Hope & change means break the law

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
philbear
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by philbear » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:50 pm

U.S. federal law prohibits taxpayer funds from going to any UN agency which unilaterally recognizes Palestine as a state in contravention to international law and recognized Middle East peace negotiations.

Last October, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) voted to admit “Palestine” as a full member, essentially recognizing Palestinian statehood. The U.S. immediately cut off funding for UNESCO. However, President Obama’s budget proposal submitted last month requested $79 million dollars in taxpayer funding for UNESCO.

http://aclj.org/united-nations/obama-ad ... nds-unesco

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Hope & change means break the law

Post by kokopelli » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:04 pm

The Emperor has no set of rules.

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:11 pm

See sig line.

BlackRifle

Post by BlackRifle » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:53 pm

I hope for a change. 2012.... Anyone but oboma

Spikes 14.5 ML. LE
Spikes. SPR clone
Spikes. Pistol

Tapatalk proud.
AR-15 addict.
Spikes is my flavor of choice.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

philbear

Post by philbear » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:39 pm

can u translate that for us please, 325Mout

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 am

rules only apply to people who choose to follow them

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:41 am

I get more than that for food and medical

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:03 pm

That's ridiculous that money cannot go to groups that recognize Palestinian statehood.

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:09 pm

philbear wrote:can u translate that for us please, 325Mout
A google search just told me it means "god bless israel"

The Palestinians had land stolen from them and they have every right to have their own recognized, sovereign state.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 pm

How is it that Palestine existed before Isreal and why wouldn't this same argument apply to the Isrealis? Jeruselum was Jewish long before the Palestinians came on the scene, like 3000+ years or so, so how did the Palestinians get it from them? According to your argument, then the Jews had it stolen from them, first, by the Palestinians.

But that's OK, they're just Jews and they deserve it, right?

Wyldman on the go via Tapatalk
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Ridiculous counter argument there wyldman. And that last statement uou made is just profoundly ignorant and unneeded in a civil discussion.
The current day Palestinians had nothing to do with that land being taken from the Israelis of ancient times. So, I don't know where you get that from. Yes you can say that in biblical times, the israelis were there but that's not the rule of modern times. In the most current state of affairs (in the last hundred years or so) the Palestinians had ThT land and it's well documented that much of the land was taken from them.

According to your argument, the Israelis have a right to that land because of some sort of "manifest destiny" because the bible say they should have it?

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:22 pm

You can insult me any way you like, I couldn't really care less, and anyone can obviously see I was being sarcastic with that last statement (my wife is a Jew!).

Your arguments are just as skewed, specious, and wrong, that was the point of my post. Palestinians in particular, and many arabs in general, are all very capable of civilized thought and discussion, but thier willingness to wipe an entire people off the the face of the planet, and thier willingness to eradicate anyone else who dares to think differently than they do belies any of thier statements and speaks volumes on thier intent.

By the way, stealing in ancient times is the same as stealing in modern times, trying to argue that there is any difference is just plain unreasonable.

I will not discuss this further because there is no way you are ever going to even consider changing your opinion, any more than I will change mine.

End of discussion, you may now proceed to hate me and pile derision on me as you see fit.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:25 pm

All true, but the administration acknowledges the fact that this money cannot be spent unless Congress changes the law in question:

“The Department of State intends to work with Congress to seek legislation that would provide authority to waive restrictions on paying the U.S. assessed contributions to UNESCO,” says a footnote in the budget that the White House submitted to Congress this month…

“We have put the money in the budget, realizing that we’re not going to be able to spend the money unless we get the waiver, and we have made it clear to the Congress we’d like a waiver. So we will work with them and work with our friends and colleagues on Capitol Hill in hopes that we can work an agreement out for us to fund. UNESCO does an enormously – a lot of enormously good work, and we’d like to make sure that we have a contribution commensurate with their work,” a State Department’s deputy secretary Thomas Nides said Wednesday.

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Wyldman wrote:You can insult me any way you like, I couldn't really care less, and anyone can obviously see I was being sarcastic with that last statement (my wife is a Jew!).

Your arguments are just as skewed, specious, and wrong, that was the point of my post. Palestinians in particular, and many arabs in general, are all very capable of civilized thought and discussion, but thier willingness to wipe an entire people off the the face of the planet, and thier willingness to eradicate anyone else who dares to think differently than they do belies any of thier statements and speaks volumes on thier intent.

By the way, stealing in ancient times is the same as stealing in modern times, trying to argue that there is any difference is just plain unreasonable.

I will not discuss this further because there is no way you are ever going to even consider changing your opinion, any more than I will change mine.

End of discussion, you may now proceed to hate me and pile derision on me as you see fit.
Then, I guess you are going to give up your land here and turn it into a native American reservation, right? I mean, by your argument, they were here first and they have a right to this land.

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Old Palestine is largely Jordan, a little slice is Israel but they dare not say anything to the Jordanians because they are fellow muslims.
If they want land back take it up with Jordan.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:07 pm

The problem with the Israel/Palestine issue is that arguments on both sides are much more emotional than rational.

It's a multi-century long family feud.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Frailer wrote:The problem with the Israel/Palestine issue is that arguments on both sides are much more emotional than rational.

It's a multi-century long family feud.
I'd say it is a little more complicated than that.

[youtube]O7ByJb7QQ9U[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/O7ByJb7QQ9U
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:17 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:I'd say it is a little more complicated than that.
I'd say this reinforces my point. :llama:

philbear

Post by philbear » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”