Attack in Paris

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Attack in Paris

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:59 pm

BREAKING NEWS: ATTACK IN PARIS
At least 18 reported killed in attacks in Paris: 60 hostages reported taken at concert hall
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/13 ... tcmp=hpbt1

Paris shootings and explosions near Stade de France kill 18
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203
At least 18 people have been killed in several shootings in the French capital, Paris, as well as explosions at the Stade de France.
At least one man opened fire with an automatic gun at the Petit Cambodge restaurant in the 11th district.
Shooting has also been heard near the Bataclan arts centre with reports of hostages have been taken there.
Three explosions are also reported outside a bar near the Stade de France, where France were hosting Germany.
Reports say French President Francois Hollande was watching the match and has been moved to safety.
Live: Follow the latest developments here.
A BBC journalist at the Petit Cambodge restaurant says he can see 10 people on the road either dead or seriously injured.
He says police have now arrived and sealed off the area.
An eyewitness told Liberation he had heard more than 100 rounds being fired at a cafe in rue de Charonne.
There are reports of up to six gunmen involved.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Attack in Paris

Post by kokopelli » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:08 pm

B.S. couldn't happen...

France has very strict gun control.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:22 pm

They're saying over 40 dead now...

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Yea. Best gun laws in the world.
No way this could happen.
Sorry for the victims.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:26 pm

France-- not crying over them unless American tourists were in the way

Didnt they notice all the white flags around, that should have worked wonders

I am sure some of you youngsters don't remember our war planes being told to fly around France to get to their targets.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:34 pm

It's way too early for any detailed reporting to be accurate... every news outlet is saying something different. A bunch of people are dead. A bunch of people, probably more than are dead, have been taken hostage. It seems there were three simultaneous attacks at three different locations across Paris. A concert hall, a stadium, and a restaurant.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Dave1965 wrote:France-- not crying over them unless American tourists were in the way

Didnt they notice all the white flags around, that should have worked wonders

I am sure some of you youngsters don't remember our war planes being told to fly around France to get to their targets.
You referring to the Great Britain based F-111s that had to go around France during the strikes on Libya back in the 80s. You do know France is an independent country which means they are free to do what they want with their airspace? They're not a puppet state. And that was 30 years ago? Hope you are aware France has been leading a lot of anti terrorist strikes the last 10 years including putting boots on the ground in many places which is one of the reasons they're the target for many of these attacks.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:51 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-34815972
Posted at 22:47
French media, quoting Paris police, are now reporting that at least 42 people are dead.
More on rock band concert at hostage venue
Posted at 22:41
Shooting at the Bataclan venue began one hour into the concert of a California rock group called Eagles of Death Metal, BFM TV said.

It added that one or two people came in and began shooting in the air.

At least 60 people are being held hostage. It is unclear whether band members are among the hostages.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:55 pm

I fear the death toll is going to go up, way up.

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-34815972
Bataclan attacker reported to have explosives
Posted at 22:52
One of the attackers at the Bataclan has explosives, according to a Liberation journalist quoting a police officer at the scene.

Meanwhile Julien Pierce, a Europe 1 journalist who was inside the Bataclan, has described what he saw:

"Several armed men came into the concert. Two or three men, not wearing masks, came in with what looked like Kalashnikovs and fired blindly on the crowd.

"It lasted between 10 and 15 minutes. It was extremely violent and there was panic. The attackers had enough time to reload at least three times. They were very young."

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:58 pm

WLJ wrote: the concert of a California rock group called Eagles of Death Metal, BFM TV said.
Wow, I listen to these guys.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:59 pm

'State of emergency' - Hollande
BBC Europe editor tweets...
Posted at 22:58

Hollande declaring "state of emergency" and closing of French borders

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Remember all those refugees that have been flooding Europe lately and it been odd that nearly all are young males? If I was in Europe right now I would be very worried.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:02 pm

kokopelli wrote:B.S. couldn't happen...

France has very strict gun control.
My very thoughts.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:04 pm

WLJ wrote:Remember all those refugees that have been flooding Europe lately and it been odd that nearly all are young males? If I was in Europe right now I would be very worried.
And it's on it's way here...

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Whootsinator wrote:It's way too early for any detailed reporting to be accurate... every news outlet is saying something different. A bunch of people are dead. A bunch of people, probably more than are dead, have been taken hostage. It seems there were three simultaneous attacks at three different locations across Paris. A concert hall, a stadium, and a restaurant.
A mall shooting has happened now on the news there.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:07 pm

Niceguy wrote:
WLJ wrote:Remember all those refugees that have been flooding Europe lately and it been odd that nearly all are young males? If I was in Europe right now I would be very worried.
Yep. We will welcome them with open arms, feed them and house them and they will kill us all while we are told to not judge them on it.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:11 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Yep. We will welcome them with open arms, feed them and house them and they will kill us all while we are told to not judge them on it.
Because if they do anything it will be the NRA's fault.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:15 pm

I say it's time to take the gloves off again but unfortunately we have a president who will just want to apologizes for whatever we did to anger them.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:19 pm

WLJ wrote:I say it's time to take the gloves off again but unfortunately we have a president who will just want to apologizes for whatever we did to anger them.
We can't take gloves off, we will always be the blame and it would be spun against us.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:31 pm

'Suicide attacks near stadium'
Posted at 23:22
The Associated Press is reporting a French police official confirming two suicide attacks and one bombing near the Stade de France stadium.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Additional shooting and explosions at various locations throughout the city. The lines are definitely blurring... it's far from a contained event.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 pm

"Refugee crisis" = modern day invasion

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:42 pm

It's Mumbai all over again.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:55 pm

The concert venue has been assaulted, initial reports on that said two enemies killed. They were were reportedly killing those stuck in the building one by one.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Coming soon to free housing near you.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”