Help me out

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Help me out

Post by shelbygoat » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:03 am

Would like to purchase a supressor or two when I come back to the states on leave next month, but need to know exactly where I need to go to get a signature, or maybe just set up a trust. I currently have a GA drivers license, but no longer reside there. I don't have a home address right now, other than my parents house in PA where I am keeping all my weapons and related items. Can I go to a local shop in PA and look, or purchase from Lincoln Arms on here, or do I have to go back to GA?

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Help me out

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 am

Your state of residence per your orderes per the ATF rules

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 am

You should be able to use your home of record or the current state of residence on your LES.

ETA: I just realized you probably don't have adequate documentation of your home of record, so that's probably not feasible. Cranky's right about PCS orders, of course, but that won't help you.

As you know, this can get really complicated really quickly. This can sometimes be used to your advantage (I may or may not have had multiple *resident* CCDWs simultaneously, and I've saved thousands of dollars in sales tax when buying cars over the years), but when dealing with NFA items I wouldn't want to play any games that might get me in deep doodoo.

What's your state of residence?

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Frailer wrote:You should be able to use your home of record or the current state of residence on your LES.

ETA: I just realized you probably don't have adequate documentation of your home of record, so that's probably not feasible. Cranky's right about PCS orders, of course, but that won't help you.

As you know, this can get really complicated really quickly. This can sometimes be used to your advantage (I may or may not have had multiple *resident* CCDWs simultaneously, and I've saved thousands of dollars in sales tax when buying cars over the years), but when dealing with NFA items I wouldn't want to play any games that might get me in deep doodoo.

What's your state of residence?
per my LES and for tax purposes it is FL

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Yes with suppressor and military not real certain
Best bet would be to talk to a dealer who deals with NFA.

:llama:

Actually you can buy from any suppressor seller and then have transferred to state of residence.

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:49 pm

If you are storing at your folks and they have any sort of access you should set up a trust and put them as trustees.

CESTILL345
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CESTILL345 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:39 pm

look up Form4 of lousiville. He's a good friend of mine and he will take care of you, just tell him I sent you.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Wed May 08, 2013 5:01 pm

figured it out.

Get PA drivers license.

Problem solved.

Return to “Suppressors”