Who is the boy in the basement?

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Who is the boy in the basement? Federal agents appeal for help in identifying mystery teen 'in serious danger' in chilling video
  • Extraordinary' plea to find boy in online video wearing Minnesota Twins T--shirt
    Homeland Security officials say he is in serious danger'
    But officials refuse to release further details about mystery boy seen in basement

Federal agents have launched an 'extraordinary' appeal for the public's help in identifying a mystery teenage boy who appears in an online video - and who they believe is in serious danger.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations unit has released two stills from the video and say the boy - between 13 and 19 - is in a 'dangerous environment' with several other children and at least one adult.

But the agents remain tight-lipped on the exact circumstances of the boy - refusing to say whether he has been kidnapped, is the victim of a human trafficking ring or is at risk from paedophiles.

In the pictures, the teen is appears to be in a basement and aged between 13 and 19.
He is wearing a Minnesota Twins baseball T-shirt. This is one of the few leads the agency has.
ICE believes that the recording was made within the last 18 months or two years, based on the design of the boy's T-shirt. The logo was first marketed by the baseball team in July 2010 but appears to be faded.

'We have reason to believe that this person may now live, or may have lived at one time, in either Minnesota or western Wisconsin,' ICE spokesman Shawn Neudauer told CNN.

'It is entirely possible this young man is not currently in Minnesota or Wisconsin, but has either a friend or relative in the area, or recently moved from one of those states,' he said.

It looks like he may be talking to another person - possibly an older person - off camera.

'We believe there's an adult involved in all of this,' said Mr Neudauer.

It is thought that the teen is particularly at risk because he is unable to ask for help from the police.

'If we can identify the young person involved, we suspect that we'll be able to remove a couple of young people from a dangerous environment and also, perhaps, identify an adult.'

It is not usual for ICE to issue a public appeal but they hope that the public will be able to identify the boy and help him if he is at risk.

'Issuing a public plea is an extraordinary step by ICE's Homeland Security Investigations, warranted by our belief that there may be young people at risk without the ability to ask for law enforcement's help,' he said.

The agency is not releasing any more details of the case in order to protect the child involved.

The desperate search for the boy's identity was stalled this week due to the mass media attention of the floods in southern Minnesota, but Mr Neudauer told MailOnline that a number of leads had come forward since Thursday.

However, he stresses that more information is needed so if anyone recognises the boy, they should contact the department immediately.

If you know this boy, call the ICE 24-hour tip line on 866-347-2423.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -teen.html

------------

Not sure why I am seeing this on the UK media websites and not here.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:17 pm

WTF

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: Who is the boy in the basement?

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:05 pm

I finally did find some local news channels covering it, but it's pretty sad that I had to SEARCH for it! Shouldn't it be front page news?!?!

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:07 pm

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Mandy wrote:I finally did find some local news channels covering it, but it's pretty sad that I had to SEARCH for it! Shouldn't it be front page news?!?!

you would think...
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Is anyone else having trouble viewing these links? I tried clicking on both of them and it said article could not be found both times. I am using my iPhone though so that may have something to do with it.

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Also, an interesting comment from the CNN article you posted Mandy:

Why is ICE: immigration and customs enforcement, working on locating this boy?

I hope the child is located ASAP, but I'm also very curious as to what the whole story is here? Is it a simple pedophile/kidnapping case, or is there more invved

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Lio wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble viewing these links? I tried clicking on both of them and it said article could not be found both times. I am using my iPhone though so that may have something to do with it.

page not found for me either

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Lio wrote:Also, an interesting comment from the CNN article you posted Mandy:

Why is ICE: immigration and customs enforcement, working on locating this boy?

I hope the child is located ASAP, but I'm also very curious as to what the whole story is here? Is it a simple pedophile/kidnapping case, or is there more invved
Possibly international trafficking ring? IDK but it's very strange to say the least. Hope they find the kid safe and sound for sure, but it all just seems wierd with not any real info to go on.

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 pm

I don't know why the link didn't work I will try it again, they seem to have just taken the story straight from cnn with no actual additional coverage of it on their part.

http://www.kesq.com/news/ICE-asks-publi ... index.html

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Also, if you just type in the search bar on either of the original links, "ICE boy in basement", it will bring up the story.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Good luck to the boy and the search.

Lio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Lio » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 am

Mandy wrote:I don't know why the link didn't work I will try it again, they seem to have just taken the story straight from cnn with no actual additional coverage of it on their part.

http://www.kesq.com/news/ICE-asks-publi ... index.html
Well if that's the case then I don't care to even see the local articles. I thought maybe that they would ve had more info on this story or something.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”