Attack in Paris

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Attack in Paris

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:26 am

Frailer wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:France-- not crying over them unless American tourists were in the way

Didnt they notice all the white flags around, that should have worked wonders

I am sure some of you youngsters don't remember our war planes being told to fly around France to get to their targets.
Don't hate too much.

I remember that incident very well. The planes in question flew a different route than was publicized.

The whole story wasn't told.
Which is true about every story ever told. It's all in who is telling and why/how perspective it is told and then repeated in a different way.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:31 am

Tyler wrote:Think they'll bring back to policies of Pope Urban II? Imagine if ol' Urb had drones.
Article is from the 5th. I don't endorse the site it's on but they had the pictures and story

POLAND: Anti-Islam soccer fans hoist 50-foot ‘Stand and Defend Christianity’ banner at premier match
http://www.barenakedislam.com/2015/11/0 ... ier-match/

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:36 am

WLJ wrote:
Tyler wrote:Think they'll bring back to policies of Pope Urban II? Imagine if ol' Urb had drones.
Article is from the 5th. I don't endorse the site it's on but they had the pictures and story

POLAND: Anti-Islam soccer fans hoist 50-foot ‘Stand and Defend Christianity’ banner at premier match

That's Poland, I think. And there was some Nazi symbols amongst the crowd, as well. A little nationalism may do Europe some good, but Europeans have a history of doing it wrong.
Height Supremacist

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am

Tyler wrote:
WLJ wrote:

That's Poland, I think. And there was some Nazi symbols amongst the crowd, as well. A little nationalism may do Europe some good, but Europeans have a history of doing it wrong.
I know, but it could be a sign of things to come in Europe if things go wrong one way or another. Europe does have a history of going to the extreme from time to time when pressed both in a good and bad way. Something to keep an eye on.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:01 pm

WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:President of France calls it an act of war, says it will be merciless war (paraphrasing)

Wonder if they mean "just inside their country" or they will actually head out to meet ISIS where they spawned.
Good luck with that.

ISIS, the various Al Qaida, AQAP, etc. are based on an idea, and that idea is, "You deserve a better life than the one you have--and more respect than you get."

While this argument works best in places where peoples' lives really do suck, there's no shortage of people around the world who feel that way.
Notice how the number of people who think their lives sucks is steadily increasing here? Not because, in most cases, they actually suck but because that is what is pounded into their brain by the media, politicians, and colleges day in and day out.
They *deserve* a good life; their current situation isn't their fault, and somebody (or everybody) owes them something. If they don't get it, they're being persecuted.

These "victims" will cling to whatever group tells them what they want to hear, whether it's an Islamic cleric, Occupy Wall Street, the KKK, the Republican (or Democratic) Party...etc.

I sound like a broken record when I say this conflict isn't about religion...but it isn't. Not really. It's about personal responsibility as much as anything else.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Meanwhile in America

Missouri Protesters Are Upset You’re Worried About Paris Victims And Not Them
http://turtleboysports.com/missouri-pro ... -not-them/

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Tyler » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Don't worry fellers. Louisville is set to receive its fair share of fighting age males, uh, I mean good-hearted, disaffected Syrian youths.
Height Supremacist

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:00 pm

WLJ wrote:

Why are the boats labeled USS?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:03 pm

Toddstang wrote:
WLJ wrote:

I wondered that myself but I think they just used something they see on ships in movies and TV all the time. Think Star Trek for instance, USS this, USS that.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:27 pm

WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
WLJ wrote:

I wondered that myself but I think they just used something they see on ships in movies and TV all the time. Think Star Trek for instance, USS this, USS that.
These were my thoughts. I doubt it was thought out as far as the use of USS deliberately tying Islamic extremism to America.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Keep reading on news sites how an attack like this is something new. Hello, anyone remember Mumbai?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Looks like some of the police are carrying Mini 14s

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... world.html

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:25 pm

WLJ wrote:Looks like some of the police are carrying Mini 14s

I know they have carried those at least since the 80's when I first saw them with them in Paris.

Hope they don't have to hit anything with them.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:17 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
WLJ wrote:Looks like some of the police are carrying Mini 14s

I know they have carried those at least since the 80's when I first saw them with them in Paris.

Hope they don't have to hit anything with them.
Or clean them.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm

WTF France?
They made some bad ass weapons years back.
Only other country I seen carry these was Honduras.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:02 am

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:45 am

They're reporting one or more of the gunmen got away and are still on the loose.

Paris attacks: Weapons found in 'getaway car'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34825080

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-34825270
Calls for Nato to join fight against Islamic State
Posted at 15:15
News of the attacks in Paris has led to suggestions that Nato should join the fight against the so-called Islamic State.

Speaking to the BBC's World at One programme, Admiral James Stavridis, a former Nato Supreme Allied Commander, said: "I think there will be boots on the ground from Nato forces."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -live.html
'War on Isil will be declared'
A former Supreme Allied Commander for Nato has predicted the military alliance will declare war on Isil and send up to 15,000 combat troops, writes Ben Farmer, Defence Correspondent.
Adm James Stavridis forecast the attacks would prompt France to invoke the alliance's article 5 collective self defence clause, which states an attack on one member is an attack on all.
The clause was used for the first and only time so far after the 9/11 attacks and led to the Nato military campaign in Afghanistan.
Adm Stavridis said: "I believe Nato should declare this article 5 and enter the fight."
Military action would start with special forces raids and more air strikes, and include more training for Iraqi and Kurdish Peshmerga forces.
He said faced with attacks on three fronts it would soon become clear that Isil "are not 10 feet tall. Nato can do this".
Most of the ground forces fighting Isil would be Iraqi and Kurdish, he predicted, but Nato troops would still be needed.
He said: "I think this will be a mission of Nato boots on the ground in the range of 10,000 to 15,000."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:01 am

Toddstang wrote:WTF France?
They made some bad ass weapons years back.
Only other country I seen carry these was Honduras.
If I had to choose between the Mini-14 and the FAMAS I would choose the Mini-14. The FAMAS-F1 is the biggest POS rifle in frontline service with any 1st world nation today. The FAMAS-G2 ain't half bad, in comparison to the F1, but budget cuts kill the switch over to the G2 from the F1 except with the Marines and Special forces. Meanwhile the Army got stuck with the POS F1. They're looking for a replacement right now, hopefully it'll be a return to their tradition of producing, as you said, "bad ass" weapons.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:58 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1447621110042.png
Apparently they were using "pump rifles"...............................
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:07 pm

ProCroation wrote:
Screenshot_2015-11-15-15-10-37.png
Apparently they were using "pump rifles"...............................
must have been a "California compliant" "Kalashnicov"
SI JE PUIS

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:35 pm

I think they were saying Aloha Snackbar

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:00 pm

"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:48 pm

They will be arriving here and we won't be doing shit about it. I am deciding life decisions based upon these ass holes whereabouts. Truth.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Thinking it's good I dint have kids to worry about.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”