6 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

6 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:46 am

Here we go again
Police received a call of "suspicious person walking down Airline Highway with an assault rifle," the source said. When police arrived, the man opened fire.
7 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton- ... index.html

Edit: updated the number shot in the title to 6
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: 7 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge

Post by jmeister » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:58 pm

of course it'll be the gun's fault

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: 6 officers shot; 3 feared dead in Baton Rouge

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:34 pm

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/0 ... ng-update/
“I walked out into the street to see what was going on, there was a man lying in the street,” the witness said. “I assume he was dead because he wasn’t moving.”

The witness tells us the shooting started before police arrived.

“This was not a come at police shooting,” the witness said. “There were men out here shooting at each other before police ever got here.”
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Sounds staged
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:42 pm

To draw in the police
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:Sounds staged
I agree...
Gunsmokin wrote:To draw in the police

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:21 pm

To draw in the maximum number of police

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:07 pm

I just talking to a friend of mi e who is a retired JCPO and she was concerned that all this stuff could lead to a race war. And she is not a III % or a member of any conservative type organizations.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:45 pm

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... d-n2193916
The deceased suspect in the deadly shooting of Baton Rouge law enforcement officers appeared to have attacked police on his 29th birthday, CBS News has learned.

The suspect has been identified as a black male named Gavin Eugene Long of Kansas City, Missouri, sources tell CBS News. He was born on July 17, 1987.

One suspect was killed and two others might still be at large, Casey Rayborn Hicks, a spokeswoman for the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office, previously said. However, Louisiana state police said Sunday afternoon there is "no active shooter" in Baton Rouge.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:51 pm

guncrank1 wrote:I just talking to a friend of mi e who is a retired JCPO and she was concerned that all this stuff could lead to a race war. And she is not a III % or a member of any conservative type organizations.
You don't have to a member of a conservative organization to read the writing on the wall.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Al Sharpton visiting the White House on 86 different occasions during B.O.'s administration might be representative of Government collusion to magnify Racism and spotlight it, center stage, in the Political Arena.
To me this is all politically driven, not a grass roots movement. Big difference as it is all coming from the top down. The real cause of percieved racial inequality is the Party and politicians that perpetuate the American Ghetto.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Looks like he use a Tavor

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:12 am

Ban all bullpups!

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:39 am

rustynuts wrote:Ban all bullpups!
Bann all bulls and pups to make sure you get it all!
Using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 am

The last two purposed big ban bills banned Tavors by name not by feature. I would expect the next one will too. It's for the children after all.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:20 am

WLJ wrote:The last two purposed big ban bills banned Tavors by name not by feature. I would expect the next one will too. It's for the children after all.
When a gun as expensive and relatively uncommon as the Tavor is mentioned by name in a bill to ban guns and then is suddenly used to kill cops it makes me itchy under my tin foil...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:29 am

ssracer wrote:
WLJ wrote:The last two purposed big ban bills banned Tavors by name not by feature. I would expect the next one will too. It's for the children after all.
When a gun as expensive and relatively uncommon as the Tavor is mentioned by name in a bill to ban guns and then is suddenly used to kill cops it makes me itchy under my tin foil...
Tavors go for 1,500 to 1,600 which in the same ball park as many piston ARs
The Orlando shooter use an MCX which is also up there in price.
The Dickwad in Dallas used a Saiga 5.45 with mods which aren't exactly cheap right now either.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 am

I thought tavors were over 2k...shows how much I know about them....lol. Still, in comparison to an AR, both the tavor and the sig are "rarer" firearms.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:00 am

ssracer wrote:I thought tavors were over 2k...shows how much I know about them....lol. Still, in comparison to an AR, both the tavor and the sig are "rarer" firearms.
The IDF model was over 2k but it came with a ~$500 optic installed.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:21 am

Gavin Long suffered from PTSD, source tells CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/health/ga ... index.html

Which brings this up
The scary little detail in Obama’s executive gun action everyone is missing
http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/what- ... e-you-sick

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:28 am

ssracer wrote:I thought tavors were over 2k...shows how much I know about them....lol. Still, in comparison to an AR, both the tavor and the sig are "rarer" firearms.

Only rare because people wanting to buy them around here are scarce. No one stocks them much because of the price point and everyone now wants a ar or ak. Plus no distributor has had them in stock routinely. My LGS can't find a Scar17 to save the world. He has 3 or 4 people wanting them and none in his distribution system.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:34 am

Dave1965 wrote:

Only rare because people wanting to buy them around here are scarce. No one stocks them much because of the price point and everyone now wants a ar or ak. Plus no distributor has had them in stock routinely. My LGS can't find a Scar17 to save the world. He has 3 or 4 people wanting them and none in his distribution system.
Tell that to 111, they can hardly keep one on the wall. Problem they've had is getting the black ones since they sell out at the distributor quicker. Sales of both models have been way above projections and IWI has had trouble keeping production up with sales and is expanding.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:04 am

WLJ wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:

Tell that to 111, they can hardly keep one on the wall. Problem they've had is getting the black ones since they sell out at the distributor quicker. Sales of both models have been way above projections and IWI has had trouble keeping production up with sales and is expanding.

well I am speaking of my local guys. I don't get to the stores around you or lex as much as I used to. Darn having to work and all!!

Then it goes to the distributorship like the FN SCAR17. My LGS places do talk about that shortage of "most all guns" problem daily and was worse around the beginning of the year due to their not wanting to pay tax on inventory.

Since Ruger dropped the price on the LCP to 199, my locals can't get those guns because all the big stores have hovered them up to run as "SPECIALS" yet the price is now 199 forever.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:05 am

Damn gun control talks ramps up the sales even more and not only the black evil guns...all guns

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:

well I am speaking of my local guys. I don't get to the stores around you or lex as much as I used to. Darn having to work and all!!

Then it goes to the distributorship like the FN SCAR17. My LGS places do talk about that shortage of "most all guns" problem daily and was worse around the beginning of the year due to their not wanting to pay tax on inventory.

Since Ruger dropped the price on the LCP to 199, my locals can't get those guns because all the big stores have hovered them up to run as "SPECIALS" yet the price is now 199 forever.
Yup. When shit starts flying off shelves, the smaller shops are the ones that get screwed trying to get anything because they don't have the bulk buying power of the bigger guys. Same goes for parts sourcing for smaller manufacturers.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”