"New Jersey's a War Zone"

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Harb
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Harb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:57 pm

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: "New Jersey's a War Zone"

Post by scorpionmain » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:02 pm

I was looking to see when this would start to fall into chaos.

At first it's fun & different, maybe even a party. Then it gets old & irritating. Then desperate & dangerous.
The municipalities are running on borrowed time.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Well,dont prepare & this will happen.what were these people thinking?"a rain shower & we'll be back to work in a day"?i have no sympathy for idiots.they were told for DAYS what was coming.get out,or get prepared.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Anyone see any reports about food shortage or water crisis? I understand gas is a commodity, but I would be more concerned about bread and water then a couple gallons of gas.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Been through this shit before, remove basic services and human decency is gone. Went down to rescue Mom and sister from Katrina and the city was in chaos. The police had lost control over the city, I believe it was 3rd precinct that was trapped by gunfire for 2 hours. How does anyone not see this situation coming? People don't plan to fail just fail to plan.
Last edited by nemo on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Harb

Re:

Post by Harb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 pm

nemo wrote:Been through this shit before, remove basic services and human decency is gone. Went down to rescue Mom and sister from Katrina and the city was in chaos. How does anyone not see this situation coming? People don't plan to fail just fail to plan.
If it's not too awkward to ask, I'd be interested in hearing the story behind that. Could be very helpful for the rest of us.

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Robert Paulson » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 am

I see lots of people "picking up the pieces" instead of making sure they have basic essentials.

Water
FOOD
SHELTER
security for these 3 things are the most important not your scrap books. Yes picking up things that belong to you and retaining them with help with moral in a situration like this. BUT standing in a gas line for 3 hours so you can run your generator to charge you iphone so you can update your facebook is not important. If you were smart enough to get the hell out of dodge and hold up with family outside of the storm surge zone. Send two people to check on the house you left make sure its secure and then send word back for the rest of you family. My views on getting out of dodge have changed since becoming a dad BUT i would return to my home asap to secure my house and belongings. And make a sign that welcomes the looters and informs them of the gifts i have for them.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 am

They are restricting movement into Jersey.
only vehicles with three occupents allowed in.
If you have less, they turn them away.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re:

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 pm

scorpionmain wrote:They are restricting movement into Jersey.
only vehicles with three occupents allowed in.
If you have less, they turn them away.

So they are only allowing looter groups in, not individuals?

Good plan!
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:39 pm

If I have more than one week's worth of food on hand the govt marks me as a terrorist, right?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Paula

Post by Paula » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Did this hapoen during the ice storm a few years back? I cant remember.
Ky CCDW Instructor
NRA Refuse To Be a Victim Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
Owner Edgewise Knives....

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re:

Post by Rem700 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Paula wrote:Did this hapoen during the ice storm a few years back? I cant remember.
Doubt it. At that time most people couldnt even leave the house. Plus its probably kinda hard to carry away someones big ass tv when your skating everywhere you go. But to be honest IDK cause i never left the house for like 4 days

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:00 pm

i was in the guard at the time of the ice storm. I was activated by day 2 and spend like 2 weeks doing health and welfare checks across the state from Frankfort to Pennyrile Pky. I saw no looters or signs of looting. We were mainly checking for dead people and telling bozo's not to run their generators in their garage. People were worried that the generator would be stolen at night so they shut them in their garage while they were still running. Dumbasses were smart enough to have a genny but dumb enough to do that.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 pm

They say a new storm is developing.
–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Some computer models continue to advertise the possibility of a nor’easter next week which would bring a new round of wind, rain and high seas.

It’s very important to stress any storm will not come close to the intensity of Sandy. Even the most aggressive model simulations show much weaker winds, lower seas, and lower rainfall amounts compared to Sandy. But even a weak storm could result in a significant set back for clean-up efforts and add to the misery of those reeling (e.g. without power, etc.) from Sandy’s destruction.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cap ... _blog.html
–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:48 pm

–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:49 pm

–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:49 pm

–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:50 pm

–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:53 pm

–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:55 pm

–Samuel Adams

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:28 pm

scorpionmain wrote:Image
Interesting to see all those red square type containers are the ones made by Blitz, the company that was forced to close due to frivolous lawsuits.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm

I can't get over how overly concerned they seem to be with their smart phones & laptops.
–Samuel Adams

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Robert Paulson » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 pm

scorpionmain wrote:Image

I would stand in a three hour line to do that. Sure. The gov is going to come save us.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pm

:llama: At least im covered on the flashlights. :llama: But no seriously, I'm gonna go buy more flashlights and batteries. It's a sickness.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”