Niners QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem in protest

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Niners QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem in prot

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Doing this shit publicly should be grounds for renouncing your citizenship.

See, I don't agree. The country was founded for freedom of religion and includes freedom of speech, etc. I am ok with him stating his mind and doing it. I don't appreciate it the forum he does it in, nor the spotlight, and do I think it is anti-American? Yes!!!! but that's what people have fought and died for...his right to be allowed to do it.

A privileged person like himself growing up with what he had and now making millions doing what he does and offering himself up as a role model to others...hypocritical.
Probably like if we had a POTUS doing the same thing....

Do I think he should try and find a home more suitable for himself where he and his people will be treated great...sure. With his money he can take himself and a lot of others to the promised land...wherever that is.

Do I think that if I were in a defensive lineman's role, would I throw a few extra jabs to get to him or to take him out...yes. Not sure why that doesn't happen though. Sack that sucker.
He doesn't get extra "jabs" because he isn't even a starter anymore. Go check the pictures of him out on google, it's hilarious how clean cut and smiling he was shortly ago and now looks like a Syrian no fly list candidate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
naw, he probably gets off on how many times he sees his name has been googled. Let him fade into obscurity.
I love the irony in one of the most violent on and off the field sports there is to be so upset over police brutality lol. Woman beaters and junkies galore.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Whatever happen to free speech?
Perry, however, called the act of using the jersey as a stomping mat “racist” and is calling for a boycott of the bar. He posted a picture of taped-down jersey which has since been shared over 5,800 times on the social media platform. He says Krossroads has now lost a loyal customer.
Virginia Beach restaurant under fire for using Kaepernick jersey as doormat
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/09/ ... s-doormat/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Scumbag punk's jersey > Stars and Stripes

SMH
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:37 pm

WLJ wrote:Whatever happen to free speech?
Perry, however, called the act of using the jersey as a stomping mat “racist” and is calling for a boycott of the bar. He posted a picture of taped-down jersey which has since been shared over 5,800 times on the social media platform. He says Krossroads has now lost a loyal customer.
That's the irony as I keep pointing out with these people. It is freedom of speech and expression for Kaepernick to make a statement and his right but if you disagree and have your own message then we need to boycott you and shame you for being racist. It's such a dill in word for them I bet they interchange it with things that are uunrelated. "I got a flat tire, damn racist tire".

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:38 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
That's the irony as I keep pointing out with these people. It is freedom of speech and expression for Kaepernick to make a statement and his right but if you disagree and have your own message then we need to boycott you and shame you for being racist. It's such a dill in word for them I bet they interchange it with things that are uunrelated. "I got a flat tire, damn racist tire".

You're just blaming the tire because it was black. :llama:
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:47 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

African American auto rubber apparatus, asshole!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I keep looking on the map but I can't find it. Where is Africa America?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I keep looking on the map but I can't find it. Where is Africa America?
Right next to urkmenastan bro.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:53 pm

Turn left at Albuquerque?

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Rubber is a slang term that is both derogatory and racist
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:15 pm

PDM wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Rubber is a slang term that is both derogatory and racist
That's redundant, anything I say can be considered racist.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:59 am

NFL tries to reassure teams as TV ratings drop
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/10/0 ... -drop.html

The National Football League has sent a memo to team owners seeking to ease concerns about the ratings decline that has hit football this fall.

Through the first four weeks of the season, NFL viewership has declined 11 percent, and among the crucial adults 18-49 demographic that advertisers covet, ratings are down 12 percent.

“While our partners, like us, would have liked to see higher ratings, they remain confident in the NFL and unconcerned about a long-term issue,” the letter from NFL senior executives Brian Rolapp and Howard Katz said, adding that over the last 15 years, ratings viewership has grown 27 percent and that football “continues to be far and away the most powerful programming on television and the best place for brands and advertisers.”

he league said the large drop in ratings for prime-time games on ESPN, CBS and NBC is likely because of “unprecedented interest in the Presidential election.” On Sunday afternoons, the audience for Fox News, CNN and MSNBC has increased as well, and the league believes that is cutting into those games. The letter also cited the 2000 election as another time when NFL ratings took a hit due to coverage of the race between George Bush and Al Gore and the subsequent legal battle over the results.

As for a potential backlash by some viewers angered at players not standing for the national anthem to protest of police brutality, the NFL said it sees no evidence to that being a factor in declining ratings: “In fact, our own data shows that the perception of the NFL and its players is actually up in 2016.”

The NFL said it was issuing the memo to all the teams in response to media inquiries about the decline in ratings. Long seen as invincible against the trends and changing media habits that have negatively affected other programming, network executives and advertisers have been scrambling to figure out if this is a short-term blip because of political news or the start of a long-term trend.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:57 am

WLJ wrote:Image

The National Football League has sent a memo to team owners seeking to ease concerns about the ratings decline that has hit football this fall.

Through the first four weeks of the season, NFL viewership has declined 11 percent, and among the crucial adults 18-49 demographic that advertisers covet, ratings are down 12 percent.

“While our partners, like us, would have liked to see higher ratings, they remain confident in the NFL and unconcerned about a long-term issue,” the letter from NFL senior executives Brian Rolapp and Howard Katz said, adding that over the last 15 years, ratings viewership has grown 27 percent and that football “continues to be far and away the most powerful programming on television and the best place for brands and advertisers.”

he league said the large drop in ratings for prime-time games on ESPN, CBS and NBC is likely because of “unprecedented interest in the Presidential election.” On Sunday afternoons, the audience for Fox News, CNN and MSNBC has increased as well, and the league believes that is cutting into those games. The letter also cited the 2000 election as another time when NFL ratings took a hit due to coverage of the race between George Bush and Al Gore and the subsequent legal battle over the results.

As for a potential backlash by some viewers angered at players not standing for the national anthem to protest of police brutality, the NFL said it sees no evidence to that being a factor in declining ratings: “In fact, our own data shows that the perception of the NFL and its players is actually up in 2016.”

The NFL said it was issuing the memo to all the teams in response to media inquiries about the decline in ratings. Long seen as invincible against the trends and changing media habits that have negatively affected other programming, network executives and advertisers have been scrambling to figure out if this is a short-term blip because of political news or the start of a long-term trend.
I rarely watch anymore. A lot of reason I typically catch it is because it is at most places with tvs that I frequent like pubs but at home I've seen a few games only and they were recorded and ff'd through. I could easily do without it if I had motorcycle and car racing year round.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:28 pm

WLJ wrote:Image

Great comments as usual. Arguments of high internet intellectual minds. :-0

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:53 pm

The most recent comments are more accurate.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:08 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ident.html
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, 29, has NEVER registered to vote
Sacramento Bee has found that Kaepernick has never registered to vote
He turned 18 in 2005, but did not register in either California or Nevada, where he attended college

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:04 pm

And you're surprised?

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Good lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:06 pm

rustynuts wrote:And you're surprised?
Nope, I would bet 95%+ of the biggest whiners never vote

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:32 pm

WLJ wrote:
rustynuts wrote:And you're surprised?
Nope, I would bet 95%+ of the biggest whiners never vote
Most of the ones arrested didn't vote
Tench Coxe

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”