New Kentucky Laws

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

New Kentucky Laws

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:13 am

As the session ends, here are some new laws to know about. There is one in here about someone with an epo being able to get a emergency permit for concealed carry in one day.

Most new laws – all that don’t come from legislation with emergency clauses or different specified effective dates – will go into effect in 90 days.

Bills approved this year by the General Assembly include measures on the following topics:

Acupuncture. Senate Bill 29 will require acupuncturists to be licensed.

Adult protection. SB 98 will create an adult abuse registry to help employers in the adult care profession determine if a prospective employee has a previous history of substantiated adult abuse, neglect or exploitation.

All terrain vehicles. House Bill 260 will allow an ATV operator 16 years of age or older to cross a public roadway if the speed limit is 45 miles per hour or less without protective headgear in order to get from one ATV trail to another.

Boaters. SB 66, known as the “Boater Freedom Act,” will require boating enforcement officers to have a reasonable suspicion of violation of the state’s boating laws before boarding and inspecting a boat on Kentucky waterways.

Budget. HB 235 is the $20.3 billion budget that will guide state spending for the next two years. Many state agencies will face 5 percent budget cuts, though some critical areas, such as Medicaid, will be protected from reductions. Per pupil school funding at K-12 schools will go up. Funding for universities and community and technical colleges will be cut by 1.5 percent, though plans for bond-funded capital construction can go forward on many campuses. State employees and teachers will get raises and full contributions will be made to the state employee pension system.

Bullying. SB 20 will designate October as Anti-Bullying Month and a purple and yellow ribbon as the symbol for anti-bullying awareness. The bill was the idea of students at Madison Middle School in Richmond.

Cannabis oil. SB 124 will allow doctors at the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville to research and prescribe cannabis oil for medical purposes, such as treatment of pediatric epilepsy.

Child abuse. HB 157 will require more training for doctors on recognizing and preventing abusive head trauma among children.

Concealed weapons. HB 128 will allow anyone who has been granted an emergency protective or domestic violence order to receive a provisional concealed carry permit in one business day. The petitioners would undergo the same background checks and application requirements as other applicants but would have up to 45 days to complete the necessary training for a full concealed carry license.

Consumer protection. HB 232 requires businesses and other entities to notify consumers if a security breach might have resulted in the unauthorized acquisition of consumers’ personal or financial information.

Cybersecurity. HB 5 will improve electronic safeguards in state agencies and require that people be notified if a security breach occurs on a government computer system.

Diabetes. HB 98 will allow school staff trained by health professionals to assist diabetic students with insulin administration.

Driver safety. HB 90 will require parents or guardians to make a court appearance when a driver under 18 is cited for a traffic violation.

Electronic cigarettes. SB 109 prohibits the sale of e-cigarettes to those under the age of 18.

Health care. SB 7 will broaden the prescribing authority of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses.

Human trafficking. SB 184 will allow a person’s record to be cleared of a non-violent offense if a judge determines the offense resulted from being a victim of human trafficking.

Invasive plants. SB 170 will update and expand the state’s list of invasive and noxious plants, such as kudzu and poison hemlock, targeted for eradication from roadsides and public right-of-ways.

Jobs retention. HB 396 expands eligibility for Kentucky Jobs Retention Act benefits to include manufacturers of appliances. The legislation is expected to help GE invest up to $325 million in its Appliance Park operations in Louisville.

Juvenile justice. SB 200 will increase and strengthen evidence-based early intervention programs and services provided to young offenders of certain non-violent crimes, such as truancy. It will also increase education and training of certain employees in the juvenile justice system. The measure calls for data collection and reporting to measure the effectiveness of programs and policies, and would create a committee to oversee implementation of the legislation, monitor effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements based on outcomes.

Legislative Research Commission. HB 81 will implement an employee suggestion system for employees of the Legislative Research Commission and require that the national motto, “In God We Trust,” be prominently displayed in legislative committee rooms.

