Verse of the Day

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:02 am

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭7‬
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:10 am

no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.
Isaiah‬ ‭54‬:‭17
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:31 am

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭14‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:22 am

You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
James‬ ‭4‬:‭3‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:17 am

For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
Habakkuk‬ ‭2‬:‭14‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:35 am

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:08 am

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians‬ ‭3‬:‭20‬-21
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:23 am

There is none holy like the Lord: for there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God.
‭1 Samuel‬ ‭2‬:‭2‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:25 am

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭9‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 am

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs‬ ‭19‬:‭21‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:34 am

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭23‬-24
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:23 am

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭44‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:11 am

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭34‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:57 am

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
1 Corinthians‬ ‭6‬:‭19‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:20 am

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs‬ ‭18‬:‭24‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 am

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
Psalms‬ ‭121‬:‭1‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:49 am

But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
2 Thessalonians‬ ‭3‬:‭3‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:22 am

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews‬ ‭13‬:‭8‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:27 am

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs‬ ‭17‬:‭22‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 am

And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
Daniel‬ ‭12‬:‭3‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:45 am

And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭7‬-8
Tench Coxe

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:15 am

I like that... I have an uncle that used make prayers so long he and everyone else forgot what he was doing. Short and to the point, he is the all knowing.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:18 am

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John‬ ‭10‬:‭10‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:18 am

When Jesus heard this, he marveled and said to those who followed him, "Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith.
Matthew‬ ‭8‬:‭10
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:31 am

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬
Tench Coxe

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”