Advice for those caught short, or without.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
jdf747emt
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Advice for those caught short, or without.

Post by jdf747emt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm

If you were caught with little or nothing with the frenzy of buying in the last few weeks, dont give up hope, i've been there. If you have a weapon and ammo, and some mags good, now do you have the spare parts to support that weapon system? Extractors,Ejectors, firing pins,etc... Do you have the means to safely secure it?Do you have the means to protect it from enviromental damage, Maybe time to get it refinished, custom work done. having simple things as good storage for ammo, can save you the loss of that resouce now. You can look and see where things you need are not inflated, soft body armor is cheap as it has ever been, one of the best investments for you defending your family. Good quality holsters, slings, optics. Make the most out of what you have, make sure it is taken care of and support supplies are there. You have maybe a 1000 rds of ammo spend 200 and get some training, from RWI, without training you are just dead weight on it in more ways than one. Didn't get that semi-auto, don't go to the dark side and try and buy weapons that could be stolen, believe me stolen guns are coming out right now, crackheads sometimes can read, deals to good to believe are to good to believe. Concerning spare parts, remember the mags springs and followers are important, you may find spare springs etc, in damaged and rusty mags that people are passing over. As in operations explore other areas of that others are passing up. I had almost half my guns stolen in March and recovered half and was able to replace what I needed, the first AWB i was able to secure the spare parts for what I had, these items will quickly inflate if a new AWB is made law, i have seen it happen, and you really need them anyway, why not buy them before they jump in price. Place your faith in God.
Creed of Platoon 1007, B Compnay, 1st Bat. Parris Island 1978 April 24. When your hot your hot, if not your dead.

guitarandgunbuyer

Re: Advice for those caught short, or without.

Post by guitarandgunbuyer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Good post. I've been keeping an eye out for various parts/mags. I've scored some stuff at normal prices, but they go fast! Mostly I've been to little, to late :(

Looksdeadtome

Post by Looksdeadtome » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Good reminder to people. 3 is 2 and 2 is 1. Look for stuff people are over looking. Concentrate on what you can get for what you can afford.

jdf747emt
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by jdf747emt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 pm

auctions where stuff is in barns, reloading stuff is mentioned or military stuff might be a good place, some auction people don,t know what they are looking at and just leave stuff in the boxes.
Creed of Platoon 1007, B Compnay, 1st Bat. Parris Island 1978 April 24. When your hot your hot, if not your dead.

jdf747emt
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by jdf747emt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Yard sales around military communitys where people retire are also good, God knows military bases have tons of stolen stuff, GI's to employees.

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

I may be biased in this but....

Train with what you have!
I don't care if you come to a RWI course or not but if you can't effectively use what you have you are holding gear for someone else.
Now of course I would very much suggest that you come to one of our courses but regardless who you may go through training is paramount.
You may have all the firearms you could ever want but, you can only carry so many at a time and unless you are purchasing for investment, you are purchasing for protection. (holy run-on sentence)
Having the ability to use what you do have is key.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 pm

While I would never call myself a "professional gunslinger" the more I hang around folks that are (or have been in their past) the more I realize that the professionals never focus on gear, they focus on tactics and ability.

The 'stuff' can make the job easier, and I suppose that when two opponents have the exact same skill sets the one with the superior gear may have an advantage... I just can't see that being the reality of the world. Train with what you have.

Had a friend the other day telling me that he needed gt out and zero his new red dot but he was really hesitant to shoot any with ammo being so hard to get. I asked him how he would like to take a full magazine of ammo and just start tossing live rounds out the window on the highway while he was driving? He asked me if I was nuts. I said, well you might as well do that if you are not going to keep your weapon zeroed. If you need to use it to save your life and you put bullets where you are aiming you might as well just drop 'em in the dirt.

We are going to zero his weapons this weekend.

Train with what you have.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

jdf747emt
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by jdf747emt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 am

Train with everything you have, reason why? If you have to give a friend a weapon, at least you will be able to show them how to use it, at least at a basic level. That include bolt guns on up, I plan on using a pellet rifle alot, just to keep shooting skills, breathing,sight picture, etc... Now your go to weapons
need the most training, I recall getting FAM training with foreign weapons, getting the chance to shoot and operate other weapon platforms is fundamental. it should be no diffrent here, letting friends and family shoot your weapon and you shooting them will give you the ability to be more rounded. I recommend the apple seed shoots for basic training, for everybody. make sure everything you have is functional, sighted in, and you have some basic support parts and supplies. having all you eggs in one basket is not recommended, I was happy I had at least a fall back supply elsewhere, after the break in.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”