Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:35 pm

I'll just leave this here

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:05 pm

The world according to Trump according to a lib
Actually it's surprisingly accurate :llama:

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:23 am

Guess they took "cry me a river" literally

Cornell students hold ‘Cry In’ over Trump victory
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29856/
The Cornell Daily Sun reports that students hosted a “Cry In” on the quad Wednesday in the wake of the presidential election results.

“I’m quite terrified, honestly,” one student told the campus newspaper as she took part in the event. “It’s saying that people are really given into fear-mongering. They are willing to put people down based on their identity just so that they would feel vindicated that they would be getting rid of ‘Crooked Hillary.'”

Another participant told the Sun many are in “shock” as she sipped on a Starbucks coffee cup, sitting cross-legged in the institution’s Ho Plaza.

“I am concerned how this is validating the behavior of a lot of people,” she said.

As the event took place, students — roughly 20 or so, according to the Sun’s video — wrote their reactions and emotions on poster boards with colored markers, or with chalk on the ground. A chilly day on the Ithaca campus, at one point the demonstrators huddled together as what appeared to be a barista brought them warm drinks.

Several adults, most likely professors, stood around the group. The event appeared to take on the atmosphere of a funeral wake.

“I’d say the results are heartbreaking and such a slap in the face to so many of the populations that make up America,” an older lady who appeared to be a professor told The Sun. “I think it’s also an indication that there and many many people who are suffering and feel that haven’t been heard and they believe that Trump will answer their needs.”

On election night, Cornell students had reacted with shock and “horror” to the results.

“How the fuck is he winning? What the fuck?” said a student as Trump took the state of Ohio. Many students also said they felt genuine emotional distress “knowing that something like this could happen,” the Sun reports.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:26 pm

I cannot even comprehend this. These are not middle schoolers or even high schoolers. These are college students, adults, voters, professionals acting like children. These universities are a disgrace for enabling the temper tantrums and meltdowns. I honestly hate to describe it like that because my almost 3 year old daughter is way more squared away and less dramatic than these invalids.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:15 am

Yes many of the founding fathers, whoops I mean persons, did have their flaws but that doesn't change the meaning of their words.
The president of the university founded by Thomas Jefferson is being asked to stop quoting Thomas Jefferson.

A Friday letter signed by 469 students and professors objected to University of Virginia President Teresa Sullivan quoting the third U.S. president and Declaration of Independence author in a campus email because Jefferson owned slaves, The Cavalier Daily reported.
President of university founded by Jefferson asked to not quote Jefferson
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/14/pr ... erson.html

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Now buildings have to have "neutral building identity"

Trump signage removed from Manhattan apartments, residents no longer triggered by own address
http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/11/ ... n-address/
Most people probably wish they had a landlord who jumped into action as quickly as the company that manages an apartment complex on Manhattan’s Upper West Side that, until Wednesday, bore the Trump Place name.

ABC reports that more than 600 residents signed an online petition saying that Donald Trump’s values are “antithetical to the values we and our families believe in,” and having his name on the building was making it difficult to feel proud and happy to live there. Is it a stretch to assume that Trump Place sign was intact when most of those same tenants elected to move in?

Workers remove Trump signage from 3 Trump Place apartment buildings in NYC after petition calling for removal. https://t.co/uuCHMF89jw pic.twitter.com/aqqmihX2UB

— ABC News (@ABC) November 16, 2016

Since the letters were removed in order, residents can take pride in knowing that, if only for a short time, Rump Place was the address they called home.

SIGNAGE STRIPPED: #Trump name dumped from 3 Upper West Side apartment buildings after some residents protest the President-elect. @PIX11News pic.twitter.com/rRmFycqSDF

— Anthony DiLorenzo (@ADiLorenzoTV) November 16, 2016

US – Workers remove Trump signage after tenants saied they did not want their home associated with the president-elect. By @Bryan R. Smith pic.twitter.com/JfSNDkQFiW

— AFP Photo Department (@AFPphoto) November 16, 2016

Petitions are nice, but taking down the signage was probably a cost-effective move for property owner Equity Residential, which noted that the “more neutral building identity” will appeal to a wider range of tenants, now that the Trump brand has been rendered toxic.

ABC News reports that rents in the building range from about $2,630 a month for a studio to $12,500 for a penthouse unit.

