An American Hero Attacked at Home

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 102 times

An American Hero Attacked at Home

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Watch the video. Surprised this even made FOX news.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/23/2- ... tcmp=hpbt2
Two suspects have been arrested in the brutal beating of an Iraq War veteran outside a McDonald’s in Washington, D.C., FOX 5 reported Tuesday.

Police arrested a 17-year-old male and a 17-year-old female suspected of participating in the attack on Marine vet Christopher Marquez on Feb. 12. The male was charged with aggravated assault and the female was charged with robbery, according to the Marine Corps Times. The names of the suspects have not been released.

Authorities said a third suspect has been identified in the assault, though that person is not in custody, FOX 5 reported.

Marquez, 30, said the incident began when he was accosted by a group of teens while he was eating in the back corner of a McDonald’s restaurant.

“And they stopped at my table, and they went around my table in a group. Almost like confronting me,” Marquez told “Fox & Friends.” “And they were asking me about the movement, if I thought black lives matter. And I was ignoring them because they were actually just trying to intimidate me. It just seemed like they just wanted confrontation and I wasn’t going to play along with that. I just wanted to eat my food and leave. And then they started calling me a racist.”

When Marquez left the restaurant, several members of the group attacked him.

Surveillance video of the assault shows one individual walk up close behind Marquez and bash him in the back of the head, immediately knocking him to the sidewalk. Other members of the group appear to kick Marquez before someone tears his wallet from his pants.

“It was a hate crime,” said Marquez, who was treated for head trauma at George Washington University Hospital. “They targeted me because of my skin color.”

The thieves ended up stealing $400 in cash, three credit cards and a VA medical card from Marquez, who earned a Bronze Star during his time in the Marine Corps from 2003 to 2011. After he left the Marines, Marquez made an unsuccessful bid for a California congressional seat in 2014. He now studies at American University in Washington, D.C.

A GoFundMe campaign to raise money for Marquez has reached $34,277 in six days.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: An American Hero Attacked at Home

Post by Rem700 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Asked about BLM. Taunted and called racist. Attacked by black youth. Yep def not a "hate" crime. Must be a love crime.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Crime is crime. Never heard of a love crime. Hope these people experience something terrible. I have no use for them and neither does society.

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:23 am

Shows exactly what the whole "blm" movement is about .

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:12 am

Red or yellow, black or white, Christian, Jew, or Muslim, rich or poor...

People *love* to play the victim.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:29 am

Frailer wrote:Red or yellow, black or white, Christian, Jew, or Muslim, rich or poor...

People *love* to play the victim.
I'm a victim of soicumstanc. Nyuk nyuk nyuk
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:36 am

Decorated former Marine Christian Marquez wasn’t the only Iraq War vet brutally beaten in an attack on Feb. 12 in Washington, D.C..

Not far from where Marquez was assaulted on that frigid night, Michael Schroeder, 35, was dragged between two cars in the Glover Park neighborhood and brutally beaten, his family told WUSA9. Police found him face down with his head beaten up and his cash missing.
Second Iraq War veteran brutally beaten in Washington DC attack
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/26/se ... tcmp=hpbt4
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:54 am

WLJ wrote:
Decorated former Marine Christian Marquez wasn’t the only Iraq War vet brutally beaten in an attack on Feb. 12 in Washington, D.C..

Not far from where Marquez was assaulted on that frigid night, Michael Schroeder, 35, was dragged between two cars in the Glover Park neighborhood and brutally beaten, his family told WUSA9. Police found him face down with his head beaten up and his cash missing.
Can't turn off your radar and walk with blinders on. I know anything can happen at anytime but some of these stories I read are groups of people approaching them and giving verbal threats for minutes before attacks and not one of these guys are carrying it seems to at least make them retreat from the sight of it being brandished or shooting one of the assailants.

dgara12
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Post by dgara12 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:02 am

What gets me about the video of the attack on the 1st marine is that people are watching the attack and doing nothing.
One person is even having a cigarette. The bystanders faces were blurred out on the video I saw earlier when they were looking for the suspects. I guess so they could avoid being embarrassed about doing absolutely nothing to help the victim.
Its really sad no matter who's getting their ass kicked to watch that. I would like to think I might have at least yelled I'm calling the police or something. Those bystanders are pretty much garbage just like the attackers.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:54 am

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:

Can't turn off your radar and walk with blinders on. I know anything can happen at anytime but some of these stories I read are groups of people approaching them and giving verbal threats for minutes before attacks and not one of these guys are carrying it seems to at least make them retreat from the sight of it being brandished or shooting one of the assailants.
what he said
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:57 am

dgara12 wrote:What gets me about the video of the attack on the 1st marine is that people are watching the attack and doing nothing.
One person is even having a cigarette. The bystanders faces were blurred out on the video I saw earlier when they were looking for the suspects. I guess so they could avoid being embarrassed about doing absolutely nothing to help the victim.
Its really sad no matter who's getting their ass kicked to watch that. I would like to think I might have at least yelled I'm calling the police or something. Those bystanders are pretty much garbage just like the attackers.
In this litigious society we are in, the bystanders have more to lose by getting involved in reality and it puts your own legal burden battle your morals. Some people like to think they would help no matter what but your own safety and being sued for hurting a "good boy getting his life together" outweighs it sometimes in reality.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:00 am

I say that with all due embarrassment of what this country has become. Criminals break into homes and get shot and somehow the homeowner gets charged civil and criminal charges. I am appalled at the audacity to even give that case the light of day but they lose thaem sometimes in reality which infuriates me.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:05 am

jackalo626 wrote:I am appalled at the audacity to even give that case the light of day.
Means more money for lawyers.
I am nearly convinced that most of our current problems is caused by lawyer greed.
And guess who is in govt to a large degree writing and passing many of the laws making this possible? Lawyers.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”