Activists block road near LMPD

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Activists block road near LMPD

Post by ssracer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:15 pm

This is how I shared it:

Some thoughts from a friend that I thought I'd share:

As I sat at dinner last night while working(after two great citizens came up and told me they support us), I looked at all the good people in the restaurant having a good dinner and felt sorry for them. Because THEY are the ones that will suffer from this. They are the innocent, good tax paying citizens that will get the disgruntled cop showing up to their house when they are victimized. They are the ones that will get stopped for a stupid traffic violation and will get the asshole cop that doesn't care anymore. They are the ones that will suffer when cops just give the fuck up because they always feel like it doesn't matter if they care or not.

I love my job, and have always loved my job, but this crap is taking a toll on the ones that try really hard to do the right thing. The cops that proactively get out there and hunt for the criminals, are starting to give up. The mindset on the department is "make the calls and that's it". Why risk pulling over a car for a minor traffic violation when you can't win? Why say you are going to go after the criminals when your own department won't back you unless it doesn't cause people in some areas to act like animals in the streets?

People are mad in the streets because they think cops are judging a group of people(black people) based on the actions of a few, yet they are judging the entire police force based on the same exact thing. It's ironic, and it gets old. I still try to come in happy and to do the right thing, but it's only a matter of time before cops are 100% responsive, and do the bare minimum to get by.

To all the good people out there that remind us that they support us, thank you. You reminders are what fuel me to continue trying.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Activists block road near LMPD

Post by Frailer » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:19 pm

[youtube]rbvUk4HIDbM[/youtube]

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Activists block road near LMPD

Post by Eireguy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:46 am

Actually the first line of defense is yourself . I laugh all the time when I heard these people calling themselves " activists "

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”