Eggs

Snakes, mowers, baseball cards, random stuff you want to offer up for sale or trade.... Put it here.
ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Eggs

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:03 pm

They just are laying machines!

$3 a dozen, these run on the med/large side of eggs. Free range and well kept chickens. I have 6 dozen in the fridge right now with a new dozen being produced every 2-3 days, so I have a steady supply.

Marcus, I think you have 2 already claimed, just let me know when you can get them.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Re: Eggs

Post by Marcus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Today is fine. Just let me know if that works for you and a time.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Joe is home all day if you wanted to stop by at any point. I'll be home after 5 if you just want to see me :geek:
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Of course I do. And your location is castle greyskull......that......is......AWESOME!!!
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Eggs

Post by ssracer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Hahaha...that is bad ass

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I live in Castle Grayskull...

This major asshole with a skull head lives in Castle Greyskull... been trying to years to overtake him

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by renovatio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Where are you located?
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Eggs

Post by ssracer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:38 pm

In Eternia....dug

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Eggs

Post by ssracer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Err...duh...not dug...dammit

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by renovatio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Hahaha
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:55 pm

My vacation home is in Lyndon. :mrgreen:

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by renovatio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Ok thanks. I'm in Valley Station so I probably won't make the drive, but if you're ever in this area bring me some! :) I've been trying to buy free range eggs and chicken since I watched a how-it's-made episode on chickens... disgusting.

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Till » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:44 pm

If you weren't so far away :( next time you go to NH let me know I'll take a dozen or two or three
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

reverend dreed

Post by reverend dreed » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:07 pm

TroyBuilt wrote:If you weren't so far away :( next time you go to NH let me know I'll take a dozen or two or three

her eggs are worth the drive i will be getting back on the cusomer list now that they are laying on a regular basis again.
can i trade a bag of layer pellets again rachel? or would you rather have cash. we have a few dozen empty cartons for you too

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Yep. Let me know how many dozen per bag of feed it works out to. Im always up for barter.

I thought i was gonna die once winter really set in and the girls quit laying for a month. There is a difference between store bought and fresh. Store bought seem flat when cooked. I was so happy to see the girls going at it again about two weeks ago. And I will not have green eggs this year. Carl took care of that.

Next year though...

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 pm

renovatio wrote:Ok thanks. I'm in Valley Station so I probably won't make the drive, but if you're ever in this area bring me some! :) I've been trying to buy free range eggs and chicken since I watched a how-it's-made episode on chickens... disgusting.

Wwwweeeellllll chickens aren't exactly smart creatures...... Their iq is about one step above a rock... Sure I have two hens that know who i am and pretty easy going but for the most part..walking rocks as far as brains go.

That being said, as soon as I move out of the city I plan on gettimg into meat birds. Although, don't tell the government that....

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Chickenlady wrote:Yep. Let me know how many dozen per bag of feed it works out to. Im always up for barter.

I thought i was gonna die once winter really set in and the girls quit laying for a month. There is a difference between store bought and fresh. Store bought seem flat when cooked. I was so happy to see the girls going at it again about two weeks ago. And I will not have green eggs this year. Carl took care of that.

Next year though...

I read that you can keep them laying in winter by feeding them grass silage....

http://kentuckypreppersnetworkforum.com ... =19&t=4245
Height Supremacist

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:38 pm

I read that you can keep them laying in winter by feeding them grass silage....

http://kentuckypreppersnetworkforum.com ... =19&t=4245[/quote]

You can keep them laying in the winter by doing lots of different things. I will say thats the first time ive heard of that. I like to let my girls have the rest in the winter. Keeps them happy and not stressed. They start laying again as soon as it gets above freezing and we have daylight past six at night. Some of my three year old hens are atill averaging an egg a day. That's crazy and unheard of with larger operations. I keep happy hens

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Eggs

Post by justang1997 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:32 pm

How safe are they. I mean, I eat just about anything, including road kill but for my kids, its a different story.
What do you have to do to ensure the eggs are safe after they are layed? Do you just gather them up every morning? I am interested in trying some.

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Eggs laid by hens have a natural coating on them that keeps pathogens from entering the eggs. Once the eggs are washed, the coating is removed, so the most my eggs get is a rinse. In larger commercial operations the eggs are washed in solution and then coated in mineral oil or similar to keep them from getting in anything you wouldnt want to eat. Normally i pick up eggs once a day and the shavings in the nest boxes are kept clean to avoid any chicken crap from getting on them. In general, my chickens have freedom of movement, bugs, leftovers, a large backyard, and are left to be actual chickens. They in my mind have to be healthier than a large commercial operation where many chickens are crammed into one cage. I have never treated my chickens for anything, including mites, because they have never been sick or have had any issues. That says a lot considering some of them are 3 year old hens.

reverend dreed

Post by reverend dreed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Chickenlady wrote:Yep. Let me know how many dozen per bag of feed it works out to. Im always up for barter.

Next year though...
50 lbs = 3 dozen like last time ?

Harleyx2
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Harleyx2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

How about a gallon of chicken and dumping, i will pick up.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 pm

i'll claim two dozen. i also have several cartons to give you. angie and i have been saving them for you
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Return to “Everything else”