"No Fly Lists" and other BS

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

"No Fly Lists" and other BS

Post by Frailer » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 pm

To my knowledge there is only one right so precious that it is guaranteed by the Constitution *twice*:

5th Amendment:
No person shall...be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...

14th Amendment:
...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

The fact that We the People allowed a so-called "no fly list" to come into being is an embarrassment. That we're thinking about further expanding its scope is absolutely unacceptable.

No. Just no.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: "No Fly Lists" and other BS

Post by Wyldman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:28 am

Amen, brother!
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:52 pm

We have completely lost sight of the principles upon which we were founded.

And the Republicans are every bit as bad as the Democrats on this point.

I think I'm going to convert to Islam, start flying a Confederate flag from my pickup, donate to Planned Parenthood, join the Tea Party, get a Che Guevara tattoo, and start watching Fox News.

That way *everybody* can just kiss my ass.

baknblack

Post by baknblack » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:27 am

As bad as the media is through all this. Fox was the only one who had a columnist calling everyone out on their BS mass shooting statistics.

Edit: but, he probably has been fired, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re:

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:40 am

baknblack wrote:As bad as the media is through all this. Fox was the only one who had a columnist calling everyone out on their BS mass shooting statistics.

Edit: but, he probably has been fired, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Fox will usually keep him/her. CNN, ABC, and especially MSNBC will have them duct taped and shipped off to a reeducation facility where he'll come out talking like Piers Morgan.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Frailer wrote:We have completely lost sight of the principles upon which we were founded.

And the Republicans are every bit as bad as the Democrats on this point.

I think I'm going to convert to Islam, start flying a Confederate flag from my pickup, donate to Planned Parenthood, join the Tea Party, get a Che Guevara tattoo, and start watching Fox News.

That way *everybody* can just kiss my ass.
on the plus side you wouldn't have to worry about home security because you'd have multiple government agencies watching your home at all times :llama:

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:17 am

Frailer wrote:To my knowledge there is only one right so precious that it is guaranteed by the Constitution *twice*:

5th Amendment:
No person shall...be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...

14th Amendment:
...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law

The fact that We the People allowed a so-called "no fly list" to come into being is an embarrassment. That we're thinking about further expanding its scope is absolutely unacceptable.

No. Just no.

We let it come in the same way the entire Patriot Act did. Repubs loved it when "their guy" was in office and Dems (a few) hated it. Then when a DEM got in office the Dems were okay with it but the Repubs hated it. So we still have most, if not all, of it plus some new riders via the super secret kangaroo courts which approve the no fly lists.

People who are generally getting by okay on life are to busy to get involved with politics more than just bitching at the evening news and voting continually for "their guy" or the lesser of two evils because that is what they are programmed to do. They will change nothing this way and the ruling class knows it.

Sadly it will be no different when we elect a Repub to the POTUS slot next year.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:07 am

here is a link to the 2013 no fly list https://theintercept.com/document/2014/ ... -guidance/

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”