Born in Kenya...

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Born in Kenya...

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu May 17, 2012 6:51 pm

From Obama's literary agency...

oops?

"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: Born in Kenya...

Post by Ian » Thu May 17, 2012 7:23 pm

:FACEPALM:
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu May 17, 2012 7:41 pm

... yep

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Born in Kenya...

Post by ssracer » Thu May 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Source?

Harleyx2
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Harleyx2 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:56 pm

It was on Drudge, so it has to be a lie.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu May 17, 2012 7:58 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu May 17, 2012 10:30 pm

LMAO!

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 pm

ssracer wrote:Source?

Breitbart.com on Thursday published part of what it says is a 1991 promotional booklet from Barack Obama’s then-literary agency, describing the the future president as “born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.”

The 36-page Acton & Dystel booklet was reportedly distributed to “‘business colleagues’ in the publishing industry,” according to Breitbart, and includes a short biography of Obama and 89 other authors. Obama’s biography features a brief mention of his anticipated first book, “Journeys in Black and White,” which he never completed:

Jay Acton, who no longer represents Obama, told Breitbart News “almost nobody” wrote their own biography for the booklet, though said the non-athletes whom “the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis“ were ”probably” approached to approve the text.

Acton’s former partner Jane Dystel still lists Obama as a literary client, but did not respond to Breitbart’s requests for comment.

The text editor of the booklet, Miriam Goderich, also did not return requests for comment, though booklet designer Richard Bellsey told Breitbart it “sounds like one of our jobs, like I did for [Acton & Dystel] 20 years ago or more.”

(Editor’s note: Goderich has since said the biographical line was “nothing more than a fact checking error.”)

In a “senior management” note, Breitbart.com stated it is “a site that has never advocated the narrative of ‘Birtherism.’ In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.”

The booklet, the post stated, is evidence “not of the President’s foreign origin, but that Barack Obama’s public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.”

Read Breitbart News’ full report here. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... sia-Hawaii
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Next you know he going to be 1/32 Cherokee.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Born in Kenya...

Post by justang1997 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:09 am

WLJ wrote:Next you know he going to be 1/32 Cherokee.
He's probably more "Indian" than native american.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri May 18, 2012 12:18 pm

justang1997 wrote:
WLJ wrote:Next you know he going to be 1/32 Cherokee.
He's probably more "Indian" than native american.
That was in reference to the Elizabeth Warren stuff that came up where they found out she got into 2 high end colleges by listing herself as Native American. Closest anybody could tell, she could be remotely possibly 1/32 Cherokee. She's Whiter than most whites.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm

yeah, i been lmao at Glenn Beck everyday about that story. Seems like the "Birthers" always get laughed at because there are so many conspiracy nuts mixed in with them, but I honestly don't know what to think about it. I lean toward him being born in Hawaii but who knows. Its so easy to fake documents and records from so long ago. This does go to show one of two things: either Obama knew of this and made no objections to it because it was true, or Obama knew of this being incorrect and purposefully didn't have it changed so he could ride the "successful immigrant" fame train.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Sun May 20, 2012 4:29 am

it will never go any farther than the news anyway
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Sun May 20, 2012 7:27 am

justang1997 wrote:yeah, i been lmao at Glenn Beck everyday about that story. Seems like the "Birthers" always get laughed at because there are so many conspiracy nuts mixed in with them, but I honestly don't know what to think about it. I lean toward him being born in Hawaii but who knows. Its so easy to fake documents and records from so long ago. This does go to show one of two things: either Obama knew of this and made no objections to it because it was true, or Obama knew of this being incorrect and purposefully didn't have it changed so he could ride the "successful immigrant" fame train.

Either way its a joke. To much bs already and election is just around the corner.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:43 am

Well maybe one day in the future we will know the truth and if it co
Es out be was born in Kenya, then Maybe every piece of legislation with his name on it will be reversed? I guess that's just me hoping for change.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sun May 20, 2012 4:01 pm

WND has been reporting on this- he also claimed Kenyan birth in 2003

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Sun May 20, 2012 4:55 pm

if there is one thing we DO know about him is that he will "claim" anything at any time to gain the backing of whatever his audience

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 pm

justang1997 wrote:yeah, i been lmao at Glenn Beck everyday about that story. Seems like the "Birthers" always get laughed at because there are so many conspiracy nuts mixed in with them, but I honestly don't know what to think about it. I lean toward him being born in Hawaii but who knows. Its so easy to fake documents and records from so long ago. This does go to show one of two things: either Obama knew of this and made no objections to it because it was true, or Obama knew of this being incorrect and purposefully didn't have it changed so he could ride the "successful immigrant" fame train.
Just to set the facts straight, Glenn Beck has never been a "birther". His official stance seems to be that the guy was born in Hawaii. He said recently about this issue that he believes, since Obama was unknown at the time, that they used this bipgraphical story about him being born in Kenya to make him more marketable to his audience. Made the mystique better for the dumb asses that would read his book I suppose.

If he was not born in Kenya, he has pretended to be when that purpose suits him.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Born in Kenya...

Post by justang1997 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 am

ChopperDoc wrote:
Just to set the facts straight, Glenn Beck has never been a "birther". His official stance seems to be that the guy was born in Hawaii. He said recently about this issue that he believes, since Obama was unknown at the time, that they used this bipgraphical story about him being born in Kenya to make him more marketable to his audience. Made the mystique better for the dumb asses that would read his book I suppose.

If he was not born in Kenya, he has pretended to be when that purpose suits him.
Yeah maybe what I meant to say want very clear. Glenn Beck is one who laughs at the "birthers". I get about an hour of GB daily on my drive home.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Born in Kenya...

Post by justang1997 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:55 am

Just the other day he was talking about how when Clinton started the whole birth issue he had Stu (I think) try and research it for a month and see if there was anything to it. He said there wasn't so from that point on he hasn't been a "birther". But seems kinda dumb to me to dismiss this when STUFF IS STILL COMING OUT 3 YEARS LATER!!! I mean seriously? Obama has fueled this fire by not showing the birth cert right away and by marrying an america hater and listening to hate america speech every sunday and calling it church. I don't care where Obama was born, he isn't very american in my eyes.
John McCain wasn't even born on US soil but he is (obviously) 10 times the patriot obama is, even though I don't like his politics either.
The born in US requirement for president assumes that someone who is born here will be loyal to the US but nowadays its so easy to be a citizen of the world I don't think that applies any longer.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon May 21, 2012 11:23 am

justang1997 wrote:Just the other day he was talking about how when Clinton started the whole birth issue he had Stu (I think) try and research it for a month and see if there was anything to it. He said there wasn't so from that point on he hasn't been a "birther". But seems kinda dumb to me to dismiss this when STUFF IS STILL COMING OUT 3 YEARS LATER!!! I mean seriously? Obama has fueled this fire by not showing the birth cert right away and by marrying an america hater and listening to hate america speech every sunday and calling it church. I don't care where Obama was born, he isn't very american in my eyes.
John McCain wasn't even born on US soil but he is (obviously) 10 times the patriot obama is, even though I don't like his politics either.
The born in US requirement for president assumes that someone who is born here will be loyal to the US but nowadays its so easy to be a citizen of the world I don't think that applies any longer.

Agreed.

Too much smoke around this issue not to be a fire somewhere. And you are right on about his anti-America sentiment, regardless of where he was born.

If he was born here, he fraudulently stated that he was not to go to school as well as get other perks.

bastard.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”