The Sig Brace is Now a Buttstock, *If*...

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The Sig Brace is Now a Buttstock, *If*...

Post by son of liberty » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:40 pm

So.........?

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:07 pm

Anybody who wants one of these should hit the ARFCOM equipment exchange.

Sheep/lemmings are selling at hefty discounts.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Frailer wrote:Lots of folks are going to focus on the dumbass-ness of the brace, but that isn't the point. Here's the relevant part:

"...therefore use as a shoulder stock constitutes a “redesign” of the device because a possessor has changed the very function of the item."

I assume this letter also means one can no longer place the bare buffer tube against one's shoulder, as this is "redesigning" a weapon not originally designed to be fired from the shoulder.

If this is allowed to stand, the ATF can determine tomorrow that the act of grasping a pistol with both hands constitutes the creation of an AOW. And no, I'm not making use of hyperbole here.

Using a *bit* of hyperbole, firing a rifle with one hand now constitutes the creation of handgun from a rifle--another NFA no-no.

I honestly don't care about the fate of the brace, but I sincerely hope SIG files for an injunction to have this opinion reversed. Enough is enough.

I'm especially disturbed by those all over the Interwebs who fault the Bubbas who "flaunted" this loophole--which wasn't a loophole at all, but rather an example of the utter stupidity of the 1934 GCA.

Little history lesson: the only reason SBRs and SBSs are regulated by the NFA is because the *original* intent was to get rid of handguns by making ownership prohibitively expensive. Concealable rifles and shotguns were included to prevent people from making their own handguns. When it was realized the act wouldn't pass if handguns were included they were removed, but the SBRs and SBSs weren't.

Those chiding others for not being good little sheep and lining up to pay their tribute should be ashamed of themselves.

This gets 1 million thumbs up.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Frailer wrote:Anybody who wants one of these should hit the ARFCOM equipment exchange.

Sheep/lemmings are selling at hefty discounts.

:o they are selling for $50 shipped...Kak Super-tubes for $20!! What a bunch of maroons!

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Doesn't take much pressure for some folks to show their true colors.

They talk a good game, but...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Frailer wrote:Doesn't take much pressure for some folks to show their true colors.

I think it's more of a matter that everybody is fucking confused and tired if being confused with the ATF first going one way and then the other. But that's what we get when we have a govt agency that makes rules at will and how they interpret those rules seems to depend on who's sitting at what desk at what time.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:21 pm

SeymourSkinner wrote:
Frailer wrote:Doesn't take much pressure for some folks to show their true colors.

I finished my build last night. 10.5 with sig brace and my 22 suppressor w kit
Cool. I assembled a pistol yesterday, too:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:23 pm

That looks like fun
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:43 pm

It is fun. The chassis is a new product from a vendor called Kit Fox Defense. He works with a local machine shop that produces them in relatively small quantities. This is the latest iteration, and it works well. I'd prefer to fit it with an Ergo grip like my ARs and AR-like guns wear, but the current design won't easily accommodate a beaver tail.

The chassis comes with an end cap that screws into the receiver extension threads if you prefer a more traditional pistol configuration, but it would be front heavy. The buffer tube and brace make it much easier to fire one-handed.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Frailer wrote:It is fun. The chassis is a new product from a vendor called Kit Fox Defense. He works with a local machine shop that produces them in relatively small quantities. This is the latest iteration, and it works well. I'd prefer to fit it with an Ergo grip like my ARs and AR-like guns wear, but the current design won't easily accommodate a beaver tail.

The chassis comes with an end cap that screws into the receiver extension threads if you prefer a more traditional pistol configuration, but it would be front heavy. The buffer tube and brace make it much easier to fire one-handed.
Nice pistol Frailer.

Kit Fox Defense

https://kitfoxdefense.com

They have some cool float tubes.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”