Another intervention gone wrong

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Another intervention gone wrong

Post by kokopelli » Tue May 03, 2016 12:01 pm

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Another intervention gone wrong

Post by PDM » Tue May 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Terrible. Sad. Avoidable
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Dang.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Wow. If it aint about you, dont get involved.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue May 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Ask any police officer, domestics can be some of the most unpredictable situations to get involve in
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:13 pm

As I have said for years CDWL is for your protection . Does not make you a cop.

Good example of that right here in town.

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by ken6881 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Rem700 wrote:Wow. If it aint about you, dont get involved.
I know this will buck the trend but I find that hard to do armed or not if a woman or child is involved. Don't get me wrong if I decide it needs to get someone involved it's a 911 call then do what has to be done. Only been in two situations where I got involved one was just telling the victim to drive away the other getting a college student on u of l campus off what I assume was his girlfriend. Both ended in an arrest.
Ky CCDW Instructor

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:41 pm

ken6881 wrote:
I know this will buck the trend but I find that hard to do armed or not if a woman or child is involved. Don't get me wrong if I decide it needs to get someone involved it's a 911 call then do what has to be done. Only been in two situations where I got involved one was just telling the victim to drive away the other getting a college student on u of l campus off what I assume was his girlfriend. Both ended in an arrest.
I agree. It would not be easy and many times depending on the situation i may or may not take my own advice. But at the end of the day I have to make it home to those who depend on me.

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by ken6881 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Rem700 wrote:
ken6881 wrote:
I agree. It would not be easy and many times depending on the situation i may or may not take my own advice. But at the end of the day I have to make it home to those who depend on me.
I agree there if i feel there is a serious danger to my life if I got involved then it would have to be a sit and wait kind of deal. It would be worrible watching something bad happen but it would be worse my children watching six men carry me to a grave.
Ky CCDW Instructor

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 03, 2016 3:07 pm

ken6881 wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
ken6881 wrote:
I agree there if i feel there is a serious danger to my life if I got involved then it would have to be a sit and wait kind of deal. It would be worrible watching something bad happen but it would be worse my children watching six men carry me to a grave.
As a kid who's dad died when I was 12, I would say smart move on your sides would to be avoid and go home to your kids.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”