I am going to vote for Trump.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: I am going to vote for Trump.

Post by Vividia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:48 pm

The media used to be referred to as the fourth estate, and their role in a free society was to report the "who,what when and where." It was up to us, the citizens to arrive at conclusions and personal opinions on the new of the day. Editorials were limited to the op-ed page of the newspaper. News organizations were separate from the entertainment divisions, and were not expected to turn a profit. They were "above" all that. Their mandate was to report and inform, nothing more.

Later "why" got added in, news departments had to turn profits, sensationalism sold advertising and editorializing of the news became the norm. Every reporter that came of age after Woodward and Bernstein believed that their reason for being was to tell the masses how they should think, feel and vote. We are now too dumb to act by ourselves.

With the way the media trashes every candidate that disagrees with their point of view, why would any truly qualified, gifted and civic minded person want to run for high office and expose themselves to it?

Who among us does not have at least one skeleton in the closet? Let ye among you who is without sin cast the first stone no longer applies. Stones will be cast according to the whim of the media, who will likewise act to cover up sins of those of whom they approve.

What wonderful leaders have we been denied due to the media bias and meddling?

So, the result - we are left with one candidate who doesn't care what the media thinks, another who is being protected by them, and a fringe hanger on who doesn't seems to know what day it is.

A pitiful state of affairs, indeed.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Well said vividia! Sad thing is there is so much that is fubar besides the media, and the truth is so muddled I don't think anyone could orienteer our way back. I keep thinking a lights out event would be a Godsend, and probabbly the most mercifull outcome to the course we are on.

Bama
Been liked: 0

Post by Bama » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:48 am

Commonwealth Kydex
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Bama wrote:Image

Commonwealth Kydex
Lmao

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:56 am

IMG_4289.JPG
IMG_4289.JPG (73.08 KiB) Viewed 794 times

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:02 am

Damm Dude, sometimes I think he is trying to lose the election. Tne debate tonight should be a Jerry Springer show.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:22 am

He said that like 11 years ago. Meanwhile in the past year while campaigning Hillary has called Americans losers, deplorable etc

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

I am going to vote for Trump.

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:06 am

And, she has attacked and suppressed Slick Willy's rape victims! People get outraged for the dumbest reasons, then don't when there is actual cause for outrage. One guy utters some locker room bs 10 years ago. Outrage! One guy actually assault or rapes several women. Nothing. Has to do the the D or R next to their name. The game is rigged boys.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”