Legalization of Pot is spreading....

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Legalization of Pot is spreading....

Post by Rem700 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:50 pm

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02 ... marijuana/

Alaska becomes the third state to legalize rec use.

DC will follow soon

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02 ... this-week/

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Legalization of Pot is spreading....

Post by Rem700 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:52 pm

and then there is this......

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/c ... ck-babies/

cause im sure that the legalization is what caused these morons to use it. Im sure they weren't already doing it......

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:37 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

1fastmach1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:21 pm

I call bullshit.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:I call bullshit.
On what?

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Rem700 wrote:
On what?
tourettes, try not to draw attention to it.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Rem700 wrote:
On what?
I guess I should have been more specific. I was referring to the article related to pregnancy. Although, I'm not going to get into a debate about pot as it relates to pregnancy and more importantly pot at all.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:17 pm

son of liberty wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
On what?
tourettes, try not to draw attention to it.
Now what if I actually had Tourette's?

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:18 pm

We'd make fun of you, more likely than not.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:21 pm

Unfortunately we spend way too much on fighting a losing battle over pot. I have never and hope to never have to use it but it's about to the point the benefit would be to legalize and tax the hell out of it. Develop a sobriety test for its use and not allow to drive under its influence. Impairment does occur so would need to stop use of machinery while under the influence. Take the drug cartels out of importing it and concentrate on the narcotics.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:24 pm

Only thing in danger when folks smoke is a bag of chips, or slightly stale sleeve of crackers.

When with child, there are so many things a mom can and should not ingest.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Whootsinator wrote:We'd make fun of you, more likely than not.
That pretty insensitive considering you don't even know me. Not that I actually care.

Imagine this...

You've got a handicapped child. A group of people laugh and point at you while standing in linear the grocery all the while saying, hey look at the retard and his parent. How would that make you feel?

Now, if we were "bros" and you cracked a joke. Haha... Fair game... We aren't bros.

But really, I'm honestly not a sensitive person and you wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Cheers!

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Dave1965 wrote:Unfortunately we spend way too much on fighting a losing battle over pot. I have never and hope to never have to use it but it's about to the point the benefit would be to legalize and tax the hell out of it. Develop a sobriety test for its use and not allow to drive under its influence. Impairment does occur so would need to stop use of machinery while under the influence. Take the drug cartels out of importing it and concentrate on the narcotics.
I couldn't agree more.

Look at the revenue it has generated for one state alone. I'm not going to compare it to legal drugs that are used and discussed on this forum by even myself, but if it puts more money back into my pocket as a direct result, I'm all for it. Compare pot related issues to alcohol related issue. I see alcohol as a far more serious concern. Alcohol has affected chunks of my family and many others. Prolly even people that have commented in this thread.

That said, even I enjoy a good aged bourbon and a premium cigar.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:44 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:Imagine this...

You've got a handicapped child. A group of people laugh and point at you while standing in linear the grocery all the while saying, hey look at the retard and his parent. How would that make you feel?

Now, if we were "bros" and you cracked a joke. Haha... Fair game... We aren't bros.

But really, I'm honestly not a sensitive person and you wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Cheers!
Having never been in that situation, I'm not sure. If I had Tourette's syndrome and SoL's comment was directed at me I'd probably laugh because it was funny. Either SoL couldn't have known I had Tourette's syndrome over the internet and I wouldn't have taken it personally, OR SoL made the comment because he did know and was in fact 'my bro'. The internet isn't the place for sensitivities.

It's not my choice to not be able to grow a respectable beard. I have facial hair that grows in to look like Joe Dirt. Regardless of whether I chose it or not, I've been made fun of for it here. My response is usually to laugh, shoot something witty right back at them, or most often both. Everyone laughs and the world goes on.
Last edited by Whootsinator on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Whootsinator wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:Imagine this...

Cheers!
Having never been in that situation, I'm not sure. If I had Tourette's syndrome and SoL's comment was directed at me I'd probably laugh because it was funny. Either Dave couldn't have known I had Tourette's syndrome over the internet and I wouldn't have taken it personally, OR Dave made the comment because he did know and was in fact 'my bro'. The internet isn't the place for sensitivities.

