Soldier shoots, kills intruder in Guston Ky

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Armyastro
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Soldier shoots, kills intruder in Guston Ky

Post by Armyastro » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Gotta love the trailer park news!
Soldier shoots, kills intruder

Guston man kicked his way into mobile home, police say

Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 3:39 pm (Updated: April 28, 10:04 pm)

No charges have been filed following a fatal shooting Friday afternoon that followed a break-in at a residence in the Guston area of Meade County.

Joshua W. Wemes, 29, of Guston died of a single shotgun wound after Kentucky State Police say he kicked in the front door of a mobile home in the 1500 block of Berry Cain Road.

Meade County Dispatch received three calls Friday regarding a domestic violence situation involving Wemes and Toby L. Knott, 37, who police described as Wemes’ girlfriend, a KSP new release said.

Following the third report to dispatch at approximately 4:15 p.m. EDT, KSP Post 4 troopers and detectives were sent because of a shooting.

Police said Knott fled her home and crossed a field to reach a trailer where her daughter and son-in-law live.

Wemes took Knott’s 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt and rammed it into the mobile home. When he forced his way inside, he was shot by Quinton T. Phillips, 22, according to a preliminary investigation by KSP.

Police said Phillips, Knotts’ son-in-law, is a resident of Amarillo, Texas, and a soldier stationed at Fort Knox.

The news release said Phillips fired one shotgun round at Wemes hitting him in the stomach. Wemes was dead at the scene.

Materials used in manufacturing meth were removed from the trunk of the Cobalt by Wemes and thrown in the field before he rammed the side of the mobile home, the police statement said. Those materials were removed by a KSP Drug Task Force officer.

No criminal charges will be filed by KSP at this time.

When the investigation is complete, KSP said, it will be presented to the Meade County Commonwealth’s Attorney for review where a decision will be made on whether to present it to a Meade County grand jury.

Detective Ryan Johnson is leading the investigation.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Soldier shoots, kills intruder in Guston Ky

Post by GeminiXD9 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Actually pretty sad. I used to b friends with the guy that got shot. Until meth took over Meade co. Haven't talked to any of em in years n a friend told me what happened yesterday. Meth is one of the worst drugs out there.
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Awesome! +1 for quick justice.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Sorry the soldier was put into that position but he had to do it.

Armyastro

Post by Armyastro » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 am

Meth isnt the problem and millions of people take some sort of amphetamine or methamphetamine legally and 3/4 of them are children under around 12 years old. Almost all the ADHD meds are around 75% or more of meth salts. People have been using it for around 60+ years and there was never a problem and nobody even knew off it until someone decided to find the cheapest ways to make it and sell it and now its all over the news. Its not like the US has more meth than 10 years ago, there is actually less now but because stupid people have no self control and do stupid things then it makes the news. It is used for other needed treatment, like narcolepsy, obesity, adhd, dression, PTSD, TBI's and several other problems and the VA and other military doc's are using them for alot of problems fro the latest "war"
The stuff that it is made from (ephedrin) was and still is used in dozens of meds that people take daily. it was sold at every gas station in energy pills and even straight "tabs" until that smart little guy took some high school chemisty classes and started making it into amphedamine's and then into several other forms (amphetamine is the parent form, then made into other forms like meth, MDMA (ecstacy), and all the other stuff they get stupid on, so because they cant control themselves and now that its in the media, people look at it like its the worse thing ever made even though half of every college grads, truck drivers and other jobs that you need to stay awake and alert have been and still use it. Most countries used it for they're military to keep them awake and alert. ww2 had countries like british used over 75 million tablets (mostly pilots on night bombing raids). they even say the battle of britain was won from them, there is still several countries using them still today and the US even used them,.
SOOO long story short, this drug is just like every other drug out there, it isnt the actual drug, its the actions of the person that is abusing or overusing them that is making it look like its the worse "new" drug out when its been out for 125+ years. weed was the same way, they keep saying its a bad thing and blame alot of actions of others on it and waste a few hundred billion dollars of our taxes on it when it is the total opposite and not 1 person has OD'd or died from it...ever but alcohol has killed millions and half are innocent people hit and killed by a drunk driver and yet, its legal. Its all a government polital agenda, they make more money off us if its all "bad" because taxing a plant is impossible to do, they would have to tax everything grown by people, veggies, fruit ect.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:11 pm

My point was that I've seen first hand people on crack,coke weed heroin. And pills. N out of all those drugs meth fucks u up the most. As in make u do dumber shit. As in kill u faster. People will do more fucked up shit to get their meth than to get a joint. I've never seen a grown man offer services for a joint. But I have seen a grown man offer services for a few hits of meth. A drug is a drug is a drug. But people do more crazy shit on/for certain drugs. That's what I meant by my comment
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Armyastro

Post by Armyastro » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 pm

I got it, i tend to do alt of research on alot of things and tend to overdue it. i dont like the "myth" word of mouth and need to get "facts". My son was put on adhd meds and after his mother called a few times about his acting up and suspended from school a few times, sh dropped him off for visitation and had no meds, said he was out asked if i could go and fill them, I went and they said it was 18 days early. Come to find out, his moms new husband loves to drink and i guess likes to chase them with my sons meds. Amphetamines are like opiates, you get that initial "high" from the first time you overuse them for recreational purposes and not as a medical use and then try and chase that first high and your tolerances grow higher and they all say they can never hit that feeling again. Its all on the willpower and stuff of the abuser.
If taken the correct way, they are all fine and help, too much and then you have problems. if they are bad to begin with, the FDA would not approve them or if found to be bad later after release, they get recalled and/or removed from the market. 99.99% of the US have taken a form of meth/amphetamine in thy're lifetime. The other .01% hasnt yet because they are newborns and not had the conversion from they're mothers blood/antibodies to they're own so they dont have any allergic reactions yet (ephedrin is a diluted form of amphetamine and thats why they try and remoe all the stuff added to it and reduce iit down for use.)

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

I agree if they're taken the rite way. It's all good. Both my kids is on ADHD meds. So I know how that goes. Lol. It's the abuse of the drugs that gets people. Like u said they're trying to get the first high n it'll never happen. Then u got inexperienced idiots out here making shit in the sink n swhatnot. It's def crazy

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm

I wasn't trying to discredit anything u was saying. I was jus saying that meth n pills are making more people do really stupid shit

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”