So … what are they going to do with the sign now that it’s been taken down?

Trump signage coming off Upper West side skyscraper.

They need the letters for the White House? pic.twitter.com/wbPczKO5B6

— ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) November 16, 2016

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:36 pm

If it had anything to do with values, they would have moved and not supported the place. It's all just part of this perpetual temper tantrum bandwagon
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 am

So move, you dumb fucks.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:41 am

WLJ wrote:Would like to see more evidence of more than one person doing it but still

Oh and the offending statement
New Balance: "The Obama admin turned a deaf ear to us & frankly w/ Pres-Elect Trump we feel things are going to move in the right direction"
— Sara Germano (@germanotes) November 9, 2016
People Are Burning Their New Balance Shoes Because The Company Said Something Nice About Trump
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christiner ... p-n2244065
Don't cry for them too much, Rebook has offered to replace their New Balance shoes for free.

Reebok offers FREE sneakers to New Balance owners who are trashing their shoes because the company congratulated President-elect Trump
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... versy.html

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Won't be buying any Reebok shoes from here on out. Think I'll burn my mom's pair and post a video on YouTube.

:llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:44 pm

News flash for ya buddy
IT'S A FUCKING DOUGHNUT
The suit, filed Wednesday in a U.S. District Court for the Central District of California by Jason Saidian, is seeking class action status for Krispy Kreme customers. The plaintiff is asking for more than $5 million in damages from the North Carolina-based chain due to the alleged nonexistence of the “premium ingredients” advertised, Top Class

In the complaint, Saidian claims that the doughnut maker conducts “false and misleading business practices” because its “Chocolate Iced Raspberry Filled,” “Glazed Raspberry Filled,” “Maple Bar,” and “Glazed Blueberry Cake” doughnuts and holes don’t actually contain real raspberries, maple or blueberries.
Krispy Kreme sued over false advertising of fruit, maple doughnut ingredients
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/11/ ... ry-donuts/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:33 am

That evil flag again
BTW: Whatever happened to schools focusing on teaching our kids how to actually function in the world instead of turning them into zombified SJWs?

Warning: This is from the Daily caller, which while not as bad as info wars some of their stuff still has to taken with a gain of salt.

College Stops Flying US Flag Entirely After Flag-Burning Incident
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/20/colle ... -incident/
Hampshire College in Massachusetts has announced that it will no longer fly the U.S. flag at all in response to an incident where the flag was taken down and burned. The president of the college says that by getting rid of the flag the school will be able to focus on other issues like halting Islamophobia and promoting gay rights.

The mess for Hampshire College started a week and a half ago, after Donald Trump’s victory in the U.S. presidential election. The school responded to Trump’s victory by keeping the U.S. flag at half-staff, as if in mourning, which upset some community members. Then, on the night before Veterans Day, somebody took the flag down and set it on fire. While the motive isn’t known, there have been many examples of students burning U.S. flags to protest Trump’s electoral victory.

While the flag was replaced in time for a Veterans Day commemoration, Hampshire College president Jonathan Lash has announced the school won’t be flying the flag at all anymore.

“We will not fly the U.S. flag or any other flags at Hampshire for the time being,” Lash said in a campus-wide email, according to Campus Reform.

While acknowledging that getting rid of the flag may be “especially painful” for military veterans and their family members, Lash said he hoped doing so would “enable us to instead focus our efforts on addressing racist, misogynistic, Islamophobic, anti-immigrant, anti-Semitic, and anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and behaviors.”

The decision to dump the flag acquiesces to the demands of some campus activists.

“Think about the groups who use the flag, from police officers to the U.S. Army,” student Daniel Vogel told the Amherst Bulletin. “These are the forces on the ground that make oppression happen.”

Vogel said the school’s decision to fly the flag at half-staff was an unwelcome compromise and that only getting rid of the flag entirely was acceptable.

“To fly the flag at half-mast is a protest against the system, but it’s not a protest against how the system was created,” he said. “To get rid of the flag is to say we need to completely change things — we’ve had enough reform. Let’s make things actually happen.”

