and said, "Take good care of the children" he would be dead come night fall. As to the real uniform, no militia were in uniform yet there patriotism is unquestionable. They came not by a Generals order and they faced no discipline if they left.
I do not see where this guy was fighting for his country.....only to make his wallet fatter

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Buccman37 wrote:
son of liberty wrote:
I do not see where this guy was fighting for his country.....only to make his wallet fatter
Read it a few more times.

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Buccman37 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Read it a few more times.[/quote]

I did and still I don't see what this has to do with the argument.

Some people like this guy and it clearly shows that I do not.

But hey if you went to one of his classes that fine, I hope you learn something that's good or bad.
It's your money and its your time.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm

My comments had nothing to do with James Yeager.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Buccman37 wrote:Some people like this guy and it clearly shows that I do not.

But hey if you went to one of his classes that fine, I hope you learn something that's good or bad.
It's your money and its your time.
We agree there, definitely.

Return to “Survival/Bushcraft”