Are they starting to get the hint?

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Are they starting to get the hint?

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:31 am

I give them a week, a month at the most, before they go right back to being the same old NYT.
I hope I'm wrong about that though and that they finally took eating crow this election to heart. At least until Chelsea announces her candidacy.

New York Times publisher vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... estly.html
The publisher of The New York Times penned a letter to readers Friday promising that the paper would “reflect” on its coverage of this year’s election while rededicating itself to reporting on “America and the world” honestly.

Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr., the paper’s embattled publisher, appealed to Times readers for their continued support.

“We cannot deliver the independent, original journalism for which we are known without the loyalty of our subscribers,” the letter states.

Letter to NYT readers from Arthur Sulzberger Jr. and Dean Baquet pic.twitter.com/jORqzx3BA9
— Sydney Ember (@melbournecoal) November 11, 2016

New York Post columnist and former Times reporter Michael Goodwin wrote, "because it (The Times) demonized Trump from start to finish, it failed to realize he was onto something. And because the paper decided that Trump’s supporters were a rabble of racist rednecks and homophobes, it didn’t have a clue about what was happening in the lives of the Americans who elected the new president.

Sulzbergers letter was released after the paper’s public editor, Liz Spayd, took the paper to task for its election coverage. She pointed out how its polling feature Upshot gave Hillary Clinton an 84 percent chance as voters went to the polls.

She compared stories that the paper ran about President-elect Donald Trump and Clinton, where the paper made Clinton look functional and organized and the Trump discombobulated.

The NYT would do well to plant some roots in Red America https://t.co/HDd4SFJqtq
— Liz Spayd (@spaydl) November 9, 2016

Spayd wrote, “Readers are sending letters of complaint at a rapid rate. Here’s one that summed up the feelings succinctly, from Kathleen Casey of Houston: “Now, that the world has been upended and you are all, to a person, in a state of surprise and shock, you may want to consider whether you should change your focus from telling the reader what and how to think, and instead devote yourselves to finding out what the reader (and nonreaders) actually think.”

She wrote about another reader who asked that the paper should focus on the electorate instead of “pushing the limited agenda of your editors.”

“Please come down from your New York City skyscraper and join the rest of us.”

Sulzberger—who insisted that the paper covered both candidates fairly-- also sent a note to staffers on Friday reminding the newsroom to “give the news impartially, without fear or favor.”

“But we also approach the incoming Trump administration without bias,” he said.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Are they starting to get the hint?

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:35 pm

My gut says this is lip service.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:My gut says this is lip service.
Exactly!
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Mine too. They need to hire a new editorial staff if they want to curb the bias.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:26 pm

It says in the quoted text they still think they "covered both candidates fairly". They still even in this false title of a story can't see they were not only biased but very very very wrong about the drivel they were spewing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:11 pm

This is used as bullshit to gather views just like everything else they put out.
:llama:

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Shit paper. Too rough to whip my ass with

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”