The U.S. flag has been a recurring source of dispute in Amherst, the town where Hampshire is located. Local lawmakers and citizens have repeatedly battled over whether the town should commemorate the 9/11 terrorist attacks by flying commemorative flags at the center of town.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:52 am

These are the forces that make oppression happen?? Really? I got news for ya skippy, the US military is a force for freedom. So, you can fuck off with all that oppression talk. And, protest against how the system was created?? What on earth can a protest possibly do about that?!? The stupidity that frequently comes out of the mouths of college students and faculty is breathtaking.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:50 am

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just lost an election in part over her email scandal, but while in Peru for an international summit, President Obama actually boasted about how his administration has been scandal-free over the last eight years.

@POTUS: "I'm extremely proud of the fact that over 8 years we have not had the kinds of scandals that have plagued other administrations." pic.twitter.com/Uv6ZVHl4H8
Seriously: Obama Brags About His Scandal-Free Administration
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkou ... n-n2248673

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:10 am

And his followers eat it up. Just because none of the numerous scandals ever made it back to him....partly because of him sealing records and partly because of him using fall guys...they all claim his 8 years to be scandal free.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am

2001 It's Bush's fault
2002 It's Bush's fault
2003 It's Bush's fault
2004 It's Bush's fault
2005 It's Bush's fault
2006 It's Bush's fault
2007 It's Bush's fault
2008 It's Bush's fault
2009 It's Bush's fault
2010 It's Bush's fault
2011 It's Bush's fault
2012 It's Bush's fault
2013 It's Bush's fault
2014 It's Bush's fault
2015 It's Bush's fault
2016 It's Trump's fault

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:22 am

Lol...an accurate liberal timeline

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:31 am

Funny how after 50+ years of enacting one liberal feel good law after another we're now more racist and bigoted than ever.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:50 am

WLJ wrote:Funny how after 50+ years of enacting one liberal feel good law after another we're now more racist and bigoted than ever.
Typical results from government effort
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:16 pm

WLJ wrote:Funny how after 50+ years of enacting one liberal feel good law after another we're now more racist and bigoted than ever.
Word

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Chipotle Sued For Making Customers ‘Too Full’
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/11/ ... -too-full/

(PITTSBURGH CBS)– Chipotle has been advertising a new option to their simplistic menu: a chorizo burrito.

The burrito is a regular burrito that incorporates new meat, a chicken and pork sausage mix, and it’s advertised to be just 300 calories.

This should’ve been met with inquisitive reactions because, like, Chiptole + 300 calories just isn’t a thing that exists in this world.

Three men in Los Angeles, at separate Chipotle locations, were overcome with excitement and couldn’t wait to devour a healthy alternative from the popular chain, despite it containing literally everything that a regular burrito would include but just a different type of meat.

They each ate it all, and surprise, surprise, they were full after. Not just that their hunger was satiated, no, they were ‘too full.’

So full that they’ve decided to sue Chipotle.

From a complaint filed in the Los Angeles County Superior Court, via Laist, one man “felt excessively full and realized that the burrito couldn’t have been just 300 calories.”

Chipotle, congruent with most American entities, errs on the side of excess. The affordable fast food chain is an efficient way to get a meal in and ensures you won’t be hungry for many hours on end. Unfortunately, a regular side effect to consuming the delicious food is becoming bogged down and lethargic, not to mention its unhealthy traits.

But that seemed to be a trade off the consumer has been willing to make and that’s just how it’d be. Maybe these three will inspire a change at Chipotle, or just get something out of it for themselves.

They’re seeking unspecified damages as well as ensuring nothing like this happens again, by forcing Chipotle to stop using misleading information in advertisements.

Not the heroes we deserve, but the heroes we need.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:09 pm

They need to hold their breath while counting to 100000.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:53 pm

http://heatst.com/world/schools-teachin ... tic-abuse/
Schools Teaching Kids That Disney Movies Promote Racism, Sexism and Domestic Abuse

By Kieran Corcoran | 5:49 am, November 21, 2016

Thousands of children are being taught that Disney movies are glamorizing racism, sexism and domestic violence, it has been revealed.

A trove of lesson plans, widely-shared among British teachers, explains the films as tales of oppression, and says Beauty and the Beast is an example of domestic abuse.

It also takes aim at titles like Aladdin, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.
Get our exclusive newsletter—the best of Heat Street every day

On the subject of Beauty and the Beast, the material suggests that Belle is living under a constant threat of violence with “only her sexuality” to defend her.