Newborn health. SB 7 will require periodic reporting of health statistics relating to drug-addicted or dependent newborns.

Road plan. HB 237 outlines the state’s $5.2 billion plan for road and bridge projects throughout the state for the next two fiscal years.

School calendar. HB 211 gives schools flexibility in adjusting their calendars to make up for the unusually high number of days schools were closed due to snow in recent months. The bill will allow school districts to increase the length of their school days to a maximum of seven hours for the remainder of this school year. Schools that aren’t on track to reach the number of instructional hours required annually by the state by June 6 can ask the commissioner of education to waive the requirement for some of their instructional hours.

State parks. HB 475 will allow residents near state park lodges and golf courses in counties where alcohol sales currently aren’t allowed to vote on whether by-the-drink alcohol sales should be allowed at the facilities.

Tax zappers. HB 69 would make it a Class D felony to possess a “tax zapper,” a device that could be used on a computerized cash register to help a retailer hide sales subject to tax from tax collectors.

Veterans. HB 337 will make it easier for veterans with applicable military experience to become licensed as an HVAC professional.

Voyeurism. SB 225 will update the state’s voyeurism laws to outlaw a practice called “up-skirting” in which a cell phone is used to take pictures underneath a woman’s skirt without her consent.

Wineries. SB 213 will allow Sunday alcohol sales at small farm wineries if authorized by a fiscal court vote or a local option election.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Re: New Kentucky Laws

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 am

Hmm, I don't see anything that should be alarming. Sounds good. Thanks for posting

SpyderArms
Been liked: 0

Post by SpyderArms » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks for the update. Very informative.
Spyder Arms LLC
FFL 07/02
859-474-0690
info@SpyderArms.com

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:23 am

Coach wrote:HB 235. Thank god.
Congratulations!!

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:23 am

That does sound like a good step towards fixing our school systems and putting more funding towards the actual kids and teachers.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:33 am

Rem700 wrote:
That does sound like a good step towards fixing our school systems and putting more funding towards the actual kids and teachers.
Till the all mighty school board of jefferson county just messes it up again. There should be a law on replacing them.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Till the all mighty school board of jefferson county just messes it up again. There should be a law on replacing them.
They always seem to find a way to fuck it up......thars why my goal is to get out of Jefferson County by this time next year

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Geno » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Appreciate the post.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 pm

No more up-skirting? Damnit!
:llama:

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Mike wrote:No more up-skirting? Damnit!

Won't really make a difference for you Mike. It says only if the woman does not consent...
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Rem700 wrote:
Funding has quadrupled in four decades for per pupil funding yet grades and test scores have not changed at all. We are pretty far down the education pole in the world. They are only throwing money at unions/teachers and not helping the children.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/129667- ... w-graphic/

"There is no connection between more funding and better education results; but the stagnation in educational quality has come not only with more funding, but increased federal control over education."

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Education is one of the few fields of endeavor where everyone is an expert.

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Frailer wrote:Education is one of the few fields of endeavor where everyone is an expert.
This made me laugh because its so true. I am posting national statistics for education funding and people want Kentucky statistics? I guess because it makes a huge difference on the world stage? I also know that Kentucky is not unionized for teachers hence why i typed "unions/teachers" But what do I know? I am only an international worker.

"American 15-year-olds continue to turn in flat results in a test that measures students' proficiency in reading, math and science worldwide, failing to crack the global top 20.

The Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA, collects test results from 65 countries for its rankings, which come out every three years.
The latest results, from 2012, show that U.S. students ranked below average in math among the world's most-developed countries. They were close to average in science and reading."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... ng-science

LETS THROW MORE MONEY AT A FAILING PROGRAM. Typical government/democrat ideology.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 pm

You're babbling.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:29 pm

240witsr wrote:
Frailer wrote:Education is one of the few fields of endeavor where everyone is an expert.
This made me laugh because its so true. I am posting national statistics for education funding and people want Kentucky statistics? I guess because it makes a huge difference on the world stage? I also know that Kentucky is not unionized for teachers hence why i typed "unions/teachers" But what do I know? I am only an international worker.

