Indiana doctor drops a vaccine nuke on school board

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Elkins45
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Indiana doctor drops a vaccine nuke on school board

Post by Elkins45 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Nobody bitched when they made kids wear pants to school. Or shoes.

I think if Beshear came out in favor of hand washing there would be people juggling dogshit and screaming “you can’t make me.” I also think if Trump had done a big pro-mask push then Hollywood and the Democrats would have gone on a giant “We Breathe Free” anti-mask propaganda campaign.

People are willing to buy anything so long as they think the salesman is someone on their team.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:51 pm

So my question for you all is how much is too much? At what point in your world are the demands, exec orders, lock downs, masking etc. excessive? It is all perceived safety IMO. Too much skewed data on both sides so we really don't know what is real and what is a lie.

So again how much will you give up in the name of "safety for all"?

BTW....when did kids not wear pants to school? lol i must have missed that history lesson.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:58 pm

I posted this on the pit but I think it got buried too quick

What are we teaching our children?
These users liked the author PDM for the post:
Toddstang
Rating: 12.5%
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:25 pm

The irony of this whole dam thing is that China gets away with murder.

True leadership would have done something about it.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Rem700 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:51 pm
So my question for you all is how much is too much?
This is what communicable diseases do. They are takers of opportunity. If it can jump and mutate to a stronger version to more efficiency kill us in someone else, it will. It will keep jump until it has no place to jump. "Too much" was way to long ago, but we failed. We failed over misinformation and politics. If we were all vaxxed and wore masks like the scientists tell us to, this would be over but we don't believe in science....

Well, we do believe in convenient science. Science kicks ass when it takes a pizza order, beams it into space and back down to Dominos, in 4 seconds, all via a tiny device in our pockets. We dig science there. Mixing coal salt peter and, sulfur make guns go boom?? Science!! Internal combustion! Science yo! . How about that 80" TV we watch the Superbowl via more science from space.

Masks prevent the transfer of air-born particles that carry disease? Vaccines help our body build an army of antibodies to fight a disease? Are you fucking kidding me? Keep your damn witchcraft to yourself.

Science! It kicks ass when it's convenient. :llama: :llama: :llama:

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:38 pm

I disagree that this would be over. The vaccine has proved so far to not stop people from getting it, the jury is still out on if it lessens the symptoms. Masks proved ineffective as there was almost no correlation between mandates and the spread or lack there of and I partially blame that on the skewed data presented to us and what they choose and don’t choose to track. So we really don’t know.

Also this isn’t a vaccine by definition it is genome therapy and again the jury is out on effectiveness. We won’t know for years the good or bad effects or effectiveness.

On a different note, politicians will not let a crisis go to waste. So even if it was over, it wouldn’t be over.

So really you didn’t answer my question at all. You threw out some talking points and got upset about people not believing the science despite credible scientists on both sides having different opinions based on various studies.

I also understand you come from an emotional stand point on this because of your wife. That is extremely scary. I have had at least 3 times in my marriage where there was a good chance my wife could die. Not a good feeling. So I sympathize with you on that point.

I truly am not trying to argue on this for either side at this point. I just want to know others opinions and view points on it and it still amazes me how staunch people are in there belief about what this is and does despite the fact that none of us really know squat about it. Some know more than others but most of us simply know what the news and headlines told us to know.
These users liked the author Rem700 for the post:
PDM

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:51 pm

"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:02 pm

Toddstang wrote:The irony of this whole dam thing is that China gets away with murder.

True leadership would have done something about it.
Not irony. Conspiracy. Fauci, among others, funded it, and they're all trying to bury it
Tench Coxe

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by irishrob » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:51 pm

After debating it for a while, I took the vaccine because of personal reasons. If you didn’t take it, that’s your choice. Do I care? No. Work keeps flip flopping on if we have to wear a mask or not. If it’s not mandatory I don’t. That’s my choice. If you don’t, that’s your choice. People can make their own choices but then need to take personal responsibility for anything that happens to them because of that choice.
I agree they are skewing numbers to fit their agenda.
These users liked the author irishrob for the post (total 2):
PDMNiceguy
Rating: 25%

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:20 pm

I said to my boss a long time ago that personal responsibility would fix 90% of the “problems” our county has. But IMO current culture is teaching the opposite of personal responsibility. People are being conditioned to always look for an outside enemy.
These users liked the author Rem700 for the post (total 2):
irishrobPDM
Rating: 25%

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:08 pm

Rem700 wrote:I said to my boss a long time ago that personal responsibility would fix 90% of the “problems” our county has. But IMO current culture is teaching the opposite of personal responsibility. People are being conditioned to always look for an outside enemy.
That's the same problem with safety first
Tench Coxe

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:21 pm

The mask that 99% of the population are forced to wear will not stop the spread (or stop you from catching) of an airborne virus like this covid variant.
Has anyone else but myself taken Hazmat respirator tests?
The masks even do little to stop harmful airborne particles.
Go into a ventilated room and paint for one hour with a regular mask on and then go blow your nose. What ever color you painted is going to be in your snot rag.
The masks don't do shit. Pants and shoes do.
These users liked the author Toddstang for the post:
PDM

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:40 pm

An n95 mask properly fitted is pretty dang good at keeping stuff out
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:41 pm

I've been fitted for respirators too
Tench Coxe

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:42 pm

The typical mask people wear are little more than thick t-shirt material. Even good medical grades are only rated for 4-6 hours of use before replace. I have a GOOD 3M full mask with N95+ filters, I could paint/sand for an hour and not smell a thing till I take it off. It's HOT, UNCOMFORTABLE and EXPENSIVE. Few would buy one just for work, much less wear it in public.
Attachments
3mmask.jpg
3mmask.jpg (92.9 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
These users liked the author nemo for the post:
PDM
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:05 pm

Tench Coxe

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”