Privacy

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
motoman883
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Privacy

Post by motoman883 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:49 am

Im just wondering how private some of you other guys/gals are with your gun ownership,with all the stories Ive been reading about the perverbial guy who owns 50 guns and they were confiscated because his neighbor didnt like him because his dog shit in his yard and called the police.

I have several guns and like to shoot them all as much as I can ,I have a 100 yard range out at my parents and transport my gun out there but always have them in cases when loading the truck up ,usually take 5 or 6 at a time so as far as you know I only have 5 or 6 guns, dont have bumper and window stickers advertising ,I dont wear gun related clothes (mall ninja outfits), I dont talk to my nieghbors or employees or customers about guns. My guns and knives are locked in a room in 2 big safes were I do my builds and my holsters and do leather work and I just dont let anyone in this room except my sons and daughter. I dont show my weapons off to my friends and dont post pics on facebook. Just curious on other views

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Privacy

Post by GeminiXD9 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:06 am

I don't advertise everything I actually own. I also don't tell just anyone I own guns. I will engage in a conversation with someone about guns etc but won't say what or how many I own. Depending on who I'm talkin to of course. If its a member here or something I might b like I have one of those or I used to have one. When I load my guns up to go to the range I usually have em in cases or range bag. I try to b discreet in case I have one of those kind of "neighbors" and to deter any would be thieves.
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 92 times

Privacy

Post by Niceguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:06 am

I don't really talk about guns in any detail with anyone I don't know very well... No neighbors really to deal with. Maybe a half a dizen in a few miles around, none with in 150-200 yards and they all pretty much have some gun or another...

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 am

people who know me well know i have some, but no one really knows how many or what types. heck i bet my wife could not even tell you. and they are places in sperate locations throughout the house and garage in sifes lock boxes and hidden. (i dont have kids nor do kids ever come over under the age of 16 (my sister) and when we have company coming i take all guns that could be found and put them in the safe whic his also hidden
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

motoman883

Post by motoman883 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 am

RecoilSensitive wrote:people who know me well know i have some, but no one really knows how many or what types. heck i bet my wife could not even tell you. and they are places in sperate locations throughout the house and garage in sifes lock boxes and hidden. (i dont have kids nor do kids ever come over under the age of 16 (my sister) and when we have company coming i take all guns that could be found and put them in the safe whic his also hidden
My girlfriend doesnt even know what I have, only thing she cares about is her pink sig 22 that she owns but its in 1 of the safes that she cant get in.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Privacy

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 am

Privacy in 2012 hahahahhahaha

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 am

My *wife* doesn't know how many I own. :llama:

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:22 am

Frailer wrote:My *wife* doesn't know how many I own. :llama:

hehe. I can relate to that.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 am

Frailer wrote:My *wife* doesn't know how many I own. :llama:
Ditto! I keep telling her that I only have 3.

Only 2 people know what I have. Both of them are neighbors, gun enthusiasts, and have done RWI classes with me.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

My wife has access to the safe. all she has to do is look.

Methinks maybe she does not want to know. :)
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 am

well, I don't like people, so I'm good...

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Privacy

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:My wife has access to the safe. all she has to do is look.

I bet if you hung price tags on them in the safe, you would need a couch to crash on lol :llama:

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 pm

jackalo626 wrote:

I bet if you hung price tags on them in the safe, you would need a couch to crash on lol :llama:

perhaps.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Privacy

Post by Dustin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I am in trouble because I need a bigger safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

armygreen

Post by armygreen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 pm

just tossin' this out there, one idea is to simply not own more than you think you can keep safe,
not own so much of a steal-able thing that if it were stolen you'd be financially ruined,
and of what you own - have enough funds to replace it if stolen (in case an insurance payment takes too long or other complications come up).

i live pretty spartan, my gun interest is very strongly in rights to self-defense, i'm not a "gun nut", nongun people think i am because i talk about gun rights a lot. i only own the basics: small handgun ccw, large handgun homedef, AR & shotgun for rioters.

holsters though?.... i wish there was a gunners goodwill box i could dump my collection in :oops:

shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shaggy1392 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:56 pm

armygreen wrote:... i wish there was a gunners goodwill box i could dump my collection in :oops:
If you want to give away holsters I'd be happy to take your donations if you have anything I can use

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

I am Cranky
I am the gun so too speak
I post on three local forums and several nationial ones
I don't hide from but don't boost much on what I own.
I Facebook but not much and al that crap.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:13 pm

I dont have social relationships that are not in some way bound by guns, gear, bushcraft, or homestead. If your not in to shooting , surviveing, and learning how to do both better............piss off.

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Winner » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 pm

kokopelli wrote:well, I don't like people, so I'm good...
Well, people don't like you either :llama:

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm good with that. Now Llamas- them I like.
and Alpacas.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 am

jackalo626 wrote:

You young guys need to learn the magic of the "allowance." Each and every paycheck she gets a cut to spend on her stupid crap, and I get an equal cut to spend on my stupid crap. For some strange reason, her "stupid crap account" has significantly more money in it than mine. ;)

My wife doesn't know how many I have not because I hide them, but because she's just not remotely interested. Whenever I start talking about a cool gun--most recently the SIG 553 SBR on Vickers' TacTV--she says, "Why don't you buy one?"

Just to shut me up.

Did I mention her "stupid crap account" has significantly more money in it than mine?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Privacy

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 am

Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

You young guys need to learn the magic of the "allowance." Each and every paycheck she gets a cut to spend on her stupid crap, and I get an equal cut to spend on my stupid crap. For some strange reason, her "stupid crap account" has significantly more money in it than mine. ;)

My wife doesn't know how many I have not because I hide them, but because she's just not remotely interested. Whenever I start talking about a cool gun--most recently the SIG 553 SBR on Vickers' TacTV--she says, "Why don't you buy one?"

Just to shut me up.

Did I mention her "stupid crap account" has significantly more money in it than mine?
Nah you got the wrong young guy here. I was teasing with him. My wife could care less what I buy and it's mutual between us. We keep separate bank accounts (none are joint) and we love it that way. At the end of the month we tally up what half of bills are between us and write each other a check. I am setting the right example! :llama:

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”