It says: “The Beast does not attack Belle but the threat of physical violence is present.

“The movie says if a woman is pretty and sweet natured she can change an abusive man into a kind and gentle man.

“In other words, it is the woman’s fault if her man abuses her. And of course, the beast turns into a handsome prince because ugly people cannot be happy.”

Describing Snow White, the plan says: “She doesn’t mind house work because she is sure a rich young man will soon come and take her away,” children are told.

“This is typical of Disney’s movies. Young women are naturally happy home-makers. They wait – like Snow White in her coma – until a man comes along to give them life.”

The plans, aimed at teaching social issues to children aged 11-16, were unearthed by The DailyTelegraph from a teaching resources site, from which they had been downloaded some 6,000 times.

The site offers ready-made lessons which teachers can alter as they see fit, or use in their entirety.

Although there is no way to tell how many times the plans have been put into action, even if only 5% of those who download the lesson actually teach it, it will still reach some 10,000 schoolchildren.

In light of the discovery, a spokesman for Disney defended the stories in a statement to the media.

He said: “For more than 90 years, Disney’s timeless stories and beloved characters, including Disney Princesses, have been universal, relatable and relevant for everyone.

“They are loved by millions of children and adults across gender because it is their inner qualities such as determination, kindness, loyalty, humour, courage and wit that shine through and define them.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:14 am

Internet grain of salt warning
The most surprising result from his 11-year experiment? Students’ overwhelming belief that slavery began in the United States and was almost exclusively an American phenomenon, he said.
Most college students think America invented slavery, professor finds
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29719/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:25 am

Will someone think of the children!

The usual warnings apply

National Pediatric Org: Talk To Your Kids About Trump
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/15/natio ... out-trump/
A national pediatrics organization released a post-election recommendation encouraging parents to talk to their children about Donald Trump’s election victory, so they can avoid long-term psychological trauma from it.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) represents more than 60,000 pediatricians nationwide. In an email sent out to members a few days after Trump’s surprising election victory, AAP CEO Karen Remley discussed the “disturbing rhetoric” following the election and how pediatricians could help children cope.

“[AAP members] requested advice on how to speak to children and families about the results, how to help each other cope with disturbing rhetoric, and how to explain news reports of protests. They have sought reassurance that our mission remains steadfast to advance policies that protect all children,” Remley says in the email.

Remley proceeds to offer advice that, while not overtly partisan, clearly treats Trump’s election victory as a psychologically devastating, and perhaps even physically dangerous, event.

“Take care of yourself first,” Remley advises. “Children depend on the adults around them to be and feel safe and secure. If you are anxious or angry, children are likely to be more affected by your emotional state than by your words.”

In another part of the letter, Remley implies Trump’s victory could be a source of real danger.

“Allow your child to express what he or she is feeling, including fear, anxiety, or anger,” she says. “Reassure your child of the steps that are being taken to keep him or her safe.”

In several links at the end of the email, Remley encourages pediatricians to direct parents to AAP information pages regarding “Childhood Exposure to Violence” and “How To Support Your Child’s Resilience In A Time Of Crisis.” The specific crises mentioned in the latter link, which Trump’s election is thus being compared to, are the arrival of a major hurricane and the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The AAP’s email was forwarded to The Daily Caller News Foundation by a pediatrician who said it bothered him so much, he decided to quit the organization after being a member more than 20 years.

“To my knowledge, we were not warned about [health dangers] after the election of Barack Obama, or his reelection,” pediatrician George Fidone told TheDCNF. “This is a political agenda, not for children’s health, just fulfilling a very left-wing political ideology.”

Fidone said he’d never seen such a message put out for an election before, but only for violent events like the 9/11 attacks and the Orlando nightclub shooting. Classing Trump’s victory with those events, he said, was abhorrent.

“[The article implied] an impending sense of danger, chaos for your children,” Fidone added. “They may all be at risk of some psychological harm from this election. That is absolutely a position I don’t share.”

It’s not the first time the AAP has enmeshed itself in a political topic that goes beyond ordinary medicine. The group has advocated for increased gun control measures such as renewing the federal assault weapons ban. The group’s president has also encouraged pediatricians to embrace transgenderism in children as young as five.

The AAP did not respond to a request for comment about the email.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”