Attack in Paris

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Attack in Paris

Post by rustynuts » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:27 pm

WLJ wrote:I fear Obama will find a way to fuck this up even more.
I'm sure he's working on it right now.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:38 pm

jackalo626 wrote:They are on the news saying that the process of moving refugees places is safe!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell do you say that out loud and not feel like a moron? This is not my language or the wording I would use but I am on the general forum so I'm behaving.
I saw a good one the other day.

If someone gave you 10 grapes and two of them were poisoned, would you still eat them?

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:08 pm

irishrob wrote:All the states that have banned them have republican Governors.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447722498.474163.jpg

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:13 pm

He won't be Governor until Dec 8, lets see how many they can jam in before then.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:15 pm

WLJ wrote:He won't be Governor until Dec 8, lets see how many they can jam in before then.
Yep.
Our governor, Montgomery Burns will fuck us good before he leaves.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Toddstang wrote:
WLJ wrote:He won't be Governor until Dec 8, lets see how many they can jam in before then.
Yep.
Beetle Bailey
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times

Post by Rem700 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Yep.
Word

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:22 pm

It takes a special kind of stupid.

Daily Beast: Gun Control Can Stop Terrorists
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/1 ... errorists/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:01 am

Wow. Nothing like getting free shit that we all pay for. $470 SSI a month per kid that they never even paid into plus welfare and government assistance.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:07 am

Yea, it is amazing
But getting hand outs from us is even better.
Look what the Muslims have done to all Europe and get back with me.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:12 am

Marathon bombers were taken in by the church too.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:22 am

I am absolutely not against immigration. That's what made this country. But, our ancestors were expected to be American. Speak English, zero "assistance", keep their noses clean. We are different as a country now. We have MASSIVE debt and a huge amount of homeless, vets, addicts that could use help (and would accept it if available) of our own to take in others. I'm not saying that some of these people wouldn't even be some of the best Americans, I just think we need to help our own before we help others.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:24 am

Fudge wrote:Lol. And white americans blew up Oklahoma city? Your point? Because a few shit bags did something we obviously need to judge everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone who had PTSD and was insane. Way off topic.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:28 am

Digging deep now. Open your eyes.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:33 am

Have yet to recently see groups of Christians killing in God's name.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:37 am

Fudge wrote:Lol. And white americans blew up Oklahoma city? Your point? Because a few shit bags did something we obviously need to judge everyone.

I am not judging anyone. But based on everything that has happened....securing our borders and turning refugees away seems like a pretty common sense thing to do. Even if just one terrorist slips through it wouldn't be worth all the people being "helped" IMO. Gotta take care of our own before we can help others.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:43 am

I disagree that allowing them in is the right thing. I didnt say america was scared, i dont think we are. But not allowing a threat a chance of getting in is better than an "I hope these refugees arent going to kill us" mentality. Just my take on it.

Can i definitively say that if France had secured its borders and not allowed refugees in that the recent attack would not have happened? No i cant. But i dont think its too far of a stretch to believe it either.

DDgunslinger
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by DDgunslinger » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 am

Agree... Disagree... who gives a fuck, everyone is entitled to there own opinion, last time I checked. Religion has been and always will be an excuse for good people to do good things or for bad people to bad things. It's what's in the hearts of men that drives their action.

Now with that said, refugee or immigrant... they should be vetted, checked and go through the proper channels, regardless. This country was founded by hard work and immigration, but it should be done the right way... France and most of Europe has found that out the hard way. Open Borders means Open Threats.

Last, I think we can all agree King Barry is a douchebag and if given the opportunity my brothers in green would hunt down ISIS scum until their extinction.

Just my .02

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:04 am

It's more about how this whole situation is being handed IMO. Sure, not all refugees are terrorists... actually, a majority aren't. But Obama acts as if there is no reason to even be mildly concerned. Had the attack in Paris been carried out here, by "tea baggin NRA members" he'd be giving another speech on how horrible guns are and how things like this don't happen in other countries. Meanwhile, his quote on the attack in Paris went something like this "you can't stop a bunch of men who are willing to die for their cause"...oh and don't forget "ISIS is contained" He shows more faith in Syrian refugees than Americans... it's sickening to say the least. Not to mention, this started out at 10,000 refugees and escalated to eventually allowing hundreds of thousands. (meanwhile, the southern border remains wide open) You'd be silly to not be concerned.

