How much is a medium Heroin Blizzard now-a-days anyway?

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

How much is a medium Heroin Blizzard now-a-days anyway?

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:54 pm

http://www.wave3.com/story/22420516/cou ... airy-queen
Couple busted for heroin at Dairy Queen
Posted: May 24, 2013 9:17 PM EST Updated: May 31, 2013 9:56 PM EST
By Jared Brown - email

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A large heroin sting took place in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant.

According to an LMPD arrest report, the bust took place last night at the Dairy Queen on Manslick Road.

Officers reported that Terrance Wicks and Dawn Riggs attempted to conceal heroin in the passenger floorboard of a vehicle.

Armed with a search warrant, police searched the couple's apartment and discovered a large quantity of heroin, $7,500 in cash, and five loaded handguns.

The couple will face several counts.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: How much is a medium Heroin Blizzard now-a-days anyway?

Post by Mike » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:10 pm

So now a random heroin pop in a parking lot is newsworthy?

Hell the local police can make that story every shift in every division with the way they respond to heroin overdoses nowadays. Listen to the scanners and you hear a heroin overdose on avaerage every few hours.
:llama:

GunningBadger
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by GunningBadger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Mike wrote:So now a random heroin pop in a parking lot is newsworthy?

Hell the local police can make that story every shift in every division with the way they respond to heroin overdoses nowadays. Listen to the scanners and you hear a heroin overdose on avaerage every few hours.
When I did forensic path we would do at least two heroin ODs every day. Probably 5 on Monday after a busy weekend. No one can get OxyContin anymore because of new laws so they switch to heroin.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 pm

GunningBadger wrote:

When I did forensic path we would do at least two heroin ODs every day. Probably 5 on Monday after a busy weekend. No one can get OxyContin anymore because of new laws so they switch to heroin.

But I thought heroin was illegal too... :llama:
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

jdf747emt
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by jdf747emt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:52 am

yea we are getting them, cheaper. more bang for the buck. easy to smuggle. shoot it smoke it etc...but shooting it up is the common way I see, the problem is the junkies will do anything for the fix,
Creed of Platoon 1007, B Compnay, 1st Bat. Parris Island 1978 April 24. When your hot your hot, if not your dead.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:33 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:
GunningBadger wrote:

But I thought heroin was illegal too... :llama:

Crap! You're right! It can't possibly be heroin because that is ILLEGAL! We all know simply banning something makes it go away!
:llama:

Smithengineered
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Smithengineered » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Working in UofL ER I have noticed a huge increase over the past year and a half of Heroin OD's.

GunningBadger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GunningBadger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Smithengineered wrote:Working in UofL ER I have noticed a huge increase over the past year and a half of Heroin OD's.
What do you do down there? It's one of my least favorite places on the planet. My nightmare is to have some sort of trauma and wake up with residents I know cutting my clothes off and filling me with lines.

Smithengineered

Post by Smithengineered » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:32 pm

GunningBadger wrote:
Smithengineered wrote:Working in UofL ER I have noticed a huge increase over the past year and a half of Heroin OD's.
What do you do down there? It's one of my least favorite places on the planet. My nightmare is to have some sort of trauma and wake up with residents I know cutting my clothes off and filling me with lines.
Lol I know exactly what you mean! Room 9! I work in CT/X-ray.

GunningBadger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GunningBadger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Smithengineered wrote:
GunningBadger wrote:
Yup. Room 9 is not where I want to be.

Smithengineered

Post by Smithengineered » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm

GunningBadger wrote:
Smithengineered wrote:
GunningBadger wrote:
Yup. Room 9 is not where I want to be.
You work as a EMT or do you work there as well?

GunningBadger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GunningBadger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:49 pm

I just graduated med school. Heading out of town for a surgery residency.

Smithengineered

Post by Smithengineered » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 am

GunningBadger wrote:I just graduated med school. Heading out of town for a surgery residency.
Cool. Congrats!

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”