Military wants a harder hitting pistol

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
gaston_kalash
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Military wants a harder hitting pistol

Post by gaston_kalash » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:08 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/07/03/ ... ng-pistol/
Looks like the military is going into this again

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
SI JE PUIS

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Military wants a harder hitting pistol

Post by son of liberty » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Its the same old problem, everyone wants a more powerful handgun round with the least amount of recoil. The problem really comes down to application, and training, of course im speaking from a civilian standpoint never having to have used a handgun in combat or self defense. For most the 9mm is the perfect blend of control and power, for some its not, either way the same results should be expected and trained for. This is why drills like "Shoot em to the ground" and the "1-5 drill" are used for more then just handgun rounds.

I would not be a bit shocked to find them go 9mm again with an updated loading and a new plastic handgun.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:58 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Jff24Gordn
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jff24Gordn » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Mark 23

/thread

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 pm

10mm that is all
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Dustin wrote:10mm that is all
word

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:05 am

jackalo626 wrote:
Dustin wrote:10mm that is all
word
Double word.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:58 am

Let's try the gyro-jet again, that was an utter failure.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:15 am

Can somebody say a sidearm chambered with a rifle caliber, oh yeah!

Beretta doesn't want to loose that contract at all, it's not like they have a huge civilian following

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:29 am

Problem: 9mm isn't the issue, being force to use ball ammo is the issue. As for the M9 platform, it can get scraped entirely.

Solution: Fuck the GC and use quality HP ammo and 9mm is still very much a viable option. Then ditch the M9, replace it with a G17 that is simple, easy and extremely reliable.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:15 am

Hollow point & dum-dum ammo is outlawed by the Geneva Convention. Jacketed ball is the only allowed projectile.

From the Wyldphone
IN GOD WE TRUST

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:18 am

Wyldman wrote:Hollow point & dum-dum ammo is outlawed by the Geneva Convention. Jacketed ball is the only allowed projectile.

From the Wyldphone
Hague Convention of 1899 actually, The Geneva Convention has to do with POWs and non-combatants.
BTW: The USA never actually sign it,
Last edited by WLJ on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:19 am

You are correct, my confusion got the better of me. Need to sleep at night.

From the Wyldphone
IN GOD WE TRUST

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:09 am

WLJ wrote:
Wyldman wrote:Hollow point & dum-dum ammo is outlawed by the Geneva Convention. Jacketed ball is the only allowed projectile.

From the Wyldphone
Hague Convention of 1899 actually, The Geneva Convention has to do with POWs and non-combatants.
BTW: The USA never actually sign it,
That's my point, so why comply with it.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:27 am

The military doesn't know what it wants.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

MLH40324
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MLH40324 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:16 pm

M9 is too big. I bet a 9mm on smaller platform will be the solution. With Combat Arms open to all genders, now the ergonomics and fit of the new pistol will probably have to accommodate smaller hands.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:14 pm

It will be a combat super soaker.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:55 pm

They need to size people up to weapons and not a one size fits all. Just like the runt in a squad wont be carrying a SAW.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:Problem: 9mm isn't the issue, being force to use ball ammo is the issue. As for the M9 platform, it can get scraped entirely.

Solution: Fuck the GC and use quality HP ammo and 9mm is still very much a viable option. Then ditch the M9, replace it with a G17 that is simple, easy and extremely reliable.

One of the only times you will hear me say this, They should go with the S&W M&P not the Glock. I say this for a few reasons, you could get them with a thumb safety, so you could please both them who like them and them who dont. Its an American made product by an American company, it just seems right. They already have or could supply slides cut for Red dot as well as extended , threaded barrels, and while I dont think its needed all the time , it would be nice if the sharp edge had the option without altering the firearm.

Let me be clear about this though, I am a Glock fan boy , go glock or go home.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Toddstang wrote:They need to size people up to weapons and not a one size fits all. Just like the runt in a squad wont be carrying a SAW.
IMO, everyone in a fire team should carry a SAW... but to get back on track.

The reports I read are saying that the M9 platform is getting more expensive to maintain than it would be to replace them. I don't have a huge problem with the M9, but I don't have extensive use with it, but something about it doesn't fit me.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:09 pm

I had problems with magazines, springs worn out, even in new ones. I never really cared for it. Hopefully the next platform will begging back to the 1911, now that gets the juices going

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:26 pm

People wanting to go back to the 1911 makes me think of Jurassic Park. I mean, don't get me wrong I love the 1911, but I don't think the mil is going to consider a low cap single action.
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:29 pm

son of liberty wrote:
DDgunslinger wrote:Problem: 9mm isn't the issue, being force to use ball ammo is the issue. As for the M9 platform, it can get scraped entirely.

One of the only times you will hear me say this, They should go with the S&W M&P not the Glock. I say this for a few reasons, you could get them with a thumb safety, so you could please both them who like them and them who dont. Its an American made product by an American company, it just seems right. They already have or could supply slides cut for Red dot as well as extended , threaded barrels, and while I dont think its needed all the time , it would be nice if the sharp edge had the option without altering the firearm.

The M&P, one of the most overlooked firearms of today IMO.
BTW: Anyone considered something along the lines of a CZ-75? Which is another overlooked firearm in IMO.

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:25 pm

WLJ wrote:
son of liberty wrote:

The M&P, one of the most overlooked firearms of today IMO.
BTW: Anyone considered something along the lines of a CZ-75? Which is another overlooked firearm in IMO.
I love my CZ-75B (clone) except for the location of the mag release. It is also an internal slide (polymer frame) and could be difficult to manipulate with combat gloves.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:19 pm

I agree with SOL about the M&P 100%. I also think it's stupid not having American made products for our American military.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”