Something has been bugging me about the guns used in CT

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Now let me start that I'm not trying to be sexist here or anything like that.

Okay we all know he used an AR-15 to do the killing.
Also had on him a Sig, and a Glock, a shotgun (Saiga 12) which was found in the trunk of his (his moms really) car.
So we got

AR-15 223
Glock 10mm
Sig 9mm
Saiga 12 (IDed from news video)

All were said to his mother's. Now that the part that is bugging me, now I'm not trying to sound sexist or anything like that, but does that look like the usual type of guns that would be purchased by a single 52yr old woman? Just seems a bit odd to me, could be wrong and the Long Island Tea talking, but odd.
Last edited by WLJ on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Something has been bugging me about the guns used in CT

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Coach wrote:Or she could have straw purchased them for her kid?
We may never know.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Laurino
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Laurino » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Possibly got them from the divorce?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Laurino wrote:Possibly got them from the divorce?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Thought about that but everything I've found says she bought them.

armygreen

Post by armygreen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:32 am

i think they were hers and yes i agree it's not typical purcases for a gal with all the other parameters she has. she did say she wanted for protection, for most people that means a handgun and maybe a shotgun, AR's and other rifles aren't as often bought for or used for a home invader. and she hasn't been reported to be involved in other interests that tend to go along with guns.

if i lived on her street and someone told me she owned guns and said were for protection, i would've assumed it was a handgun, not even a shotgun.

knowing what she knew of her kid, i don't think she bought any of them for him. what i am thinking is maybe she like many of us suspect the country may come unglued, and looters roaming. my guess - she wanted an AR and a shottie for exactly that kind of protection.

speculation.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 am

armygreen wrote:i think they were hers and yes i agree it's not typical purcases for a gal with all the other parameters she has. she did say she wanted for protection, for most people that means a handgun and maybe a shotgun, AR's and other rifles aren't as often bought for or used for a home invader. and she hasn't been reported to be involved in other interests that tend to go along with guns.

if i lived on her street and someone told me she owned guns and said were for protection, i would've assumed it was a handgun, not even a shotgun.

knowing what she knew of her kid, i don't think she bought any of them for him. what i am thinking is maybe she like many of us suspect the country may come unglued, and looters roaming. my guess - she wanted an AR and a shottie for exactly that kind of protection.

speculation.

When you look at prepper sites the AR-15 (with a 22LR conversion) is typically considered the best all around utility weapon expenditure for your gun dollar budget. Many will suggest if you can't get a 22 rifle, a shotgun AND some sort of "battle rifle" right away then to get an AR with a conversion and spend the other dollars on ammo. Then, when finances allow, get a shotgun and whatever else.

The 9mm pistol is in the same category as above, being the most utilitarian and cheap to feed for practice and scrounge for ammo. The 10mm is an anomaly. perhaps an impulse buy or ill advised buy by someone who she thought knew what they were talking about (not knocking the 10mm...just that most females would not shoot one more than once after they felt the recoil...).
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

armygreen

Post by armygreen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 am

i just realized, if i die and they go through my belongings they will find a rainbow colored set of fairy wings, complete with sparkly stuff.

it's a very long story, i'd rather everyone just speculate why i have them :lol:

okay one hint: i put them on and walk down my street delivering beer.

:mrgreen: *awaits impending banhammer*

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:00 am

The beer fairy (okay is was a sweaty German dude that drove a truck) used to deliver a new rack of beer to my front door every week when i lived over there.

I actually had a tear of joy when I started that service and came home to find my first rack of flippy top hefeweizen by the front door.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Rext
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rext » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 am

Coach wrote:Or she could have straw purchased them for her kid?
This is what I thought as well. He probably plays video games or something and convinced her to buy them so they can shoot them? I agree on the 10mm thought as well. You know if a woman walks into a store they are going to be shown the 38 revolvers and pushed in that direction. I would also like to know how long she had owned these guns.
Kentucky Firearms
Kentucky's class three dealer
..When you just want to shhhoot!

