Trust Template 'Party'

NFA suppressor discussion goes on here. Silencers, cans, the wonderful things that make it our firearms quiet.
adayton
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Trust Template 'Party'

Post by adayton » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:24 am

I am hoping this is the right section to be posting this as it has a lot to do with suppressors since that is the primary need for a trust that I have seen thus far...
Anyway, I have noticed recently that a number of people are creating trusts to be able to file more quickly and with a lot less paperwork ... especially with the Group Buy coming to a close next week... We will only have a month or so to get it in order...
I have obtained a template from a member on this forum (thanx goes to 1fastmach1) ... but I have some questions about all the info that needs to go into it and what (if any) can be discarded...
I would like to propose that all of us that need to create a trust join together on an evening or weekend for an hour or so (I would think that's all it should take...) and wade through this together ...
I can set up a WebEx with a conference bridge so that a computer screen or screens could be shared to 'show' the rest of the participants what exactly the language should look like and then decide what info goes in and what needs to be deleted. I myself would benefit from this greatly ... maybe we could have a participant or 2 that has already done theirs to 'assist' with the crafting of the document.
Let me know what you think ... and let's throw some dates and times out there...
It only takes me about 60 seconds and the emails of all involved to set one of these up....My schedule is fairly flexible and I could even do one during the day if need be...

SpyderArms

Re: Trust Template 'Party'

Post by SpyderArms » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:10 am

Not trying to highjack your thread but there are several ways to go for your trust. It depends on how many people are in it, who the beneficiaries are, how to deal with under the age of 21. I recommend having someone who is very knowledgeable in this area doing it. We use a company and they only charge $99 to do it. Its is very detailed and covers everything. Here is a link to it. 199Trust Hope this may help you guys out. I would hate for you to submit everything and it be delayed because the trust was not done properly. Not saying you cant to it by yourself. I have one customer that uses Quicken Will Maker and has not had a problem.
Spyder Arms LLC
FFL 07/02
859-474-0690
info@SpyderArms.com

Rext
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rext » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 am

A trust is a pretty simple thing. If the trust you have is the one I sent out, it has everything highlighted that needs to be done. You only need to read through it (which most dont) and it will make sense. You have to have three parts: Certification of trust, Declaration of trust,Schedule A. I get people all the time that only want to send in one part or another. ATF requires all three parts. You have to update the Schedule A everytime you are adding something prior to sending it in. The trust only has to be notarized the first time, not a new trust every single time. The one I had has an assignment of property page. You really dont need it but might as well use it. This is filled out everytime you add something with the same description you put on the schedule A. Just include it with the original trust and toss out the old schedule A.
I always encourage people to use a short name. That way you dont have to engrave it on a gun if you make a SBR. "The john franklin james doe and jane debbie doe and children revocable living trust" would look good engraved on a reciever. Just put "XYZ Trust" and be done with it.
Kentucky Firearms
Kentucky's class three dealer
..When you just want to shhhoot!

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:19 am

I would love some assistance filing out and understanding the trust paperwork. I have an email from DDgunslinger with the forms, however I don't want to do something incorrect.
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Return to “Suppressors”