Baby Bearded Dragons

Snakes, mowers, baseball cards, random stuff you want to offer up for sale or trade.... Put it here.
Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Baby Bearded Dragons

Post by Mike » Fri May 24, 2013 9:43 am

I have a bunch of these little things hatching. They are from a Sandfire male to a normal female(Sandfire is a color morph with a lot of red). These are great pets and very easy to maintain. I sell them locally to the petshops at a wholesale price of $25 each. I will offer them here for the same price.

Or if anyone is interested in a really nice older pair, I took in this pair on a trade and don't really have the room for them. They are "Citrus" morphs and have some amazing colors. They will be big enough to breed in about a year then you can produce your own babies to sell like I do. Very profitable. My female has laid 90 eggs this year and 75 last year, so you see the potential. $125 for the PAIR! (I made $1480 cash last year from the babies and am on my way to over $1800 this year just FYI)

Female:

Male:
:llama:

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Baby Bearded Dragons

Post by richief » Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 pm

cool, that'd help pay for ammo.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Coach wrote:What is required to keep them?
mtchbrian and broncogals 90 gal tank and some rocks

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 0

Post by Ar-Rob » Fri May 24, 2013 3:11 pm

^lol
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:11 pm

they are easy to take care of i got some from Mike last time he had babies
Hard Core Wild Banshee Style!!!!!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Coach wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Coach wrote:What is required to keep them?
mtchbrian and broncogals 90 gal tank and some rocks

Heat rock? Diet?

These qould be cool for the kids
Def cool for kids! I think they need a heat lamp with a day/night cycle. Diet I believe is crickets and meal worms when they are young and they eventually get big enough to eat pinky mice. I'm sure mike will chime in and give you the run down.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Sat May 25, 2013 1:03 am

They are really easy and do make really good pets. They are considered the "lap dogs" of the reptile world.

They do have some basic but easy to meet needs.

They are from the Australian outback so need a similar set up. I use sand from my local golf course but kids play sand works well($3). They do need heat in the form of lighting to keep them warm and to metabolize their food. I use a cheap shop clamp light from Home Depot for about $7. They really need a reptile lightbulb that puts out UVA/UVB rays that help them grow. These run about $20-$30 and are one of the more expensive investments for them but it also improves their colors and breeding response. I have seen plenty that have led long and healthy lifes without these lights but it is agreed that they are better off with them. It simulates the natural sun rays.

I keep mine in big rubbermaid style totes that are open on top but most people would rather have a nice aquarium to watch them. As babies a ten gallon would work but within a year you would want something bigger. They like to climb so driftwood and branches and rocks are good.

They are omnivorous so eat insects and veggies. This makes them popular because you don't have to rely on live insects, you can give them dark leafy greens and other veggies. I prefer collard greens, kale, mustard greens, spinach and the likes(not lettuce that's not healthy). As babies insects are more preferred because they are growing but I start my babies of veggies so they are used to them early. Mealworms and crickets are the common sources of food.

I just ordered a bunch of mealworms online and got 1000 delivered to my door for $18 shipped. You can keep these in oatmeal and they will reproduce on their own. I plan on always having melworms around and I actually order crickets from a local breeder but you can get them locally at any feeders supply or similar petshop. You can also feed any insects you find around the yard during the summer assuming they aren't pesticide ridden or poisonous. If I find small grasshoppers or crickets under a rock I throw them in the cage as a treat.

They actually learn and will learn who their caregiver is and will come to you for food as they get older. They will eat from your hands and are not aggressive at all. They are the most popular pet lizard in the world for a reason. They are built like a tank and kids are not going to hurt them. They are not fragile like some other lizards. They won't drop their tails like a gecko or skink.

Coach, text me and bring the little ones over to see them. The bigger ones will give you an idea of what to expect as they grow.

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 pm

For those interested, I also keep dragons, very enjoyable and easy as Mike said, I always order from http://www.southerncricket.com/ have had very good luck with their quality. Just trying to help out
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Tue May 28, 2013 9:48 pm

DOSS, just curious what shipping usually runs for crickets?

I buy 1000 locally for $15 but am looking for other suppliers.

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Wed May 29, 2013 4:24 am

Mike wrote:DOSS, just curious what shipping usually runs for crickets?

I buy 1000 locally for $15 but am looking for other suppliers.
Last I bought I believe was $24 for 1000 adults, haven't bought bulk in a while now since im down to only having 2 pets that eat them. I would love to get a breeding pair of dragons
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

Return to “Everything else”