Obamacare upheld again And gay marriage legalize

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Obamacare upheld again

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Toddstang wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
Geno wrote:My bottom line. I do not insinuate myself into other's lives. I do not want their lives insinuated into mine. I'll be happy, they can be happy. Don't make a federal case of it!
They had to make a federal case of it to be equally happy. They weren't afforded the luxury of being recognized as a couple legally prior to.
Now take what you just said and delete gay marriage and insert "gun rights" or anything else that you can think of that this admin doesn't like.

Yea, that simple to take the 10th Amendment and wipe their asses with it.
Think about it: There are more anti-gun people than pro-gay marriage.
We as states, no longer have the freedoms we once had. The federal govt is now in charge.
Fuck the tin foil bull shit. If you cant see what just unfolded in front of you, keep drinking the Kool Ade.
I don't know what you are saying honestly. I read it twice. Are you saying that people who want our guns is the same as people wanting to be married? I'll reply when it is clarified.
Now the SCOTUS can do as they wish if people come to them with a petition and make new laws NATIONWIDE as they did with gay marriage. States cannot go against this ruling or any ruling that comes out like this. If the SCOTUS rules "No Assault weapons, mags, limited # of ammo you can own, etc," then that's all it will take.
The POTUS is not done with the 2nd Amendment yet. He will "Change" it as it is written before he is gone and the SCOTUS will let it pass.
No state will be able to fight against it.
That's why I'm saying the 10th is dead.
I'm not condoning any rights being taken away and am not speaking broadly. I am merely for the freedom of citizens to have the same rights (not special nor taking others rights away) to be married. They asked to be included which is not a problem to me. If they petitioned for gay marriage to be the only marriage or limit man and woman marriages then it would be a whole different topic. The scoutus can change what it wants when it wants because we allow them but that is a whole other convo.
Not talking about what "You and I think", the gay marriage thing will be the first of many things that will be FORCED upon us. That's why I said "Take away gay marriage and insert gun rights" or any other freedom they can change.
This was only a trial run.
You guys remember that ammo ban that got shelved in March?
They will keep trying as they always have. This didn't change any of that. They didn't accomplish taking anything away this time, they gave the people something. I am not against you Todd or think taking anything away from anyone is ok. I am happy someone got something that made them equal while nothing was taken in the process.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Technically, it is still illegal nationally to buy, sell, possess, or smoke Marijuana and yet we have states allowing their citizens free reign to get stoned. Interested in seeing how the states react to this decision.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:03 pm

rustynuts wrote:Technically, it is still illegal nationally to buy, sell, possess, or smoke Marijuana and yet we have states allowing their citizens free reign to get stoned. Interested in seeing how the states react to this decision.
Cant have a 30 round mag in a few states because its those states rights to make that decision to make them illegal.
In comes SCOTUS and says "Well all states need to be more like NY, CA, etc." and then next thing you know, we are all felons.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:06 pm

This administration won't do anything in our favor.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Your not seeing the forest because of all the trees. It has nothing to do with gay marriage. It is how it was handled. Skipping the whole 10th Amendment like I been saying, is not good for any one of us.
I could care less if they have a big man pile in front of Connections tonight. We have lost more freedoms to SCOTUS.
Just sit back and see what happens next.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:54 pm

I knew this was coming
I am not adding much commentary to this, because I really think little is necessary. I am busy trying to find a hand hold on our slippery slope, because I fear my nation is falling into an abyss.

Excerpted from the Northern Colorado Gazette:

Using the same tactics used by “gay” rights activists, pedophiles have begun to seek similar status arguing their desire for children is a sexual orientation no different than heterosexual or homosexuals.
That was FAST: Yesterday it was gay marriage; Now look who wants “equal rights”
http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/that-was- ... al-rights/
Last edited by WLJ on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Obamacare upheld again And Gay marriage legalize

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Edited the title since this thread picked up on the gay marriage ruling
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nolan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 pm

WLJ wrote:I knew this was coming
I am not adding much commentary to this, because I really think little is necessary. I am busy trying to find a hand hold on our slippery slope, because I fear my nation is falling into an abyss.

Excerpted from the Northern Colorado Gazette:

Using the same tactics used by “gay” rights activists, pedophiles have begun to seek similar status arguing their desire for children is a sexual orientation no different than heterosexual or homosexuals.
That was FAST: Yesterday it was gay marriage; Now look who wants “equal rights”
http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/that-was- ... al-rights/
No surprise
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Obamacare upheld again And gay marriage legalize

Post by rustynuts » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Someone needs to flush soon. This toilet is getting full.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Tyranny, Tolerance, Acceptance

First and foremost the government has no place in marriage, consenting adults should not have to ask permission , or get a license to be joined as a couple in what ever way they so desire. The whole issue would be avoided if government was removed from marriage.

Tyranny is denying consenting adults through legislation, law, or force from joining in any union they desire.

Tolerance is though you may not approve of , you don't use government as a way to prevent consenting adults from joining in any union they desire.

Acceptance is having no moral objection to any sort of union consenting adults choose to enter.

I do not approve of the gay lifestyle, I don't want to see it, I don't want to be part of it, but liberty demands that I be tolerant of it.

Much the same way I dont approve of people cheating on there spouse, I wont use government as my sword to wield!

The same argument can be used for firearms , or the rebel flag, or any issue we have today.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:35 pm

rustynuts wrote:Technically, it is still illegal nationally to buy, sell, possess, or smoke Marijuana and yet we have states allowing their citizens free reign to get stoned. Interested in seeing how the states react to this decision.
Because if a state wants push a lib cause but the fed doesn't want it, states rights equal good. If the feds wants to push a lib cause but the state doesn't want it, state's rights equal bad.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”