"American 15-year-olds continue to turn in flat results in a test that measures students' proficiency in reading, math and science worldwide, failing to crack the global top 20.

The Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA, collects test results from 65 countries for its rankings, which come out every three years.
The latest results, from 2012, show that U.S. students ranked below average in math among the world's most-developed countries. They were close to average in science and reading."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... ng-science

LETS THROW MORE MONEY AT A FAILING PROGRAM. Typical government/democrat ideology.
This thread is about KENTUCKY laws.

FYI, while we often end up bickering with keyboard commandos AND I have no clue as to your background, you happen to be arguing with one of the most knowledgeable people out there when it comes to the education system in Kentucky. Even better is that he's not a guy that tends to blow smoke up people's asses.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:43 pm

reaching for the popcorn......
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Coach wrote:Still waiting. Also go ahead and show me where ky is failing as a state.
I urge you to re-read my second post above. Otherwise, your comprehension problems are yet another testament.

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Marcus wrote:This thread is about KENTUCKY laws.
And I am clearly stating facts for federal education which spends far too much money and is far too low on the international stage. Comprehension is appreciated. :roll:

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Coach wrote:
240witsr wrote:
Marcus wrote:This thread is about KENTUCKY laws.
And I am clearly stating facts for federal education which spends far too much money and is far too low on the international stage. Comprehension is appreciated. :roll:
Read the thread title.
My apologies. We need to keep it simple for some folks. :lol:

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Clearly I was wrong to speak about education funding on state level when on an international basis we are failing in the world despite increase in funds year after year.

I wont argue. You are right. The big picture means nothing.

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Coach wrote:Sigh. Outside of JCPS name 5 counties in the commonwealth that are unionized
240witsr wrote: I also know that Kentucky is not unionized for teachers hence why i typed "unions/teachers" But what do I know? I am only an international worker.
Comprehension once last time is appreciated.

And I believe the links I posted back up all of my claims for world standings and funding. Google will assist you on anything else you would like to know. Facts are out there if you know how to look.
Last edited by 240witsr on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Coach wrote:Further to you graphic. Show me a KY trend line

Ill wait as well.

I'll also go out in a limb and guess you have absolutely no clue how much state govt has skimmed, not fully funded, or otherwise pilfered SEEK, Local levys, or the transportation budget for education jn the last 20 years.

Yea, I think we are still waiting for the Ky lottery to pay up its original 20% profit it promised back in 1988 to the state school systems.
Seems that money bought Wally Wilkinson's to turn his head and look the other way while the $$ went somewhere else.
And JCPS sucks balls.
Busing for diversity? Every dam neighborhood in Jefferson County is diverse now days. Paying tax dollars for schools like Manual, Male, Ballard, just to name a select few, where you have to be an elite snob to get your kid into. While schools like Fairdale, Southern, Moore, to name a few, need prison guards for an average kid to be safe from the masses.
No such thing as neighborhood schools anymore.

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Coach wrote:Read again. This thread is about KY. Not the world. Start that thread be my guest. Google is an excellent tool I would recommend you use it as well.
240witsr wrote:Clearly I was wrong to speak about education funding on state level when on an international basis we are failing in the world despite increase in funds year after year.

Arguing with poor comprehension or other illiterate issues is hurting my head.
Last edited by 240witsr on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Coach wrote:
240witsr wrote:Clearly I was wrong to speak about education funding on state level when on an international basis we are failing in the world despite increase in funds year after year.

I like the dig at the end, truly brought legitimacy to your ?argument?
Facts are facts mate. I dont need to argue anymore. America spends too much for too little.

240witsr

Post by 240witsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Coach wrote:I'll also fully agree on a national level we suck. Unions are 75% of that problem.

In Kentucky outside of JCPS it simply is not true.
Thank you, that is all that I was saying. Just simply in the wrong thread.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”