I don't think this has as much to do with helping others and allowing some refugees...it's more about the "willy nilly" free for all attitudes from the President and our other leaders. I mean look, I'm not walking around in panic struck fear....but I also realize this isn't being handled the way it needs to be and some concern is due.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:07 am

I think financially this country is not currently able to do both. It's insane what immigrants are offered that Americans are not. At least the quite a few I know or have known. They are offered a 99.9% you can't fail business opportunities (speaking of Vietnamese for sure, assuming others). Housing opportunities, food and health benefits. Why not offer that to struggling Americans that honestly want to make an effort to better themselves? Or other countries people that already speak English (not just native English speakers), financially can support themselves, know a trade or are educated, have more to offer than the burden they are. THEN when this country gets to a better place financially, open our doors to the rest of the world. Not flood gates, just doors...

DDgunslinger
Has liked: 0

Post by DDgunslinger » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:08 am

Fudge wrote:
DDgunslinger wrote:Agree... Disagree... who gives a fuck, everyone is entitled to there own opinion, last time I checked. Religion has been and always will be an excuse for good people to do good things or for bad people to bad things. It's what's in the hearts of men that drives their action.

Now with that said, refugee or immigrant... they should be vetted, checked and go through the proper channels, regardless. This country was founded by hard work and immigration, but it should be done the right way... France and most of Europe has found that out the hard way. Open Borders means Open Threats.

Last, I think we can all agree King Barry is a douchebag and if given the opportunity my brothers in green would hunt down ISIS scum until their extinction.

Just my .02
King Barry is a douche. I dont think anyone would say that refugees dont need to be vetted either. We are a nation of immigrants, so id imagine we have some
Practice in this

Only slight difference is the fact that UN is running the show, not us when it comes to these refugees... so our immigration practice, doesn't really come into play... just sayin

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:17 am

Fudge wrote:
Rem700 wrote:I disagree that allowing them in is the right thing. I didnt say america was scared, i dont think we are. But not allowing a threat a chance of getting in is better than an "I hope these refugees arent going to kill us" mentality. Just my take on it.

Can i definitively say that if France had secured its borders and not allowed refugees in that the recent attack would not have happened? No i cant. But i dont think its too far of a stretch to believe it either.

I see it as a chance to give people in need an opportunity for a better life. Based on my life experiences with refuges and immigrants I do not feel there is a reasonable degree of harm. But, like your opinion it is of course my own.

We have people here in need that will never get the same hand outs and treatment that these refugees from outside get. I'm sure you see or have seen children in school who only have one change of clothes and are lucky to have one meal a day. Parents are either dead, jailed, or on permanent lay off and cannot get government assistance because they made over $30k in the past 2 years. We need to take care of our own first before we give handouts from our tax dollars to these outsiders, especially these who were named the number one terrorist country in the world.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:18 am

Many people now-a-days seem to have no idea what Ellis Island's actual purpose was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellis_Island
Generally, those immigrants who were approved spent from two to five hours at Ellis Island. Arrivals were asked 29 questions including name, occupation, and the amount of money carried. It was important to the American government that the new arrivals could support themselves and have money to get started. The average the government wanted the immigrants to have was between 18 and 25 dollars. Those with visible health problems or diseases were sent home or held in the island's hospital facilities for long periods of time. More than three thousand would-be immigrants died on Ellis Island while being held in the hospital facilities. Some unskilled workers were rejected because they were considered "likely to become a public charge." About 2 percent were denied admission to the U.S. and sent back to their countries of origin for reasons such as having a chronic contagious disease, criminal background, or insanity.[49] Ellis Island was sometimes known as "The Island of Tears" or "Heartbreak Island"[50] because of those 2% who were not admitted after the long transatlantic voyage. The Kissing Post is a wooden column outside the Registry Room, where new arrivals were greeted by their relatives and friends, typically with tears, hugs and kisses.[51][52]

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:19 am

Shhh!!!!
Facts.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 am

So why not fix us first before we open the place up? Or at least get us started back on track?

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”