It's not my choice to not be able to grow a respectable beard. I have facial hair that grows in to look like Joe Dirt. Regardless of whether I chose it or not, I've been made fun of for it here. My response is usually to laugh, shoot something witty right back at them, or most often both. Everyone laughs and the world goes on.
Booooooo. Well played. I'll just go ahead and sit back down.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:55 pm

hahahaha you said import,this is Kentucky
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:55 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:
That pretty insensitive considering you don't even know me. Not that I actually care.

Imagine this...

Cheers!

No worse then a store full of people trying to play off like the kid aint screaming "Dick Sucker" , "Face Fucker" , "Ass Face", then whispering and passing what they think is a suddle facial expression to others. Trust me bro, the kid hollering "Ass " all the time, knows somethings up with that, and the first thing im doing ......inviting him to come to church with me.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:01 pm

son of liberty wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:

Imagine this...

Cheers!

No worse then a store full of people trying to play off like the kid aint screaming "Dick Sucker" , "Face Fucker" , "Ass Face", then whispering and passing what they think is a suddle facial expression to others. Trust me bro, the kid hollering "Ass " all the time, knows somethings up with that, and the first thing im doing ......inviting him to come to church with me.
Haha. That reminds me of Jamis Winston standing on a table in the commons at FSU hollering "fuck her right in the *****". Boy I sure miss college.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:03 pm

We have a problem with prescription drugs in this state because enough politicians are under the big money of the drug companies.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:04 pm

Ar-Rob wrote:We have a problem with prescription drugs in this state because enough politicians are under the big money of the drug companies.
Prescription medication and heroin are serious problems in our area. Because of the stringent laws on pills, heroin has made a real comeback. We traded one evil for another.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:
Ar-Rob wrote:We have a problem with prescription drugs in this state because enough politicians are under the big money of the drug companies.
Prescription medication and heroin are serious problems in our area. Because of the stringent laws on pills, heroin has made a real comeback. We traded one evil for another.
They cracked down on pot so meth came back,now they cracked down on meth and we have heroin.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Ar-Rob wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:
They cracked down on pot so meth came back,now they cracked down on meth and we have heroin.
You can't be serious. Those have no correlation to each other. I don't speak from any experience but I don't have any friends, future or present that bought meth or heroin because they couldn't find a bag of pot.

If you ran out of cigarettes or alcohol, are you gonna go buy some crack rock? Lol

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:32 pm

They are cheap highs.It's about supply and demand.If there isn't their drug of choice they find something else. Say your local store quits carrying your favorite whatever but they have something else that has the same end result,are you going to try it?

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Ar-Rob wrote:They are cheap highs.It's about supply and demand.If there isn't their drug of choice they find something else. Say your local store quits carrying your favorite whatever but they have something else that has the same end result,are you going to try it?
So if shooting heroin and smoking a joint produce the same effect, why would someone risk their life to use heroin instead of that joint? Remember, it's the same effect. Also, no shortage of pot here or anywhere else for that matter.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Guess I will dip my toe in this debate. My 2 cents. I don't partake in the wacky weed. Full disclosure, I have tried it back in the 80's as a high school student, nothing more than that. FWIW, I have heard people being interviewed who say there is some evidence that the heroin problem has spiked up bc the oxy prescription drug crack-down. I don't claim that they are correct or not. It's just out there as a possibility. The legalization issue with pot, IMHO, has to be weighed with and against the known problems of drug abuse ongoing in our commonwealth.

A little real-life anecdotal evidence, of which, I have first hand knowledge. My wife's first cousin was injured at work several years ago working on a loading dock. Her cousin's back was hurt when he was hit by a fork truck. Actually, it was a skid of materials that hit him. He was put on disability and prescribed pain meds. Over time, he would either need a stronger prescription or more frequent doses. He lives in a state with legalized medical MJ. Using MJ to quell the pain has virtually eliminated the other narcotic based pain meds for him. He has started working a full-time job and has a productive life. On OxyContin or other narcs he did not.

Does this prove or disprove any position? No. Does it mean there is room for the possibility that MJ has real-world benefits for people suffering? Of course.

Personally, I am torn as far as legalization goes. I wouldn't start smoking it if it were legalized. The way I look at it is, if you have a terminal or chronic disease, who am I to dictate what will give relief to you?
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”