Baby Bearded Dragons.....$25

Snakes, mowers, baseball cards, random stuff you want to offer up for sale or trade.... Put it here.
Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am

Going to need some new homes for these. Great pet lizards, if you are not familiar just google them and you will see. These are actually 50% "Sandfire" Bearded Dragons, which is a simple color morph that has more bright oranges. $25 each in Louisville.
:llama:

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: Baby Bearded Dragons.....$25

Post by Lio » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 am

Damn, that's a really good deal on juvenile bearded dragons. I paid much more for mine when I got him about a year ago; although, I did get mine at a large local pet shop.

I would love to own another and there's a good chance I may want one from
You if you still have any left in a week or two. What are the guidelines for housing beardies together? Can male/female or male/male or female/female live together for any period of time; or should they be kept separate (outside of breeding) for most part?

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Ian I will have plenty. I have 68 fertile eggs, 3/4 of which are hatching right now.

They do fine together as long as they are the same size. Never put a smaller one with a larger one. And I wouldn't put more than one male together if there is a female present. I keep the babies in a community set up and hope to until they start growing a bunch.

These lizards are also omnivorous. They eat insects like crickets but also veggies. Once they are adults veggies make up the majority of their diet. So no need to always have crickets or insects on hand.

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Till » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:30 pm

How are they as pets? Or should I just shut up and google like you said?
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 pm

From my experience, it has been awesome having a bearded dragon as a pet. Not hard at all to
Take care of, very friendly and sociable animals, and theyre just awesome to look at. You can spend hours just reading or watching tv and have it sitting on your shoulder or lap.

The hardest part with owning one is just having to buy crickets on a semi weekly basis (unless you decide to order bulk crickets) but as mike said, By the time they are adults, you won't even need to feed crickets as often.

If you're on the fence about getting one then I would defly go with getting one here because you will pay 2 to 3 or 4 times as much if you try to get a juvenile bearded dragon At feeders supply or something.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:53 pm

I want.... As soon as I can see again I will be on this..
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:00 pm

This website is very informative and fascinating.

http://www.beardeddragoncare.net/

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Here my beardie, Winston:

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

I would love one, BUT, I've got way too many critters now. Good luck with the sale!
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 pm

I will probably end up taking one maybe two from you. I need to read up on what they need for a basic setup to get going and price it out. Be in touch with you this weekend

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:30 pm

I will post a bunch more in detail about them tonight. Care is really simple assuming they have a decent size cage, proper lighting and temps. Other than that they eat anything including fruits and veggies and pre made diets so feeding is simple. Body size is usually about as big as your hand, so add a stout tail and a big head and you have a tank of a lizard. They have personality more than any other reptile that I know of, and can be trained to do things even. Get on youtube and do a search and you may quickly decide they are perfect for you.

And if you choose to, do what my friend did, get a pair and profit! He bought this pair several years back as pets and now he has the 68 eggs from his female that i am taking care of and getting going. The market is there for them, and i think you can do the math on 68 babies. A single female can lay up to 100 eggs a year. He wanted pets and now sees the potential and is liking the idea of recouping his investment plus a lot more just for taking care of them!

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Cool lookin lil n big guys!

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 pm

If I could afford to set up a habitat for one I would...very cool

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:38 am

Here is dad, a "sandfire" morph.

And Mom, just a normal as far as I know.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

As far as care they are simple but do require a few basic needs. First they are from the arid Austrailian Outback, so they need it warm. I use simple shop clamp lights with a good wattage bulb spotlighted on a rock or driftwood. Basically a warm basking spot to help digest food. The also require full spectrum(fluorescent tube) lighting to help with metabolism. This lighting is very important and one of the most costly of items next to caging.

I use sand, but any dry substrate works. Play sand is dirt cheap and messes are easy to clean out by sifting out any messes. Beardeds can also eat small amounts of sand safely and it is normal. They are known to ingest it when they are lacking in calcium as well.

Caging is a "bigger is better" approach. The more room the better. Most people want a nice looking glass aquarium and that works fine. I keep the babies in large tupperware totes open topped with my lighting above them.

Feeding is simple but variety is key. More insects and protein as babies but slowly switch into adulthood to more veggies and plant matter. I feed mainly crickets dusted with calcium powder, then mustard greens, kale, collard greens and similar leafy stuff. I will also feed greens as a standby as babies and as something to munch on throughout the day. There is also formulated foods that you can buy at petshops. I have never really used any of these but they probably are pretty good.

Most Beardeds will drink from a basic waterbowl.

Bearded Dragons are probably the most interesting of lizards. They will "wave" to you which is a sign of dominance and in adults is also a courtship thing. It's funny to watch them sit on top of a log and slowly wave their arm out. They will also bob their head real fast with the wave. They are very social and enjoy being held. My buddy lets his adults out around the house and they usually just sit in the windowsill on warm days soaking up the sun. It is VERY unlikely to get bitten by a captive hatched and raised Bearded. Many people will let them out aaround their dogs and cats and they can sometimes get along fine. They are as strong as a tank so you don't have to be really gentle with them.

I do recommend them in pairs or even groups because they are so much fun to watch interact. You get to laugh at them trying to establish dominance over rocks and basking spots.

They can breed within a few years. When they start breeding it can be a LOT! Like I said, we got 70 eggs within a 2 month period(and not trying, it was accidental). We actually thought "she" was a "he".

Anyways, I think that about covers it. I should have 68 of these total(2 eggs went bad during incubation).

BUY MY BEARDEDS!!

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 am

I have a 25gal tank would that be big enough?
Hard Core Wild Banshee Style!!!!!

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 am

burn360 wrote:I have a 25gal tank would that be big enough?
I believe so. If you get a pair you might want to get something a tad bigger a few years down the road when they start getting bigger though.

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:55 pm

I will prob take one maybe two have to check a few things

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Wish they stayed small, been thinking of a lizard for my daughter but really need something that stays small.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey Mike I'll take two. Just pm send me a pm on pickup. I'll be free in the evenings all week except Thursday.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Todd I sent you a PM.

Selling them fast at this price. 19 in last 24 hours.

Was outside with them earlier drinking a beer and just letting them hang out. They already like just sitting around on your hand.

He was drinking the condensation off my beer earlier.....too cool.

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:06 pm

ill take one PM me the info

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 am

Just got 2 of them they are awesome and Mike is a great guy. Look forward to updating you on how they do.

Return to “Everything else”