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 am

In the article I read, a few friends said that she had started becoming an avid shooter and had taken it up as a hobby.
Don't know if true but that is what they interviewed people and they had said.

armygreen

Post by armygreen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:46 am

Dave1965 wrote:In the article I read, a few friends said that she had started becoming an avid shooter and had taken it up as a hobby.
Don't know if true but that is what they interviewed people and they had said.
this is very possible, they say women make better target shooters and that women often really take to marksmanship shooting once they give it a try -- it's a fault of our culture that they just never get encouraged toward firearms, i wish more of them had an interest in it, primarily for their own safety but also for the safety of our country against tyranny.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:14 am

Ok gang - then I must be very odd indeed.

I am a 54 year old woman. Not afraid to admit it, proud to have made it this far LOL.

For those of you familiar with my growing collection, you know that I have all that she had and more, except for the glock, never drank that koolaid. But I make up for it with 1911s and S&Ws of many flavors.

I would not read too much into the fact that she had them. Women can enjoy target shooting and appreciate the fine craftmanship of a good firearm just like men. Most men just never give them a chance, or when they do, many show off by handing the poor woman a Firebreather 500 as the first weapon they fire. Big turnoff.

Rather than look for someone to "break me into the game," I was fortunate to do much reading and research before I bought my first firearm, a Smith and Wesson Performance Center 627 with a 5" barrel. A very fine revolver, which got me hooked. And the rest, as they say, is history. I now own everything from a S&W 617 and Ruger MkII to a S&W 500 and Desert Eagle 50AE. Oh and a few rifles, too LOL.

Women can be very, very capable if simply given a chance.

Oh, and I enjoy watching football, too. :)
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:35 am

one article i read from a fox link said she purchased some of them so that she could take her son for range trips to bond with him because that is all he would do with her

now i am going to say she was dumb to let him know how to get to all those guns

they should have been locked up in a safe except the one maybe 2 for protection i think as gun owners in this time of crime where people are activly trying to steal firearms it is our responsibility to make sure our firearms are out of reach or criminals. that means secure in a fase or other stronghold not just under a closet. in this day that really just does not cut it
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:21 pm

RecoilSensitive wrote:one article i read from a fox link said she purchased some of them so that she could take her son for range trips to bond with him because that is all he would do with her

now i am going to say she was dumb to let him know how to get to all those guns

they should have been locked up in a safe except the one maybe 2 for protection i think as gun owners in this time of crime where people are activly trying to steal firearms it is our responsibility to make sure our firearms are out of reach or criminals. that means secure in a fase or other stronghold not just under a closet. in this day that really just does not cut it

Maybe they were locked up, but once he killed her with the ONE gun that was out for home defense he was able to retrieve the rest.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:41 pm

WLJ wrote:Now let me start that I'm not trying to be sexist here or anything like that.

Also had on him a Sig, and a Glock, a shotgun (Saiga 12) which was found in the trunk of his (his moms really) car.
So we got

AR-15 223
Glock 10mm
Sig 9mm

All were said to his mother's. Now that the part that is bugging me, now I'm not trying to sound sexist or anything like that, but does that look like the usual type of guns that would be purchased by a single 52yr old woman? Just seems a bit odd to me, could be wrong and the Long Island Tea talking, but odd.
Actually we DO NOT know he used the AR15 to do the killings. All early reports said pistols only to have the information changed later for some reason. I still don't believe it was not something that was changed to best suit what the media wants to hear. I would never believe it until such times as I saw official photos of the crime scene to see the shell casings laying there. Then I might believe.

motoman883

Post by motoman883 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
WLJ wrote:Now let me start that I'm not trying to be sexist here or anything like that.

