Obamacare struck down

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Obamacare struck down

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 am

Just heard that from a friend. Trying to verify now online but it looks like the individual mandate was struck down.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Obamacare struck down

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 am

He sent me a text, but I still can't verify it. Looking at a live feed on FOX and looks like a decision has still not been announced. He is in DC, so I figured he heard something already.

maybe not....
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:23 am

Just called him. he is a moron..his words. He is listening to the radio and the broadcaster lead with "No Obamacare, what will that mean" and he thought the ruling had come down. Turns out the radio host was just surmising.

Guess we will see in a few minutes. Ruling expecting in a few minutes.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:27 am

Individual mandate was upheld according to the article i just read.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:28 am

Harb
Been liked: 0

Post by Harb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:31 am

Rem700 wrote:Individual mandate was upheld according to the article i just read.
CNN's reporting that the mandate was struck down.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 am

It was upheld

Let the layoffs begin to pay for it.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:37 am

Harb wrote:
Rem700 wrote:Individual mandate was upheld according to the article i just read.
CNN's reporting that the mandate was struck down.
CNN is wrong.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/ ... e-law?lite

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 am

Any mods want to edit the title to reflect the truth about how we just got flushed down the crapper?

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:32 am

A f******g tax
Thanks Yarmath

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 am

damn.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 am

ChopperDoc wrote:damn.

Just told my friend that I am gonna kick his ass next time I see him. He jinxed it.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Obamacare struck down

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Nice knowing you guys....

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Obamacare struck down

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Rem700 wrote:Any mods want to edit the title to reflect the truth about how we just got flushed down the crapper?
can't from my phone.

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Too bad, so sad

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Obamacare struck down

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Lio wrote:Too bad, so sad
explain...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:45 pm

guncrank1 wrote:A f******g tax
Thanks Yarmath
Doesn't effect his voters, most of them don't pay taxes.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Heard his little speech this afternoon. One of his comments was "if you are one of the ones that cant afford this healthcare we will provide vouchers or credits to supplement your costs"(not verbatim but basically what he said). Which i hear as "if you cant afford it, we will make those who can afford it for you."

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:13 pm

I'm moving to Canada.. hide out with mk..
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Yes Virginia, there are stupid people in this world.
In the past they were allowed, for the betterment of the species, to die off quickly as a result of their own stupidity. Usually they did this before breeding and passing on the stupid gene.
Now they are actively being saved from themselves and are now breeding at a furious rate and thus becoming the dominant example of our species.
And they vote.

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:52 pm

How many boxes are left?

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Obamacare struck down

Post by ssracer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Harb

Post by Harb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

325MOUTguru wrote:How many boxes are left?
"Easy, Mr. Pendalton. It's good to have your gander, but it's discipline that wins the day."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Reprinted from a wise friend:

---------------------------------

"Our Republic has always had three boxes that stand in defense of Liberty: The Soap Box, the Ballot Box and the Cartridge Box.

The Soap Box has been usurped, co-opted and rendered largely ineffective, both via the complete disregard given it by government, but also through increasing legislative and 'legal' restrictions on 'free speech', quite contrary to the prohibition placed on government by Amendment I (what a surprise).

The Ballot Box has been usurped, co-opted and rendered largely ineffectual via the false 'two-party paradigm', the main stream media (the propaganda arm of government and of 'the party') and by chicanery and manipulation of the vote and counting the vote.

The grim reality is that the only remain 'box' that has any hope of assisting in restoring the Republic is the Cartridge Box. the cartridge box, secured by Amendment II, as if set in bedrock....oh, wait...we allowed a judicial-fiat abrogation of that also, which was largely celebrated by America's gun-owners...puke, again.

Government has been and continues to be desperate to negate this 'Cartridge Box' option, via anti-constitutional legislation, pending treaties, chicanery, judicial-fiat such as Heller and McDonald along with a plethora of lower fed-court rulings, focused application of the Hegalian Dialectic and through the use of fed-gov salesmen & allies such as the NRA.

The future is grim and how this all plays out hinges upon how government proceeds. If incrementalism continues and the 'party-paradigm' remains even marginally effective, Liberty and the Republic will slowly continue to boil to death. If, on the other hand, government becomes too eager or acts in some overly abrupt manner, that may act as a catalyst or a tipping-point that causes rebellion or a revolt, which, sadly and IMO, is the only possible way to restore the Republic and restore Liberty.

Government knows this and has placed a number of anti-liberty/anti-constitution programs, executive orders and legislative acts in place to combat any revolt or uprising, or to neutralize it before it gets rolling. A police state is in place, one that has not fully been unleashed, but which has every essential element in place.

Things have simply progressed too far for voting and petition for redress of grievance to have any effect on our steady course to totalitarianism. The Globalist-Collectivist Cabal, spearheaded and represented in this nation by the 'one' party which merely has a Republican and Democrat Wing, will NEVER relinquish power or divert from their goals.

This has been in the works for a century and is now coming to fruition.

'We the people' is in effect just an antiquated phrase that holds symbolic meaning for what we once were. Our Constitution is now regularly and openly usurped, ignored and/or abrogated. 'We the people' accept it, whether willingly or grudgingly. 'We the people' rationalize & justify what is occurring and 'we the people' continue to buy into the falsity and machinations that is our 'system' of voting and 'representation'."

325MOUTguru
Location: Currently conducting operations in Chuck Norris' nightmares.

Post by 325MOUTguru » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Harb wrote:
"Easy, Mr. Pendalton. It's good to have your gander, but it's discipline that wins the day."
LMFAO

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”