So we got

AR-15 223
Glock 10mm
Sig 9mm

Actually we DO NOT know he used the AR15 to do the killings. All early reports said pistols only to have the information changed later for some reason. I still don't believe it was not something that was changed to best suit what the media wants to hear. I would never believe it until such times as I saw official photos of the crime scene to see the shell casings laying there. Then I might believe.
I feel the same way all day friday the ar was found in the trunk and then it was changed to both pistols and the ar were next the his body, now riddle me this how can that many first responders walking through this crime scene not notice this rifle untill 7 or 8 hours later

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 pm

motoman883 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:

So we got

AR-15 223
Glock 10mm
Sig 9mm

I feel the same way all day friday the ar was found in the trunk and then it was changed to both pistols and the ar were next the his body, now riddle me this how can that many first responders walking through this crime scene not notice this rifle untill 7 or 8 hours later
Welcome to the MSM, they don't bother to confirm info run with whatever they hear first.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Dave1965 wrote:

So we got

AR-15 223
Glock 10mm
Sig 9mm

That is what I was about to put on here. The ar was found in the trunk at night time from the helicopter video I seen which would prove even further the whole assault rifle talk is ludicrous and irrelevant. I watched on YouTube the nbc video of them quoting the (detective or police I can't remember exactly) saying he had 4 pistols and no long guns on him other than in car. This is absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe all of the lies aren't being focused on! We are focused on 1 event with 10 different versions and that really have everything to do with the current conversation and in my eyes makes the whole assault weapon ban argument null and void!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:05 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:

So we got

AR-15 223
Glock 10mm
Sig 9mm

That is what I was about to put on here. The ar was found in the trunk at night time from the helicopter video I seen which would prove even further the whole assault rifle talk is ludicrous and irrelevant. I watched on YouTube the nbc video of them quoting the (detective or police I can't remember exactly) saying he had 4 pistols and no long guns on him other than in car. This is absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe all of the lies aren't being focused on! We are focused on 1 event with 10 different versions and that really have everything to do with the current conversation and in my eyes makes the whole assault weapon ban argument null and void!
Saiga 12 in the trunk
http://www.kentuckyarmoryclub.com/viewt ... 47#p219747

You can even see a 12ga shell being ejected. Pay close attention to the first 2-3 seconds with it full screened. Most seem to have cut off the first 2-3 seconds

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:17 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:

So we got

AR-15 223
Glock 10mm
Sig 9mm

Saiga 12 in the trunk
http://www.kentuckyarmoryclub.com/viewt ... 47#p219747

You can even see a 12ga shell being ejected. Pay close attention to the first 2-3 seconds with it full screened. Most seem to have cut off the first 2-3 seconds
You are 100% correct on it being a right handed charge and I did see what appeared to be a shell eject. Which makes me even more justified in saying the stories are so conflicting and is there really even an ar that exists? Where did the word Bushmaster come from of one of the guns doesn't say it on there?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 pm

I made the video full screen instead of watching in the YouTube standard video while commenting on it.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm

I think many are grabbing at straws, we want it not to be an AR-15 use in the killings. So far besides some early conflicting reports, which is quite normal for the MSM in their usual rush to be first, I have had seen nothing to make me believe it wasn't an AR. Doesn't help that many reports are still repeating some of the early info before more was known.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:46 pm

"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Witness describes apparent accomplice arrested from woods
Heard that turned out to one of the poor kids at the school who decided "fuck this" and ran out the door and hid in the woods.
Police search woods behind school for Additional suspects
I would expect them to, better safe than sorry.
Comment: How could Adam Lanza have fired hundreds of rounds from two handguns in three minutes? Assault rifles, automatic weapons MUST have been used. But they weren't used by him because he left his rifle in the back of the trunk of a car.
Sigh, shotgun in the trunk, watch the whole video, not just parts of it.
Gunman somehow got into school dressed in full combat gear, masked and armed
Somehow? door vs AR, figure it out.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:09 pm

WLJ wrote:
Witness describes apparent accomplice arrested from woods
Heard that turned out to one of the poor kids at the school who decided "fuck this" and ran out the door and hid in the woods.
Police search woods behind school for Additional suspects
I would expect them to, better safe than sorry.
Somehow? door vs AR, figure it out.
You are saying it was an AR? I'm confused because you said a min ago it was saiga 12. Please clarify. Not being a smartass I just don't understand if that comment was a comment pointing out what someone else believes.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”